Soon-to-be New PS3 Owner with a few questions...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Opticron Primal, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Dun worry about Ratchet and Clank. I've been a fan of the games since the first one, Going Commando, Up your Arsenal, etc.

Sadly, every place I went to was either too full of people to try, had none or only had the Tekken 6 version, which I don't want. I'm gonna try again next weekend.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

im guessing your going to do online multiplayer too. I ask cause from what i've read, some game's single player mode is nothing compared to the multiplayer mode (would be nice if they give the games a single player score and a multiplayer score).

and if you dont have a HDTV, you still can go with component cables, which i dont think it comes with the PS3 either.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also Primal, I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but if you are going online with Uncharted 2, the PS blutooth headset is very nice. A bit pricey but it works well, but from what I've seen, most blutooth heads sets will work just fine.

4. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Yep, was just looking at them. I'll have enough for the blutooth if I search again next weekend, but I'm not sure. I'll be happy with a regular usb headset. Plus it's cheaper.

I dunno...

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Primal, try the demos to Motorstorm and Motorstorm Pacific rift. You'll either hate it, like my cousin, or love it. It's chaotic and looks beautiful, but it's chaotic enough that it's not for everyone. They both game demos on PSN.

6. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Ah, I remember trying motorstorm a good year and a half or so ago. Hilarious.

On the note of still trying to find a PS3, I'm surprised at how hard it is to find. The one thing I hate about buying a new console is that no store has it when I want it.

I'm just glad it's not like a brand new, just-released console. I'll try to get it Saturday. If I don't find it then, I'll be floored.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I just got a 250GB PS3 console on Thursday at my local Best Buy. They had like 10 of them at the time. I went back there yesterday for a longer ethernet cable, cruised down the PS3 aisle, and they had exactly ZERO.:confused: 

So I know exactly what you're talking about, man. You'll find one soon enough though.
    The PS3 certainly seemed to sell well this year, but they're just expensive enough that they will be restocked soon, if not already. Good luck, man. You'll love it!