Spark slicing

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Javelin, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how much we know about this. Tailgate (Mtmte) called it "Spark slicing", others call it "Constructed Cold". From what little we know, a small sliver is taken from a spark, and used to create life. This really interests me, because I'm wondering how much would be needed, wouldn't it somehow weaken the donator, and under what circumstances would someone offer to have their spark shaved? I can only imagine it would hurt. Would a high-ranking individual come to someone and ask if they would consider having their spark sliced, or would someone up and volunteer? That's rather close to a parent/child setting, and I'm curious if there has ever been any sort of story, either in IDW or any other comic that uses Spark slicing, where a contructed cold cybertronian would know who they, in essence, came from?

Also, if the Cybertronian race is finite, why aren't they still spark slicing?

Thought and musings greatly welcome!

2. Kash613

Kash613 Member

Well they are not doing it because it was a lie. They never did the spark slicing or splicing. It was just a cover story told during Nova Primes era so they could exploit the matrix without the religious backlash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kash613

Kash613 Member

Tyrest explained it during the remain in light arc I think?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    He did. As you say, the process never actually existed; it was all just a lie to cover up the fact that Constructed Cold bots were actually created from the Matrix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Hmm, I was not aware of this. I need to go back and reread those issues! Thanks! :) 

6. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Interesting theme resp. I found the different reproduction methods of the Transformers always fascinating...or scary.

Btw, I was wondering quite a while, how Sixshot came to his son Quickswitch. Maybe someone can explain it to me ?!

7. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Essentially Nova noticed fewer and fewer hotspots forming. He realised that they would soon be a population without growth (presumably he still saw them as immortal given that Ratchet confirmed cybertronians dying of old age is a very recent revelation, and given the likes of Arcee something that may only affect the most absolutely ancient of them). He had his scientists analyse the matrix and realised you could syphon energy off of it to create sparks. These sparks would be incapable of developing outlier or point one percenter abailities but were only different from normal sparks in their wavelengths. Since this was a desecration, they came up with the spark splicing cover story, the idea that volunteers were having sparks split and a new spark grown from one part. Eventually a scientist fled with the matrix, replacing it with a duplicate. No more sparks, but there were huge caches already built up (enough that every cybertronian group and city had representives of both origins).

• Like Like x 1