Songs for your favorite Transformers series\comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DerVernichter, Jan 21, 2013.

1. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I'm terribly sorry if there's already a similar thread somewhere within the dephts of this fine forum, but I though this could be a fun topic to explore. Are there any particular songs that you think fit certain story arcs, series, or comic issues of our beoved franchise? Care to share them with your fellow Transformaniacs?

Me, I've recently discovered a terrific band called Rishloo who managed to craft not one, but two songs that could a perfect auditory companion to IDW's two magnificient current ongoing titles.

For Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye, Downill seems to be a great choice:

Downhill - Rishloo (Feathergun) - YouTube

As for Robots In Disguise, I recon Diamond Eyes could be worthy backing track:

Rishloo - Diamond Eyes [SUB] - YouTube

Finally, for ome reason I think dance of The Dope Hats'd sound good as an opening for a new cartoon series:

Dance of the Dope Hats - Marilyn Manson w/lyrics - YouTube

I'm not quite sure about my reasons behind this one: maybe it's because of the "ptew ptew" sound effects, maybe becasue I was rediscovering Transformers during my Marilyn Mansone phase as a teen, but somehow it feels right... in a very wrong way :crazy: 

So, what do you think? And, more importantly, what are your choices of music? Have fun!

2. DerVernichter

I am become bump.

3. DerVernichter

Bump, anyone? It's still nice warm and fresh... sorta.

4. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

they get a good of hate here but the fact that Burn It Down by Linkin Park NOT being the theme song to Fall of Cybertron baffles me....Linkin Park Burn It Down(Living Things) - YouTube(hell it even LOOKS LIKE they're on barren Cybertron in the video!!)

Tool JAMBI (10,000 Day) - YouTube is the damn theme score to Megatron Origin's last chapter when he takes on Sentinel Prime. After a long brutal fight, in which almost dies but defeats Sentinel. At 3:56 is where music highlights Megatron, standing over a broken and beaten Sentinel Prime, shouts "TRANSFORM AND RISE UP!!" and the Seekers launch an air strike against Iacon and the Decepticons mauls down the remaining Cybertronian force:cool: :cool: 

Outlaw Torn by Symphony and Metallica - YouTube at the first part would go perfect for the first Gestault warrior forming

Out of Exile by Audioslave - YouTube - c'mon now you all know damn well who's entrance that has to be for!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think any of the Soul Eater/Fullmetal Alchemist opening should have been the Japanese opening for Prime.

6. DerVernichter

Yay, a comment!!! Thanks! I'm particularly fond of your second and fourth choices. I love Tool and Tom Morello! But... whose entrace Out of Exile might be?? Um... Fort Max? Shockwave? Grimlock? IDW Wheelie? Please help me out, dude! :eek: 

@Autovolt 127: I do like the opening and ending to Soul Eater. Nice!

7. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    Whenever I think of any epic transformer battle, I hear Guns and Rose's Civil War playing in the background. It just fits.

8. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

:confused: Really...?
    [​IMG]

9. DerVernichter

@trence: Oh, uh, okay, sorry! Duh! Sometimes it's the most obvious answer that pops in last in your head, especially if you're writing in the wee hourse like I did... again, awesome song picks!