Sony news from GDC 2006

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gigatron_2005, Mar 22, 2006.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Well I haven't said anything about it so far because I'm just not sure what to think. On the one hand, it definitely sounds like a good thing, but on the other (and I'm not the first to voice this) it completely doesn't fit with SCE's "personality". It's like "okay, what's the catch?" I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, now i'm cautiously excited.

***Prays for new Wipeout game***

Yup. BB rollout in this country is lauhgable. I live six blocks from a phone exchange in the Dublin suburbs and they told me i couldn't have it. Only way they backed down was when i sicked commreg on them.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Sounds kinda nice, but that "unlimited draw distance" thing was funny. It doesn't matter how good it is, nothing can do an unlimited amount of anything. lol

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So they're going to basically offer the same thing Revolution is offering (downloadable past games), you have a wireless connection from your PSP to your PS3, you have region-free meaning you can import at will, and yet people are more excited about playing BONK on their Revolution?

Make mine PS3!

5. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    My sentiments exactly.

And, as happy as I am about region-free Blu-Rays...I'm thrilled that Sony's adopted the XBOX LIVE approach to multiplayer. People I've talked to were worried they'd screw up the online play again, but now it looks like that's not going to happen.

Many thanks to Microsoft for showing Sony the right way to do online consoles. :thumb 

6. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Totally agree about the rollout, but its not even that, I know lads that don't even have computers, and have no interest, they are what they call the casual gamer. Shame really, I did enjoy being the all knowing one about games :rock 

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

But but but, it's frikkin BONK!

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Thing is, Kickback, we already know Sony lies to us. Anyone knows that unlimited draw distance is impossible. They've pretty much just proven that their "real" game previews from the last show were fake. When a company is constantly blowing smoke, it's hard to get excited about promises, even when they do sound good. I think it really says something that people would be more excited about learning that they can play Bonk's Adventure. The way the industry's been run for about the last ten years has been less than stellar for al ot of us, and more and more people are looking back to better times. And besides that, if Nintendo and Hudson say we're getting TG16 games, at least we know that's one tiny scrap of info we can definitely trust.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

... come on Twighlight Princess!

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars