Sound off! What do you think of AOE's new bot designs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brenttoo, Jul 9, 2014.

?

How do you feel about Prime and Bee's new AOE designs?

1. I LOVE IT! It's a good change!

77 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. I'm neutral.

27 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. I HATE IT! Why couldn't they stay the same?

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Brenttoo

Brenttoo Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely curious how people feel about the radical change they made to Optimus and Bumblebee in the film. There were plenty of new robots introduced, but being the most famous and most recognizable, Prime and Bee's new looks should spark the biggest debate.

So how did you respond to their new looks, as well as how they were written in to the story?

2. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Love 'em.

3. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I like them.

I liked the old ones.

Both are good, to me.

4. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was skeptical but they looked really good on screen. But I still want more vehicle parts.

5. grimlocknobozo

grimlocknobozo Combaticon

I think they're really good. Prime's new design makes him look much more like a leader in my opinion.

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Both are good. Like both designs for each. And it makes sense for a race of shapeshifting robots to change their body designs often.

7. Combaticon711

Combaticon711 SPARTAN-II

Don't like either of them. Their 'old' new forms look nice, though.

8. Brenttoo

You mean their evasion modes?

9. Brenttoo

Personally, I wasn't crazy about them. I don't hate them, but I felt their designs from the first trilogy better displayed the essences of their characters. Plus, they were kind of clumsily shoe-horned in.

Optimus scans new truck to hide; keeps old robot mode. Scans new truck again; robot mode completely changes.

Bumblebee gets royally pissed at human-built robot meant to insult him; so naturally, he copies it.

10. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I have mixed feeling about them. For example, in regard to Optimus, there are practically no visible vehicle parts on his robot mode, which makes him look like a generic, non-transforming robot. However, I do like that his new robot mode has a thicker/ more solid build; he looks sturdier. In his older robot modes, there were exposed wires, and his joints and limbs looked very thin and fragile.

11. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

Love em. Crosshairs especially!

12. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Neutral.

I like faces with more human elements, but still very alien looking. For me, Sideswipe had the perfect balance of Transformer/human facial features.

13. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the fact that they're much more solidly built looking back at old Optimus he just looked like car parts over a gangely skeleton of a bot and here it's all cohesive like a real body and much more like a metal human than a straight up robot which I personally do like. The main problem I see is that there are no car parts but I think it's a nice trade off in the film itself definitely does not translate well to toys which sucks a lot but I have more to like than to hate about the design and about the disigns of the bots overall I love the more human look to them down to the less cluttered faces that's a huge plus in my books

14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

They look much better.

They're not the robots I'd like to see, but they work in and of themselves.

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Don't like them.

They look like generic robots with absolutely no kibble. That little bit of kibble here and there makes them look like they actually change into something and that is a Transformer. These new designs look like a guy wearing armor, they are entirely too human looking.

Don't like them.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  16. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Temp Banned

I like them, but I miss the "junkyard" look, with all the visible car parts.

One thing I don't like is Bee's new head without his facemask. It looks creepy.

[​IMG]

17. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

I really dislike Optimus and Bee's new designs, Optimus looks so... sinister, looks more like a movieverse Nemesis Prime, and Bee's design isn't too bad with me except for his head, I really hate what they did with it. Not to mention he's basically a copy of Stinger, who was a copy of him.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like the sleeker look. Just needs a little more car parts showing in the bot modes but I think they are going in the right direction with the designs.

19. Bangman009

Bangman009 Aka: BIO-TET

News Credits:
    No

They're way too "organic";
    I suppose being an living entity can't be as G1 kind of boxed limbs, but I think the first designs had a good balance between keeping some parts of G1 look like classic car parts, but keeping in mind that a living thing has to have actually flexible parts and curves to endure weight and strenght of their bodies, but for example Transformers Prime took a good initiative of the designers and engineering models, FE Bulkhead took a complete advantage of the whole volume of the car, evolving to an accurate CGI look, virtually no kibble and good articulation; Perfect.

If it was dififcult for the designers to accomplish more or less the original CGI designs, so difficult that Bumblebee had 4 molds and trials (A side from marketing) to find a chest piece like Battle Blades that remain for the next molds, (Even AoE) a wheel in the ankles like Nitro Bee and a complete leader class Op of the first movie to reach ROTF Prime, imagine that work for this, where the rear wheels of the Western truck of Optimus just disappear, no chest windows and a single recognizable hood part (Just the exhaust thing) and not even doors; this = SHELLFORMERS, just doesn´t work for me.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  20. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I don't see how Bee looks creepy. Anyone care to enlighten?