SOTA's Street Fighter

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    I get all the ones I can get my hands on, I am getting extra justoys ones as it's possible to rearrange the parts and make Lazy bastard customs

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what you mean but I'm not really into articulation...the bare minimum I can tolerate is DC Direct's figures...

Word of warning about Feilong...the paint job can be quite bad but there a some well painted ones too...the joints can be loose too but nothing a dab of nail polish and super glue can't solve! :D 

But all-in-all, Feilong is my all time fave figure...we asians don't have much cartoon, movie heros we can look up too! LOL!

3. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Are there any serious issues with the Ibuki figure?

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I haven't opened mine yet so I can't tell but the main complaint about her is the scale. Fanboys are complaining that she's as tall as Ryu and the rest of the guys when she's way shorter in the game - SFIII. Other than that, she ok.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

QFT!

I plan to get at least 2 variants of Fei Long plus his normal version. I may get all his variants eventually... he rocks that much imo.

This is posted on Sota's website:

SERIES 5
    DUE FOR RELEASE: July 2006

Series 5 will consist of Zangief, Rolento, Juni/Juli, Dee Jay and Guy. IMAGES COMING SOON!

Looks like another good series to get. Zangief, Guy, and Juni/Juli are must get for me.

Edit: Just realized I got Juni/Juli mixed up with Yin/Yang. Oh well I still plan to get them all.

6. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    As much as I love SF and ML's, I just couldn't get into this line. I got series 1 and sold them shortly after. The sculpts were great for a few figures (Sagat, Bison), but mediocre for most others (tiny head Ryu). And the flat paint jobs just didn't do it for me. I still have the SDCC Evil Ryu and Bison set, but I picked Ryu up to move him about a month ago and he literally fell apart, didn't make any sense. I prefer MLs and DCD.

I am however looking forward to SOTA's Darkstalkers figures, if they ever come out that is.

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Hmm... I'm not sure who I'd want to get from Round 5. I like nearly every character enough to play them every so often, but not enough to buy them. I'll just have to wait for pictures, maybe.

February 2007 according to BBTS. Does anyone know why they're coming out so late? And I remember SOTA said ages ago that SF Round 3 (or was it 4?) was supposed to have Dimitri as a preview of the Darkstalkers line, which obviously didn't happen. Does anyone know the reason for that change in plans?

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

In case you don't know there's a Sota exclusive purple Shin Akuma available on their website only. There's also a black Shin Akuma that they'll stock in a few weeks (according to their rep).

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    SOTA did have problems in the past with the QC of the toys that's why they're changing factories but the subsequent waves have been mostly QC problems free. The most problematic wave was "Round 1" where many have reported broken limbs etc. But then again I have no problems with mine...heck, I even had them chucked into a box and they're still fine! ;) 

I do take my time when it come to chooseing my SF figures, look out especially for paint-jobs. I collect ML and DC Direct action figures too and I find SOTA's have the best balance, IMO.

Below is my overall opinion.

1. ML - cheap, paint-job not so good, so-so plastics used, good articulation but may be too multi-jointed taht it ruins the look of the toy.

2. SOTA - moderately price, paint-job average, higher grade of plastics used, decent articulation and not too multi-jointed.

3. DCD Direct - same as SOTA but can be more expensive.

I know SOTA has its critics, especially in Round 4 but IMO, they have the best balance so far.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    I have to get those as well, and Zangief is a must!

11. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

here are pics of the figs I have from the current series. I may post collection pic on saturday.

Fei long is a great figure but the left hands wont stay in tight on mine. :mad 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Great pictures dude! The paint job on your Akuma and Feilong looks good! Did you get the black-pants Feilong?