Speculation: Jetfire, other Classics in RtS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dasaffe, Oct 27, 2010.

1. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Considering that Classics Bumblebee and Rodimus are getting a reissued in the Reveal the Shield line, does anyone think this is a perfect opportunity for Hasbro to pad their offerings with some re-releases of the last rubsign line, Classics?

It seems like sneaking the Jetfire mold into Reveal the Shield would make sense. I'd be happy to snap that guy up finally. Any others that would work? Mirage?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's not really a reissue. It's a repaint.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    And with that, Hasbro revisited the mold a couple years back with "Treadshot", which ended up dumped at Walmart for $10 last Christmas.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    What it comes down to is you'd like Hasbro to risk thousands of dollars rereleasing the mold just so you can get it without having to pay secondary market prices.

I think there's always the possibility of a rerelease, perhaps increased given Jetfire's presence in WFC, but it's only a vague possibility.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I don't think they'd use the gun Megatron, but the deluxe tank maybe.

Prime(voyager or deluxe) I don't see happening since they've got the new voyager mold and the deluxe G2 mold. Jetfire I suppose could, but ... eh?

Mirage could work, especially with one of the many yet-unused decos that were designed... possibly red Mirage?

Astrotrain hasn't been repainted and could be updated either as a new character or use cartoon/henkei colors.

Grimlock... I think they didn't want to do beasts, but it'd be good to go along with the PCC Dinobots

Starscream/Ramjet... already twice in Generations, but Sunstorm's certainly an option. I don't think Thundercracker will show up unless it's AM colors. I think Hasbro would consider any straight TC-colors repaint of Starscream to similar to BC TC, whereas they view Thrust & Dirge as different due to using different remolding.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Other than you wanting to buy a Jetfire at retail price, what makes this a good idea?

7. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I really don't think the Classics Jetfire mold is worth reissuing or repainting at this point. The redecos didn't sell well, and my personal opinion is that it's not that great of a toy.

It's horribly back-heavy and the leg ratchets are set too far apart, limiting poseability. The normal head is too small and the helmeted head is too large, making both look out-of-place on that body.

The concept is there, I see what they were trying to pull off in design, but I think the actual execution fell a bit short.

Classics Bumblebee, on the other hand, is a great toy and is likely being repainted because Bumblebee pretty much always sells.

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The only classics bumblebee reissue I'm aware of is for the japanese "United" line. Which contains a lot of the generations figures. Maybe hasbro wants to re-release it again. But I don't see the collectors demand with the 2006 white stripe bee, 2007 cliffjumper, and 2008 black stripe bee versions out there. Kids like bumblebee though. There may just be pegs to fill with his smileing mug till the end of the franchise.

The rodimus is a repaint and a justified one. I really want it. 86' movie colors are loud and nostalgic. There will still a place on my shelf for the classics version. And hey TFCC has the wicked sideburn membership freebie in 2011 as well.

Jetfire got a redeco with a head retool to botcon dreadwind in 2007 and into universe treadbolt in 2008. The treadbolts were actually kind of shelf warmers. Many collectors were not into the brown. Or maybe they just did'nt feel like a micromaster character was worth a voyager update. At least I picked up a bunch of them cheap from toys r us closeout. Its awesome. Very complementary to jetfire. I would be up for another repaint of that. The mold has tough ratchets, it can take the abuse and reuse.

My idea for the Jetfire Redeco: Windsweeper the G1 triggercon Jet. It has the same style of wings as Jetfire, and its gimmick with the flip out cannons is similar to the triggercon. like the 2008 crankcase redeco of cybertron red alert. Another triggercon homage that made sense.

Mirage already had Fracture and Dragstrip. Both store exclusives. Though hasbro was planning to do a diaclone colors red mirage if their hasbro toy shop special edition line had sold better.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Jetfire would be a decent choice as he's never been re-released aside from undesireable or expensive redecos. He's a fan favorite and kids now know his name from ROTF. Some of you guys shouldn't be so condescending toward your fellow fan.. that's beat.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Check the news forum.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's being condescending?

I think the general point is, Classics Bumblebee is getting rereleased, which is itself unusual. Of course the deco is different, but it is under the same name. However, if anything was going to get rereleased it would be an uber-popular character like that. I think Hasbro has got better, or at least more interesting, things up its sleeves as far as pre-movie 3 Voyager figures.

I would just keep looking for Jetfire on the secondary market. That's how I got mine, and the price wasn't bad at all.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I see it now. Wow that's recent news. So its kind of like the black stripes bee only its not a store exclusive and the stripes are completely redesigned. Would not be surprised if it turns out movie camaro bee orange instead of yellow as well. *Sigh* looks like I'm buying that.

Windsweeper Jetfire repaint. Can't get it out of my head.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well it would make sense now...I mean some people didn't collect back in 2006 or could afford Henkei, it makes sense espicially now with the reveal the shield line.

I don't honestly need anything but it's great for people who missed out on them.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It looks like they're doing it with Bumblbee.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Bumblee isn't that big of a risk.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I could see Jetfire in black as a ROTF deco homage. And hell, they could do Classics Prime with flames while they're at it.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think that'd make Jetfire deco very close and perhaps, too close to dark skyfire

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Kinda like a Bumblebee with black stripes.

19. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

Fair point, but did we really need another repaint of the mold?

Personally, i'd like to see a scout class version of Bumblebee instead of yet another needless repaint.

Regarding Jetfire - i'd much rather see a MP Jetfire than a reissue of his classics incarnation.

And if that happens, i'll gladly sell the OP my Classics Jetfire ;) 

20. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Movie-homage Jetfire would be cool.

And the whole point of my post was to stoke some conversation about what other molds Hasbro might sneak into this line since it's the main focus of the next few months (don't mince my words: I know there are other lines running concurrently). They've already thrown in some repaints, there will be more.