Sonicron - Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My friend has this piece & the quality of Sonicron figure suck big time.

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Ugh, I hate that mold. I go with WfC Soundwave, going to pick up a Thugger or two from Shapeways.

... that said, G1 Soundwave really is one of the few G1 figures to come close to holding up so honestly I'm not as excited about Sonicron as I could be. Also I really don't care for his head (both the size and design). I love the alt-mode, though. But if I'm going for a SW that can fit cassettes, I'm fine sticking with the original, and if I'm looking for an updated version then I'd go ML or WfC. I appreciate that this is a good middle ground for the two different needs, but... I don't care for how well it's executed.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
  4. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This! I did the same with mine. Horrible mess IMHO

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Poorly assembled POS imo. Can barely stay together in alt mode, very floppy in robot mode.

6. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'd passed. He doesn't look good in pictures or in person.

I used to have Music Label Soundwave as my stand-in for Classics Soundwave but got rid of him. He's a little on the small side and no interaction with his cassette minions made him an easy sell. For now, I'm content with using my G1 Soundwave with MaidenJapan head upgrade for my Classics display.

I'm also eagerly awaiting FansToys G1 Soundwave. He's pretty much the reason why I sold my ML Soundwave, so I could fund that purchase.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

big nah. i picked up a black music label soundwave for $41 off ebay

9. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Timesynch and Fanimus Maximus....You guys have just closed the case on this one. I'm laughin my ass off at "send it to the trash bin where it belongs" and the super huge NAY pic!! I love it, the guy who posted a pic almost had me, but the overall sounds wack on this one.
    I actually think my Screamer is whats out of scale unfortunately. Man I love that GalaxyForce mold, but the thing is he's just too much bigger than WFC Megs an SW.
    I also realize that Ravage an WFC SW look really cool together, and since I already stated I dont use them for play these days (man I miss them days) , why would it matter if G1 cassettes can fit? Aside from havin one in there, I'm gettin sidetracked on that though. G1 is G1, the new stuff doesnt have to mimmick or be the same, Im tryin to drill that into my skull. So if I want the whole G1 wave thing, I should fiddle with that.
    But since its all about the new stuff these days, yea that WFC kinda earned his spot in my eyes/room.
    All the Insecticons an seekers look good with WFC Megs as the leader, I never had the classics. He's smaller than Classics Prime though, thats the only thing. Not a huge deal, again, Id say maybe War Within Prime would be best scale wise.
    That said, what do you think about Exgravers size, I think its awesome that he's so beefy. But is it plausible that the Constructicons are larger than Megatron? I think it makes sense, since Springer (warbot) is bigger than him, but Hot Rod is smaller (than WFC Megs)
    Question Decided: Tamp Dawg's official vote: NAY. (Saves the 44 for Heavy Labor)
    Thanks for the input!

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I gotta' admit, I haven't een been here a YEAR, but Sonicron was the only time on here I'd seen a review posted and it was just page after page of, "Wow, that thing's a piece of shit.".

I actually remember feeling bad it got panned so hard.

11. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I ended up gettin those PE-11 reflectors.....they came in today.
    They are awesome! Dude, they are bigger than I thought, and they have so much detail, durability, guns, the cool little feet like Hounds.
    And HeavyLabor.... Dude!!!!!!!! I literally felt that little kid jolt of happiness as I pulled it from the bubble wrap. The paint aps, his sheer bulkiness, the head looks evil as it should, the box art is great, just the whole package as far as "moneys worth". Four more to go....
    I'm not making any purchases till Dr. Crank comes out.
    Is that the next one? Hopefully thats soon, I have the money set aside already, its all in saved change!