2D Artwork: Soundwave Attacks Ver 1.0- crit help

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by edf, Nov 7, 2012.

1. edf

edf Well-Known Member

Here is the deal- i need some crits on this piece I will be entering in a contest. Its been a few years since I worked with copics, and been that long since i really worked on anything really artsy. I did post the line arts prior, but I am working on the finished piece, and I always have a heck of a time getting feedback on my art- I have no clue why- I dont get angry!! I can take crits trust me, just dont be rude. But if anyone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

What I am concerned with is this:

1- the sky. I did it digiatally, does it fit in?

2- Ravage. Yeah, he is supposed to be dark- but is he too dark?

3- shadows- do they look believable?

4- composition- look ok?

I am not completly done with it- the ground has to be worked on some. I do have a very simplistic style, and going for more of a G1 look. Trust me- i wish i could draw them more realistically...LOL. I got til friday morning before I can print it out, so I can tweak stuff still.

If you dont mind helping, I would really be happy!

Attached Files:

2. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks good, but the colors on Ravage's front legs should be swapped (gray legs and black paws)

[​IMG]

3. edf

edf Well-Known Member

arg- ill have top recheck the cartoon. Its not uncommon for the cartoon to be wrong, but i could have been refing a bad still. dang it- that one will be hard to change...

4. edf

edf Well-Known Member

nope- it was my dumbo fault! thanks for leting me know tho- now, i have to recolor his leg in.

5. Boanerge

Boanerge Professional Lurker

just a couple quick nit-picks on your composition. The way it is now it looks like soundwave is trying to shoot laserbeak and rumble is trying to rumble ravage. If you could flip laserbeak and rumble so everyone is facing the same way it would look more like a united attack on some body off screen. Then for your next piece you could do an autobot picture with them facing all to the right and hang them on the wall to make one larger image!