Special Ops Jazz (Reveal the Shield)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Optimus Prime, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I have United Jazz since a few days and I really love that figure. I always wanted a Jazz like this and now, almost 20 years later I finally have him! Tragic I did not have those great toys when I was actually a kid who wanted to play with them. He's so great. Only downside is his chest. When you want to move his arms, you have to hold his chest so it does not move instead of the arms. Totally opposite to the canopy of my Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus which is all sloppy and turns just by looking at the figure.

He's easily one of my favourite figures I have! I'd like to say THE favourite, but it is hard to decide between Cyclonus, Scourge, WfC Optimus Prime and Starscream.

But by judging his size I think that I really need a bigger Optimus Prime and Galvatron. But then again I would need a bigger Rodimus and WFC Megs as well... so I leave them as deluxes as long as there are no fitting voyager counterparts for all figures.

But back to Jazz. Everything is great, his carmode, his botmode, the bright white, the paint job. And to add something to the discussion of molded or painted arms: The upper black part is molded black und the lower white arms are molded white.

I'm really glad I ordered the United version, it looks so many times better and what astonished me: In hand he looks much better than on the internet, although the united version looks already great in pictures!

I can only recommend everyone to get this nice figure! :) 

2. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

I second the above post! Looking back he'll probably be the favorite of my classics collection.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Anyone have the G2 Reprolabels set for him who cares to share pics/thoughts on? Really want to round out my G2 Classics with a few figs.

4. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

LOL, people sure don't like having to use their fingers to hold that chest down. Seems like a rather minor nitpick IMHO.

5. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ This. I honestly can't see what all the full is about, it seems stable enough to me.

The silhouette alone makes this one of the greatest car-formers ever released. It's nigh on perfect, especially the United version.

CHUG has been a fantastic run, but will probably be the last line of TF's I pick up for some time. If they return with characters like Skids, Shockwave, Tralbreaker or even new Dinobots I may pick it up again, but for now I'm happy to go out on a high and take a break for a while.

6. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    I can't bring myself to like this guy. He looks so nice, but he just feels cheap and that gap where the gun goes in robot mode is an eyesore and The instability of the chest is annoying as well (to me). Don't get me wrong that head sculpt is one of my favorites and he looks unbelievable.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey man I just checked mine and it has those notches, the notches weren't there before hand and I can't pin point how it happened, any idea man?

Thanks.

8. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yes they were. You just hadn't noticed before. Seriously. I've got 2 of these guys and I've seen countless others. They ALL have them. It's part of the design.

9. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the knics/indents weren't there though before transformation on my one.Mine is the same, I looked at mine today and those knics/indents are now there when they weren't present before transformation, I tried to look to see where the indents could have come from and didn't spot anywhere, it looks as if they cut during the transformation as the indents are identical nearly and in the same spots, any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you.

10. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I checked before transformation and after and they appeared, I'm very confused as they weren't there whatsoever before the transformation, I'm very thorough

11. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Crazy baby! I have no clue then... It's an enigma wrapped in a tortilla...

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If there's a part you want to tighten but don't want to disassemble it or discolour it - you can try dripping paint suspension fluid in the gaps (I.e. Tamiya Colour paint that has not been stirred). It take a few hours to try completely hard but it's ideal to firm up ball and sockets or hinges you can't get to pieces as you can drip it or brush it in place and it does not damage or look glossy like Superglue or Nail polish can..

It would be good to firm up Jazz's Shoulder hinges or Tracks legs a little if you don't want do any serious harm to him.

I did this on Jazz's Wrists on mine worked perfectly.

13. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude I owe you a massive credit, the knics were there, seen two jazzs' in package today and they both had them misb, you were right!

14. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

I can't wait until my Amazon order gets here. I know I am late to the game for Jazz but glad I got him now. Been waiting for a proper Jazz figure.

15. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Jazz is fricking amazing. That's all there is to it. He's simple, but that simplicity is the epitome of perfection. His articulation is beyond most others, and... and...
    I think I'm in love with him.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So I finally found this guy, on sale, too. I excitedly bought him an Tracks, but the excitement sort of fizzled for me. He's good, but there's so many problems. The arms are floppy, the chest doesn't lock down, the gun isn't solid, the legs look kinda junky and have the knee too far up. He comes really close to being good but stupid easily avoided little things get in the way. Add to that an uninspired design and lack of real character and I find the toy mediocre at best.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Sounds like maybe you got a bum Jazz? I'm not the biggest fan, but yours sounds worse then mine with the floppy arms.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the arms definitely aren't supposed to be floppy. Mine are actually almost too tight.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    To be clear I'm refering to the parts that hold the arms. The arms themselves are nice ad tight, it's the part holding the wheels and sections of the hood that flop.

Also the method of storing the arms in car mode sucks. He either doesn't sit flush or the doors pop open.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wings too small? They're practically the length of his arms. You do realise the doors are part of the wings, right?