Sorry but I must be picky. Need actual MP 3rd party not satisfied.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 18inchcombiner, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not picky about MP-10 height & look how many options with oversized KO's.
    The key word here is OPTIONS.

The CW Titan Devs is too short but it has great chest proportion girth & a almost decent stand in but I had to sell it.

The Toy World Constructor: Better scale than CW Titans Devs but worse proportions.
    I need actual MP scale combiners with the proportions exact & the quality sturdiness no QC issues.

If I pay that much money for something I need to know it won't break & at least CW Devs has pegs for areas that will pop out but you can easily pop them back in.
    So as close we are close but no cigar. A actually MASTERPIECE COMBINER has to be at least 18 inches tall hopefully 20+ without INCLUDING the head.
    The HEAD should be 3+ inches tall at least depending on the character (7 combiners appeared in G1 US).
    For a total of 22-23" tall same size or 5 mm smaller than FT-20 Terminus Giganticus (OMEGA) that has MP-10 Optimus Prime at his knee joint which I like.

So name a 3rd Party or even Takara (MP toy) already made?
    Example: I think 3P's have taken over the Dinobots in MP scale (Takara is backing off which makes the point TT/Hasbro drop the ball sometimes). Gigapower especially is very satisfying as the MP of my collection. So ask me any other characters already made?

Also name characters you'd like to see made (G1 cartoon appearance or g1 toy catalog characters ONLY please & I'll give you a description how I think they would be Masterpiece acceptable).

It's cool to be picky bc this is your hard earned money & don't be suckered in to a figure till you feel it's exactly what you want.

P.S If you just buy anything/everything & have the money not to care. That's awesome for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Que?

• Like Like x 2
  3. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

Que?²

• Like Like x 2
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I am reading English, but at the same time it's gibberish. I mean Wotafa speaking Japanese makes more sense and I don't speak Japanese.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:

6. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Wtf did I just tried to read?!?!

• Like Like x 6
  7. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I tried reading it again and the best I can come up with is that the OP is asking if there's a pre-existing combiner that's 18"+ inches tall and has the same proportions as CW Devy. I don't think that exists if that helps the OP. At least till the next two TW combiners or 2020 or wherever FT makes their Devy.

But it's all but assured I didn't actually understand anything the OP said. The post reads like email spam poetry.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

.... ... :confused2 

• Like Like x 2
  9. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    I need literate people please who understand basic English.

10. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    It's called actually caring about what you want to purchase. Not just throwing your money at anything.

11. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I think I get what you mean. I was just thinking I could buy something because we're finally doing okay financially (last two years kinda sucked). Anyway I mostly just wanted to buy it to see it in hand and I could do that but it seems kinda stupid to throw money away like that, especially if I know I'm really bad about re-selling.

12. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    It's just about the current state of the toy industry. Which I am not complaining about. Certain toys I am. Like Combiners in MP scale. Fan Toys has surprised us with a OMEGA SUPREME that can close the book on that character for me unless someone else comes along & proves it can be done better. Daca Toys Kronos for a while & glad I sold him making quadruple my money bc Fan Toys is providing a nuanced version of Skyfire.

13. 38RPM

38RPM Well-Known Member

That kind of size you want is unwieldy and hard to justify economically (fewer potential customers) because not everybody will be able to afford it or even have the space to display or play with it. You basically want a combiner the size of Fort Max and this thing occupies my entire kitchen table. Takara would never even make this on their own. Only the economic offset of Hasbro making hundreds of thousands of these to sell in every city in America means they can economically produce them.

24 inches tall, 3 inch head, etc. but there's really no way I can easily play or display with him.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Galvatron & Megatron MP scales are a perfect example of not being satisfied. This is not just about scale but LOOK & QUality also.
    Megs alone: We have 3 of them in MP good scale. But like the DX9 Mightron HEAD the best by far. Make Toys Despotron Body & the Xtransbots Apollyon gun options etc.
    Hopefully TT version can combine the 3 into 1 MP Megatron LOL.

15. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

tmp_23174-batman-the-killing-joke-1445441361.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Nice & a good smaller version to have & the proportions are exactly what I like. But Fan Toys Omega Supreme is going to be the same height. So I NEED my city BOTS (all 4 of them) to be 3 feet tall or 36-40 inches tall so the MP cars can fit in them even the bigger Headmaster cars in City mode (20 inches tall with 3 feet width).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  17. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Actually read before posting! No illiterate TROLLS please.

18. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I love 18inchcombiner threads. Dude's particular brand of autism makes these always entertaining.

• Like Like x 8
  19. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

You can basically wait for about a few years for the right proportions and design, and just the overall g1 nostlagia, okay, I'm goin to use season 2 combiners for example.

Bruticus is amazing, but warbotron's take makes it much better with just making everthing from chainsaws and noises to making bruticus

Superion has no real g1 cartoon accurate toy, tfc's and unite warriors are just meant for chug collectors who have been waiting to crush titans return wheelie with the right scale.
    if you're looking at more of a real world alt mode for superion, I think toyworld has hinted at them, so can be the same for bruticus as they plan on doing that

Menasor has a fansproject and a unite warriors toy, but are wayyyy to small for anything, transform mission ia making a perfect idw comic menasor which doesn't look anythin to g1, but are mp scaled.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  20. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    People can complain about the oversaturation of a character in Masterpiece scale. But I embrace it because at least one of them will be for you or eventually 1 or all will.
    Using another example: SHOCKWAVE in MP scale: FT QUACKWAVE is the one & TT even tried their hand but failed to do it as good in my opinion than the 3p's.
    Here is a picture of what would a Human size look next to a giant robot like SHockwave who is near 20 feet tall according to TFwiki.

Off Topic I put a X-Men Juggernaut, who is no ordinary human but a mutant same size as the HULK (10 feet or so) & smaller mini-figure that fits with the tiny MP Human figurines & don't know what looks better.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.