Sorry but I must be picky. Need actual MP 3rd party not satisfied.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 18inchcombiner, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Da fuq?

2. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I can totally understand not being 100% familiar with a language and trying to communicate. I live in an area of FL where Spanish speakers have a majority and despite my girlfriend speaking decent Spanish and myself being half French communication can be hard sometimes at the local shops we like.

I don't know if you're a native English speaker or not but many of your posts in this thread have been difficult to understand. This is coming from someone who started reading Jack London in 2nd grade and has been a prolific reader my whole life. That's totally okay though. Communication can be difficult but to call others illiterate for not understanding you is kind of… well self centered and ignorant.

Instead of lashing out in anger maybe try to explain yourself again for us that didn't get it the first time… or respond to people like me who guess at what you meant but are unsure if we got it right.

• Like Like x 4
  3. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Sorry, no real g1 cartoon accurate toy I meant.

4. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Like others have asked: What?!?

Then you reacted poorly when several responded earnestly that your post makes no sense.

Is English a second or third language for you? If so, it's partly excusable, and I apologize for any offense.

Otherwise, YOU try to make sense of these sentences:
    • "So ask me any other characters already made?"
    • "Not picky about MP-10 height & look how many options with oversized KO's."
    "What?!", indeed. It's all word salad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    fans Toys sort of teased a Devastator, well, it is a shadow of it with their Omega Supreme, so they may eventually do a proper MP Devastator.

6. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not coming off as anything. Just want to talk anything about Transformers & the characters made available in the MP category. Not hard to understand. Disparaging remarks or childish insuts usually come from intolerant people who can't take critism or ignorant to the facts that others express their own opinion that might conflict with theirs. It's ok to step out of your bubble, uncomfort zone & see your favorite toy might have not be as perfect as you thought or that something else better might come along if you aren't fully content with it. But some characters haven't come along at all. So it is a great time for collectors with the suspense of the next upcoming G1 characters & anticipation is part of the fun.

7. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I thought "Plastic Crack" was a metaphor.
    Now, I'm frightened that people are smoking or injecting ABS or polystyrene.
    Just say "no", Kids.

• Like Like x 9
  8. SleezyB

SleezyB Well-Known Member

This thread made me feel way more drunk than I thought I was.. glad I'm not the only one who couldn't follow this shit

• Like Like x 5
  9. robh

robh Decepticon

yay for ignore. I thought this guy went away, and I'm sad that he has returned. In ever understood his posts, and contrary to his opinion, I'm actually pretty literate...

• Like Like x 3
  10. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    What are you babbling about? This is a transformers toy website not a grammer meet. Somebody might of had a long day smoked some pot to be lectured by stiff heads. Put the pieces together it's not hard. Yes I may of rushed my post with run on sentences but it's about getting my meaning. I meant: People are pretty happy with MP-10 & even that had other options scale wise with the oversized KO's. NUFF Said. Just tried to be clear using examples, not word salad at all.

11. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I watch Woftas reviews all the time and I think I'm starting to recognize a lot of words. I love the guys enthusiasm

• Like Like x 1
  12. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

For OP- I wish the humans that were made to go with MPs were scaled correctly. And scaled to be displayed alonside their bot modes. I prefer all bot modes to be in scale because I know it's impossible to scale the vehicles without sacrificing bot mode.

13. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Yeah that's *really* not your wheelhouse.

• Like Like x 9
  14. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

Grammar is one thing. But simple communication is another and you're just not doing it well. Run on sentences are not the problem. I have read Naked Lunch and it's literally a single run on sentence for an entire novel and I was able to understand it just fine. You aren't managing to communicate to anyone. I tried, really I did. You didn't even respond to anything I said in attempting to answer your very difficultly worded sentences.

… is not "NUFF Said." That sentence doesn't convey anything. Are you saying you don't like anything scaled with MP-10? Are you saying that you don't like that other people scale everything off MP-10? That you don't like that other's enjoy toys scaled to MP-10? At best it's confusing and at worst it's meaningless gibberish.

Again if English isn't your first language that's totally okay. Just learn some humility about it and try to get better instead of attacking anyone who doesn't understand you. Hell the same goes if English is your first language. If many people have difficulty understanding you maybe you need to take more time to write your replies or spend some time learning how to express yourself better through the written word.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnimeColossus

AnimeColossus Buyer of Expensive Figures

To quote one of my favorite youtubers.

"Can you even imagine if people walked down the street just talking like this, you go into the baker and your like "Hi! Bread money please on the table for me on a Wednesday!" It's like everyone would be these fucking maniacs. There's probably some alien planet out there somewhere and that's how they communicate."

Congrats if you know who this is!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a Transformers forum, the purpose is to xommunicate with other fans. No, it's not a "grammar meet", but there is a certain social expectation to communicate "properly". If you're not going to make any effort to do so, you can't expect people to be able to engage and converse with you.

• Like Like x 5
  17. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:

Understanding basic sentences is not in yours. You aren't perfect just like you none of these toys are either. So please talk about something Transformers related otherwise I will report you for being off-topic & disruptive.

18. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, this might be a fun night.

• Like Like x 4
  19. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Haha. I love the new TOY smell like if it was crack.

20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    LOL, your typo is grand. But at least it was a typo and not some error in judgment.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.