Spectacular Spider-man

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Watched the first episode. Second one is starting now. So far it looks entertaining. The 90s cartoon was great in the beginning until it turned into one long winding story. But even that was still good. Hopefully this one can be just as good and lasts longer than the MTV one.

And is anyone else loving the theme? I'm not sure why I like it but it's really really catchy.

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We're watching it now too. Its actually not too bad. I dig the theme too :D 

3. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I loved it! The amou8nt of set-up in the first episode alone was brilliant! Good stories, great characters with an awesome cast! The only thing that could make it better is the promise of an eventual Ben Reilly appereance!

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I liked how the story just started. They didn't need to set up the whole origin thing, but rather hinted to it and just got into the series.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched both episodes this morning after Animated was over. So far, my reaction can best be described as "meh." The show has some good points and some bad points, neither one really outweighs the other.

I love having Gwen Stacy on the show instead of Mary Jane. That right there wins big points from me (I've hated MJ ever since the movies). Eddie Brock's role is really cool, too. The animation and art design are pretty standard for Kids WB. Not quite as stylized as Legion or The Batman, but still pretty similar.

I didn't like Peter's voice over narration. It started off annoying and didn't stop. I'm also not fond of Aunt May's design - she doesn't look like an old woman. Is it that hard to draw a couple of wrinkles? The fight scenes were okay, but not really impressive. The big battles with Vulture and Electro felt like they got cut off very abruptly.

The theme song blows. Hard. We're talking Power Rangers Operation Overdrive levels of suck here.

I might watch it again if it's still on after Animated and I'm bored, but I'm not a big fan based off of the first two episodes.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot it was on. :( 

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Me too. I didnt think it was gonna be any good, to be honest, but after some actual clips and stuff, it looks pretty cool.

8. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I quite enjoyed the first two episodes. The theme song was catchy and I liked it. The animation isn't half bad. A few cameo's here and there, I liked those. Although, I did have one gripe: Electro looked ******ed without his mask. He should just keep his costume on, its new and cool. But overall, the show is watchable.

9. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    Is it on the internet yet. I missed the episodes.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

It was OK, I really can't wait until this type of stylized animation thing gives way.

I'm tired of it.

11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The super dilated eyes got to me, and is it just me or should gwen have been liz

12. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

any torrents anywhere yet?

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I recorded it and I tried bareing through it but couldn't it sucked PERIOD

14. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    +1

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i liked it, but it was no wear near the quality of the 90's one, but it was much better then the last series. how ever, everything's seeming rushed to get villains out... and made with.

but i like that they have characters that become villains later, already in it, instead of appearing the episode they become that lizardman or what not.

with the exception of the vulture

16. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

It seemed pretty good to me, but the giant pupils look a bit strange. It was nice to see some classic Spider-Man villains like the Vulture and Electro, and how they're setting up for the Lizard. Interesting take on Eddie Brock.

17. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

It'll give way when Animator's can make fluid animation with a detailed art style and/or the kids grow tired of it. However, since there's always a next wave of kids grown old enough to watch these shows and enjoy them, and animators still have to draw out each frame of animation, or animate it in flash, I can't see it going any time soon.

When does this air in the UK, anyway?

18. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    There was ZERO advertisement on TELEVISION, so I didn't know a damn thing about until I clicked on this link. But I guess that's natural, since THE CW seems determined to snub KIDSWB! out of exsistence like a Cigar bud.

Anyhow, I'm watching the first episode of the first episode now (on YouTube). Its certianly a hundred times more entertaining than MTV's take on Spider-Man. Its nowhere near the quality of the 1990s Animated Series, Animation (character personality wise, as the Animation in this cartoon is pretty fluid) and Atmosphere-wise. Peter Parker's design reminds me of the Parker in the aformentioned Spider-Man cartoon, even his voice actor (Josh Keaton) kinda reminds me Christopher Daniel Barnes, sometimes.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you Youtube. Wow this show is a lot better than I thought it would be. Love all the throw-backs to characters in the early ASM run like Foswell, and the Enforcers and the Big Man. Only thing that grates me is Harry's obnoxious voice. Also May looks and sounds a little too young. Wonder if this show will have the constant threat of her heart condition like the early comics...
    Peter's phone calls from May while fighting Electro were hilarious. This show rocks.

20. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Even if the kids grow tired of it, it'll just be replaced with a different kind of stylized animation. The truth is detailed animation is difficult to do right on a TV budget. Say what you will about the writing and design of the old XMen/Spider-Man series, but the animation itself just wasn't very good.