Sorting out your collection display

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sportimus, Nov 8, 2017.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Do you.

2. Quirinus

Quirinus Member

I have my collection based on where the characters are in the current IDW comics with a few exceptions. It helps that I'm generally only seeking out 1 version of most characters, except a couple of favorites. So, yes, there's some inconsistent styles (MP Ratchet is a little out of place on my Rod Squad shelf, next to Calidus and Turben) but like it was said - whatever floats your boat.

3. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

See cool robot...put cool robot on shelf...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_20171106_192604.jpg

I just pose them as if they're fighting. The differences in style don't really bother me.

• Like Like x 6
  5. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I try to keep my display organized but my indiscriminate love of Masterpiece and small apartment mean it's getting a bit full. I even had to widen the top awhile ago.

The top shelf is for S1-2 characters, but biased towards Toy accuracy where possible. I'm dying for a purple nosecone Hasbro Skywarp so I can move TT SW to the Toon shelf below. And a black faceplate Tracks.

Second shelf is all Toon, with the Japanese Toon/Manga only characters to the right.

Shelf 3 is Diaclone, redecos both explicable and inexplicable, and an Apollyon awaiting an appropriate black suited arachnid-fellow to throw down with. Shelves 4-5 are pretty much overflow, MP-3 style Jets, MPM's, older MP's and extra Seekers. And Jetfire's. Once MP-12+ and MP-39 arrive the bottom four shelves will be getting rearranged.

As soon as I move to a larger place next year I'll be retiring this shelf and ideally spreading the display over twice the area, with Diaclones, MP-3 Jets, MP-10 redecos, MPM's and older MP's all in their own spots.

[​IMG]Masterpiece Collection and Jetfire too by DesertDog76, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  6. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry - this photo seems to confuse most folks so I should put a disclaimer whenever I repost. The seekers are the Robot Hero oversized KOs. The quality is amazing, the size works better for my sense of proportions (they're F-15s FFS!) and they made me fall in love with the MP-03/11 mould all over again. All I need is for Robot Hero to get around to the coneheads and I'll be done with seekers.

7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I have a room with shelves with one side Autobots and the other side Decepticons. I group them together loosely by seasons and the extra lower shelves end up being my "Another rendition of that character" shelves.

There is a lot of other sci-fi stuff on the wings of all that but that's another story.