Sound off! What do you think of AOE's new bot designs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brenttoo, Jul 9, 2014.

?

How do you feel about Prime and Bee's new AOE designs?

1. I LOVE IT! It's a good change!

77 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. I'm neutral.

27 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. I HATE IT! Why couldn't they stay the same?

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They were badass.

If they can keep this level of variety, recognizability (which was never an issue for me but I know it was for some) and sleak, oraganic shape with that instant robotic quality but add a few more identifiable vehicle parts, I'll be happy. "Motifs" have over the years come to be a staple of TF design, so having everyone present a prominent style and motif worked in this film's favour immensely.

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I liked a lot of them. My only real complaint was drift and lock downs faces. Just wasn't a fan...also blinking eyes on Optimus just creeps me, always has.

3. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I like Optimus, Crosshairs, Lockdown, and any other character besides the main Autobots.

4. Natohk

Natohk Quintesson

I like them.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Why not "They were ok, I liked them, but still feel there is room to improve." and a "I didn't like them, but it didn't break the movie for me." set of options? Why don't people give better options in polls like this? There is steps between Love, Blah, and Hate on the emotional spectrum.

I would say I liked them, they looked more coherent and you could tell so much better what was going on in action scenes since they were more colorful.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I did not like Optimus. There has to be some truck in there.

7. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

Slug and Strafe. That's all I have to say.

8. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

[​IMG]

His head looks too alien-like. He's lost that odd cuteness he had in the other movies.

9. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

I don't like how there's barely any visible car parts. They do look awesome, but it would be the cherry on top if I could follow some of the car parts as they transform as I could with the first 3 movies.

These designs would be amazing for a Cybertronian form.
    Just my opinion though.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes, and this is why it wasn't very hard for me too accept Optimus when his first design was out.
    Bumblebee looks better than ever, and the new battle mask is finally him. (now if they could get him to speak..)

The other Autobots were ok, but I'm not a fan of the humanoid face designs. The artists over did it with Drift, that guy should've been killed in battle. However Hasbro was clever in making him more loved by giving him the triple changer modes.

Lockdown was gorgeous and his humanoid face was not too shocking, it was balanced well. If only there were wheels somewhere, or at least parts of it somewhere.

Trax was really good too, very reminiscent to Dinos design..ugh.

Galvatron was boring and better look way better in the next one, his face too I don't see Megatron in that.

EDIT:
    How could I forget the Dinobots, the knight theme in the designs were so nice. If only Grimlock helped Optimus in killing off Lockdown so we could've seen more of him.

My vote, Neutral.

11. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I don't really see it....Here are the two next to each other, for those curious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I was skeptical about Optimus prime new design because I LOVED the Peterbilt 379's design :p  But I've grown to like the one. The Western Star is rather sexy :p 
    Given that Prime is now a Knight, he didn't really look like a Knight in the first trilogy did he?

I'm absolutely fine with Bee's design, in fact he was in need of an upgrade because I was so sick of the same toy over and over again. I still and only have the 2007 deluxe BB figure :p  I'm not totally convinced by the concept version of the Camaro, the grill on the front is too narrow. It makes his lights smaller...

Drift, hmmm, like his robot mode, love his vehicle(s) mode(s). His face, I thought it would be worse but it's ok.

Crosshairs is fantastic, he looks like a right paratrooper. He also looks like he's got an attitude, which he does.

Hound, I thought I wouldn't mind it but in the film HE'S SO SLOW AND JIGGLY. Leadfoot should be the only fat one. Hound should have more muscle like Ironhide. I can tolerate it though. I think he's the first Transformer ever in the movieverse to EVER run out of ammo...

I LOVE Galvatron's design regardless of what anyone says. The Argosy looks tough and his robot mode looks scary.

13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Nice change!New but classic OP and Bee look.I love it

14. Exbein

Exbein Destron General

Love them. I think the designers and CG artist finally hit their stride with this one. The Transformers look better than ever.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence with Optimus and 'Bee since they're a huge departure from the movie style. The other Autobots are amazing. Aesthetically I'll have to say they're awesome but when it comes to designs that has to say Transformers I say that they fail just because you wouldn't think that they'd transform.

I will say that this is the next natural progression of the movie aesthetic though.

Ultimately I really like them especially since it breaks the mold further as to what makes Transformers designs.

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I guess I'm neutral because the original Optimus design is my favorite design ever, but the new Optimus is so badass I can't not like it.

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    The only real issue with Optimus and Bumblebee's designs are that it's only logical for Hasbro to make 'shell formers' I mean there's no visible way for a Western Star truck to transform into the look he's rocking now is there?

18. autobotzook

autobotzook Active Member

the evasion versions of optimus and bee were excellent in both alt and robot modes. Their updated modes....nope. No vehicle parts. Optimus looks like a knight, cool...I guess. I was under the impression he was the leader of a futuristic biomechanical highly weaponized elite group of soldiers? I guess I missed something there. Bee, looks like wilford brimley meets bio booster armor guyver. Lockdown was nasty! No car parts either. Everybody else was ok except for the ksi drone transformations

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I have to throw in with the needs more car parts crowd. I really wanted to see Crosshairs transform just to see how things came together since he looks nothing like a car.

20. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

I love'em all except for Lockdown. Lockdown didn't need a goofy looking face. He looks better with the helmet covering his face.