Soundwave size...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why couldn't he be a little taller than what he was in the movies? If he were a big van, could his head reach to Megatron shoulders?

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

He's designated as Bee's foe. So they made him similar to Bee.

And to your second question, yes, if he were a big enough van he could.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Because he transformed into a small Mercedes? Based on my minimal knowledge about cars, Mercedes aren't really monsters of vehicles.

Maybe, depending on the size of the van. Megatron is in excess of 30 feet in height, Mercedes-Soundwave is around 16-17 feet. That'd have to be one HUGE van for Soundwave to approach 25+ feet in height.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    To be up to Megatron's shoulder, one would have to be ~30 feet tall (i.e. Optimus and Starscream's height) -- and probably turn into something roughly 25-30 feet long. A news van or some such might be around that size.

Of course, Soundwave's stature is dictated by his alt (which by necessity of the plot needed to be a car) and role (evil Bumblebee, complete with evil Sam in the form of Mr. Gould).

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why couldn't he be a little taller?
    - Soundwave was designed in DOTM to be a parallel to Bumblebee even having a human 'partner' also. He was designed to be the same height (almost) as Bumblebee so Bumblebee would be able to fight him easier later in the film. His alt mode also does not allow for much height considering his vehicle mode is only slightly longer than Bumblebee and Soundwave has more emphasis on his 'barely used' arm weapons and arms.

If he were a big van, could his head reach to Megatron shoulders?
    - Depends entirely on what Van you mean. With his current robot mode style emphasis is on the arms so even if he had a different bigger alt mode he would still be relatively small with 'body builder' style arms.

6. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Van? What about a Sattelite Fan? Like that one on DeviantArt.

7. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

I saw that and it was great should've been used!!!

8. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Yeah, Wave should mass-shift in for the favor.

9. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Totally.

Megatron: "Dylan, we need to keep an eye on Carly. We need something to be able to track her. Something small and sleek and wouldn't seem out of the ordinary for a man in your position."

Dylan: "I have the perfect idea, my liege."

*later*

Dylan: "Here, Carly, I bought you this really expensive and giant armored communications van as a work bonus. Enjoy. It makes total sense because I'm a rich snob with a huge supply of fancy cars at my disposal. What? No, nothing's up. Ha ha, why would you say that? Don't you like blue armored vans? It goes with your eyes. Look, just shut up and take it, okay!"

In the context of DotM, it would've made no sense. RotF? I'm sure they could've worked it out.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    It would have been nice if Barricade reformatted to the Mercedes and still be Bumblebee's foe for DOTM and finish what they started in TFTM. Then have Soundwave be a bigger bot sending minions everywhere.

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh, they could have had some other Con serve as the Mercedes, while Soundwave hung around in space (or went into van mode) out of sight dispatching minions.

Because let's be honest, he had a better role in ROTF than in DOTM, and if they needed a new mode for him then this would have been more than appropriate:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7PPtqXHrhU0/TQ48ZwKrl-I/AAAAAAAAABI/1O8K1UznVk0/s1600/soundwave+movie.jpg

12. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

The least Soundwave could've done what shoot a giant laser down to Earth.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So, instead of being a key player in the spotlight and spying on the heroes firsthand you'd rather he be shmucking around in the background doing nothing worth a damn and no doubt meeting his end offscreen?

About the sense I've come to expect from this forum.

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    A good spymaster works in the shadows. And wouldn't him being in the background would mean he'd still make moves, in effect still commanding Cons while taking measures to counter the Autobots (and bring Megatron back again)?

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Turning into something the heroes unwittingly pick up is Soundwave's gig. I mean, others can and have done that, but Soundwave's a real master at it.

Besides, I don't think these movies can do the "puppet-master in the shadows pulling all the strings" thing you're talking about.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The robots in the movies will never be consistent . Everything depends on what type of shot tbe director wants to have in the movie and who thd biggest star is, in this case it would be BB.

I'll never get over how Bay/Co. dwarfed Rampage.

17. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, they could've, I guess. But by that logic, there's literally millions of things the movies could've done, but didn't.

Okay, I will be honest. Soundwave had a better role in DotM than he did in RotF. :p 

And again I point out (without the vast sarcasm that I did last time), that van mode would've been more appropriate...had they completely rewritten anything to do with Soundwave/Dylan/Carly. As the script stands now, no, a huge armored communications wouldn't have been more appropriate.

Or here, let my dear Split sum it up for me:

To quote yourself, Split: "Fuckin' A-class response, brother."

:lol  I just pictured Ironhide walking up to Carly's Mercedes and picking it up.

"Uh, Ironhide? What are you doing?"

"Humph. I'm...I'm not really sure. I just felt the overwhelming urge to pick your car up and carry it with us."

"Oh."

"Ratchet, load this up in my truck bed, will ya'? We'll take it back to base."

18. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

:lol 

that was funny as hell mate.