Sound Off! Will Megan Fox's depature hurt or help Transformers 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kickback, May 22, 2010.

?

Will the loss of Megan Fox HURT or HELP Transformers 3?

1. Hurt

19.2%
  2. Help

27.4%
  3. Undecided

11.0%
  4. It will have no effect

42.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wonder if she is going to become the new "excuse".

Instead of stepping up to the plate to say we messed up with Revenge of the Fallen the film makers used the "excuse" of a writers strike to have something to blame for everything that didn't work in the film. Even factors that were not decided by the writers somehow got blamed on the writers strike.

So if things end up as another Revenge of the Fallen will the "excuse" be Fox leaving the franchise? If the box office doesn't run as high as the second film will they say they lost part of their star power instead the real problems?

2. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will be better.

...If they can find a replacement who can act.

3. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Maybe they can get someone who can actually act this time around. Its a step in the right direction anyway 2 things I would like to see is BB talking and for the love of god please let them talk in car mode.

4. starkiller80

starkiller80 I'm a Ghostbuster

I don't think it will matter... Megan Fox is hot. There are plenty of hot girls out there... Her character's purpose was to be the eye-candy; shouldn't be a hard role to fill.

Eye-candy with talent would be a step in the right direction though...

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    No effect on the movie.

6. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    No effect-o on movie-o.

7. laststopdmb41

laststopdmb41 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will hurt the movie...there are two scenario's that I am hoping for:

1. Her character, Mikela, is played by someone else and still has a roll in the film.

2. Her character, Mikela, is killed or died in events between ROTF and TF3.

I hope they don't just go into the third film without mentioning Mikela as she was a big part of the films.

8. pcosentino

pcosentino Active Member

No affect. Who cares? She’s not as hot as she was in the first one, she has a bad attitude and really what did she offer to the series? My vote to replace her are either Danneel Harris SUPER HOT with a bit of a bad girl edge if you want to stay with that same type of feel to the new character or Ashley Greene (thanks Lumpy). Ashley Greene would be a great Carly from the G1 series. No blonde hair but she has the looks, the good girl feel and can definitely play a intelligent character. Those are my feelings.

9. Polrayne

Polrayne Member

I think it will help - but not in the way you think. She stood up to Bay'a'rific's horrible directing style and publicly denounced it. Don't think she should have done that until she had as a secure of a run as Shia. Since he just got done, publicly and politely flaming STEVEN SPEILBERG and he's survived, I think they are setting a trend for actors to speak out about bad directors. Bay is horrible. He has a few chops now because of TF's finnacial success, however The Island was a miserable movie and critics were starting to sink him with the "unless he can blow stuff up every five seconds of his movie then they are a waste". If he would have bombed the first flick, than TF would have been dead and everyone would have said "well of course it sucked, Bay directed it."

Megan Fox stood up to him and hopefully it will help others like Shia to chime in with most likely the same thoughts and maybe, just maybe, Bay will get replaced with someone else. He made TF a top grossing movie franchise, which I thank him for. He also made me hate every single minute of something related to the TF universe, which is sad. The only, only thing that I like about any of those terrible movies is when Cullen talks. :p 

10. vectorplex

vectorplex Well-Known Member

i think it will hurt the film. i say that becuse of her roll, its to big of a change to just get rid of her

11. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

It won't make a difference at all,everything will have been worked out before the release of the movie. She is only one main fraction,out of many of main fractions in the movie. People talk,some of them talk like no one is going to do a damn thing about Fox not being in Transformers 3 anymore.

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Meh. Do not care.

13. tiger_king_3000

tiger_king_3000 New Member

It just doesn't matter.

Even though Megan Fox is beautiful, she can be replaced. The movie franchise never rested on just one character's shoulders. Maybe the new girl can bring some new life to the movies. Megan Fox is beautiful, but she lacked the emotional range in ROF, and wasn't too convincing.

14. hailgalvatron

hailgalvatron Chinese food !!!

i put hurt. she is hot, thats why she was there. she is not a good actress, but she is pure eye candy. I bought jennifers body (on bluray none the less) because of her make out scene, not because of her acting or because the movie was good(because none of that is true). The make out scene was soo ridiculously hot ,that i bought the dvd, watched it with 2 females, that made them hot and then it turned into a wild night. I am %100 telling the truth. megan fox changes your hormones/sex drives and thats why she was in transformers. thats why it hurts it. face it, your not going to get an actress with skill to do this movie, and thats why they hire crazy hot girls. The target audience has a lot to do with it, and it works.

15. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

good idea.

16. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I do think it's pretty funny when so many people say they didn't think she was all that good looking, yet she is most likely 1000x better looking than anyone they themselves ever would or could date.

Hilarious!!!

17. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it will have any effect. People go to these movies for the special effects, not for the cast. She'll probably get replaced by another hot looking actress that is at least on par with her acting abilities.

18. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

:lol  keep telling yourself that. i know that most of our fan base hates bay for his rendition of transformers, and that most of us would love to see him kicked off a cliff by optimus prime himself.

but, it aint ever gonna happen. bay has a very different style of directing, and even though it may cause tension between him and SOME people, like ms. fox, dose not mean thats how it is with everyone. professional actors learn how to adjust to the needs of their directors, and almost ALL of the cast of transformers is now used to his style, thus, things flow alot smoother than they would with a person like fox. i don't see anyone else in this cast complaining about bay's directing style. most of them are not in this job because they want to make a good transformers movie, most of them are in this job because of the money. so, it really wouldn't make much sense if they all worked to boot bay off of a film to get a better director. if they don't like how he directs, they wont protest against it to get someone new, they will just LEAVE the film.

and, IMO, i still think bay is the man to direct transformers. i, *and speaking for a big part of the fans out there*, don't want to see a movie that has a well thought out plot, has character development in useless human characters, and most of all, a movie that critics will eat up with good reviews.

no. I want to see a movie about giant alien robots beating the living piss out of each other. transformers has always been an action franchise, it doesn't NEED a plot to be successful. it doesn't NEED high appraisal by critics. the movies have proven that. and that is why bay was and still is the perfect man for the job.

19. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Especaily when they confused how much they "LOVED" each other in ROTF. I'm with the group who says it'll have no effect. She's hot but replaceable.

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think the thing that will hurt the movie the most, is spending the time introducing a new female lead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.