Spectacular Spider-man

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    [SARCASM]
    No way! The movie did it way better.

Sure the cartoon showed detail into Peter's life, personality, and how much of a role model Ben Parker was for him.

But ask yourself this: was all that symbolism and soul searching really better than having Spider-man play piano and perform alternative dance?
    [/SARCASM]

Spider-man FTL...

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    just started watching this and its realyl good I'm up to episode 8 how many are out already and is there a place to catch the rest if theres more already after 8.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're at episode 12 now. The season finale is next week.

All the episodes are up at www.veoh.com at the moment.

I am so getting this show when the DVDs come out. It's been outstanding from the getgo. The action, the animation, the writing, the characterization, everything. Best superhero 'toon ever, with possible exception to The Tick, since they're really not in competition. Not to discount the DCAU, though, as it's pretty damned close.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Season finale next week? NOOOOO!! This show is getting everything right so far. Don't leave me!

I second the "getting this on DVD" sentiment. One of the best superhero cartoons ever.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I agree wholeheartedly. Best Spider-Man toon since Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends. The storytelling has been top notch and reminds me of the Spidey I read growing up. Even the symbiote costume has been done well. Loving it!

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have to admit Im really enjoying the series. The characters have been well done, especially the symbiote how it feeds/amplifies negative emotions.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    To be honest, I was slightly disappointed that they left out one thing. In the comic, Spidey finally realizes what the symbiote is doing to him, when he almost kills a criminal. The 90s cartoon did it. I kind of wanted to see it happen here. Everything that they did do, was great, though.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He almost killed Doc Ock before Captain Stacey yelled to him. Yeah the symbiote was in control and Peter didn't remember but maybe Peter subconsciously stopped when he heard Stacey.

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I have GOT to re-read the original symbiote saga. Never once do I recall it taking him over aside from the sleep-slinging, but everyone else insists that it did. I'm usually good about remembering that type of stuff too...

10. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Season's over, and I must say the Venom showdown was pretty well executed.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree. It was a great episode. I hope it comes back for a second season.

12. ZarakZone

ZarakZone Wot's...Uh The Deal?

I have to say I was slightly disappointed when Pete put the genetic cleanser down the drain. I was hoping that he would keep it until it was sort of tainted or something so he'd take it and get two extra arms.

13. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I have a TPB of the original symbiote saga... And you'd be right. It doesn't show the symbiote using a sleeping Peter to fight, just out webslinging and jumping roofs. Peter only got suspicious of the costume because he was sleeping through whole days, the costume was starting to act odd (harder to get off, thought he saw it moving on it's own), and his dream with the two costumes fighting.

In Ultimate Spider-Man however, the suit reacted to his memory of Uncle Ben's killer and almost killed another burglar he was after.

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't like how after the suit came off Brock Peter just left him there. I would think he should be worried about what Brock might try to do even without the suit.

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Okay, good. Glad to see I'm not gonna lose my geek-cred.

And the finale was awesome. Beat downs, scare tactics and a whole lotta creepiness. They got Venom down pat. Very cool. I do wonder what's going to happen to poor Eddie though.

And another thing I really appreciate about this show is that it's taking from all versions of the Spider-Man story. Ultimate, movie, and of corse, 616. Spidey tricking the alien like that was right out of the comics. I loved it.

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Awesome showdown! Sam should have waited for the cartoon to see how to do Venom well. This show has to come back for another season... and get this one onto DVD/Bluray ASAP.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Sam didn't like Venom at all the studio head made him put him in.

18. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I thought the movie did a good job with Venom personally... it's how they handled the symbiote while Peter was wearing it I didn't like. I mean, they basically showed it as lifeless costume that made him stronger and a jerk, yet Peter knew it was alive. I would have liked to have seen it's shape-shifting abilities between costume and regular clothes that he found so useful in the comics. Or fixing it's self after it gets damaged in battle.

Anyway, really like what they're doing with this cartoon. Hopefully they'll keep it around for a while. I'd like to see where they can take it.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I love this show and Animated

20. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

The scene that some one mentioned earlier about the symbiote almost making Peter kill a crook was from the Ultimate line, not the 616 universe.

And I have to say that I love this show. Its the most fun I've had with Spiderman in years.