Soooooo back to the old grind.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So who else went back to school or work today and how do you feel about it? Did you spend your summer well or did you have a crappy one? Do you love going back to school or work or hate it?

Today was the first day of my senoir year of high school and even though i love the summer and wish it never ended (espicially since i spent most of it on skype i wish i had done more too) I'm glad to be back seeing all the people i somewhat like at my school.

So how's your first day or if you've been back to the old grind before today how's it been so far?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I spent all of three hours this morning getting sleep because I had to work on a stupid paper I'd forgotten about that was due at 10. Didn't help that the internet fought me the whole way because it refused to register my login information.

Then I rediscovered the cashe of candy I had stored in the freezer in my dorm room and the temperature around campus has actually not made me drink five times my weight in water yet.

It was a good day today.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I'm going back to school on Thursday. Mixed feelings. I like school sometimes, and I generally like the atmosphere there, but changing my Summer Holiday routine back to school morning rush routine is such a pain! :lol 

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I went back to school 3 weeks ago :( 

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm already back in school from the final year.

6. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

If your working, chances are you did not take the summer off. I remember how shocked I was when I realized that.
    At least I was able to take three weeks off from work in August, but that was to go to school, so I could learn to take greater responsibility at work lol.

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I started grade ten today in a new school. So far, so good.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Just started the 9th grade. So far I loved it and my only problems are double English (at least the teachers good so um yeah), a study hall (it's not too bad, it just looks bad on a report card) and the fact that my history class has like 3 smart people including me.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Shoot, I started school three weeks ago. It did break up the monotony of summer, though.

10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Ugh, you all make me feel so old. :) 

For me, it's back to the grind of getting my kids off to school each morning and getting homework, etc done each evening. They just entered grades 7 and 4.

As for work, it never really lets up. Took a couple vacation days here and there over the summer, but nothing substantial. However, summer is a quieter time at work and now things are gearing up full force, so back to that grind too.

Whee?

11. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Started tenth grade on the 18th of August. Loving it so far, but I keep phasing out in Spanish. (Not to say that we do much, my teacher loves to drone on about how much worse eleventh grade will be and how I'm the most focused student in class.)

12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started 12th grade today. It's not bad, but I am a bit worried about the bad reputation and extremely high standards of my AP Euro History teacher, as well as the reputation my AP English teacher has for being a really tough grader.

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Ugh.I hate it when my kids go back to school because that means I'm going to have to help them with their homework.

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm old!

15. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Went back to school last week for my Senior Year. My classes are pretty chill. Two Drama classes in the morning, then PE, then Creative Writing, then Anatomy, and then PreCalc.
    Everything is pretty goddamned easy. I'm loving Drama and Creative Writing, especially.

16. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    For some reason I pictured you as a twenty something. 0.o

Anyway, started my 10th grade year in August. Band's not as painful as last year. More acclimated to it.
    Getting back into the grind of driving myself to school. Last year, I had to leaver around 6:30 to be @ school @ 7.
    My ride had a Music theory Class. Now I can wake up @ 6:00. Feels good to sleep in.

So yeah. I've got 2 AP classes and the rest are Honors (we only get some many AP courses offered). So homework load is heavy already. Phew.

Still need to make time for Photography. I'm hoping once I get my 70-200, I can get some work from the local paper. Maybe the school.

The people in my school are handed DSLR's and have no clue. One guy tried to take my picture, but kept on turning off the cam because he thought it was the zoom toggle. *sigh*.

17. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Starting college tomorrow. Doing one year at a community college then transferring somewhere else. Not sure though :/

Taking all art classes this semester and 1 english. Pretty awesome especially that my art classes are 3-4 hours long! :D 

18. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

I hate mondays

19. Wheelie

Wheelie Riding on Grimlock!

I hate any day that ends in "y"… :( 

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Me? Twenty-something, with my level of maturity? I wouldn't last a week, lest I forget how to eat.

And that DSLR story is depressing. Your school has my unending pity.