some news from CybertronCon China and fans party

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by S250, Aug 1, 2010.

1. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I knew that the smaller robot had never looked like the larger
    one. I just thought that in Japan a HM was just one being with a single intelligence, rather than a merging of two like they were in the US.

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should start your own group and take care of that need. :thumb 

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

To be more precise, they were Autobots who fled the great war and found refuge on planet master. They had to create the transectors ( the larger robot forms) to survive master's harsh environment. As for these almost waste of plastic, its kinda super redundant. The head of Optimus Prime that turns into a truck, turns into a mini version of Optimus Prime...... that turns into a truck.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Probably not enough out there for people to take interest. With only 4 Brainmaster figures and none of them were available in North American and most countries that had Transformers (outside of Japan, which had all 4, and some areas of Europe and Australia which got the 3 car Brainmasters).

Randy

5. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Mmmm... Brainmasters...

We need a Fansproject Victory Saber ^_^

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Thanks for filling in the details. It has been a long time since I suffered through the show. So yeah, I suppose the bodies are extensions of the smaller robot.

And yeah, I think these HMs are a waste of plastic. So much fantastic engineering and creativity wasted on the likes of another Prime and Soundwave.

BTW, I always liked the idea of a separate intelligence (two minds if you will). So in that sense, I enjoyed the American idea better.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the Headmaster heads, maybe they're intended to follow this idea from the DW MTMTE Profile books...

...maybe Prime and Soundwave took this route at some point during the conversion from Autobot/Decepticon to Maximal/Predacon? Just trying to find a 'grasping-at-straws explanation' for this idea.

That said, I can't see buying these. No problem with them, just not something that appeals to me, especially with all the other 3rd party products coming out.

Thanks, I was having a hell of a time figuring out what was going on with that figure in the smaller and less clear pictures. While it does look a lot better than I'd originally thought, the character definitely loses something without having bombs for the hands. It just made Lugnut really cool that he didn't just carry a weapon, his lower arms were bombs. Anyways, it looks like he'll have some kind of gimmick housed in the aircraft tail, since that seems to swing down in a single piece, ala TFTM07 Incinerator.

8. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh my goodness...... What a weekend for Transformers goodness from Hasbro, Takara Tomy and these third party companies. Can't wait for MP Rodimus Prime and the new Generations figures to come out. Really excited to see Fansprojects stuff for the rest of the year. I REALLY like this new Arcee and the prototype for the new constructicon!

WHOO HOO!!!!

- Gregg

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So will there be any new info on the TFC Scavenger?? :(  I wanna see more please..

10. darkfire

darkfire Active Member

that prime head master looks sweet! =D SOUND WAVE LOOKS COOL TO =)

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I want that Soundwave Headmaster head.

12. notpicard

notpicard Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime as a ______-Master is how we last heard of him in the G1 Japanese continuity. I believe it was in the episode "The Big Book of Masterforce" where it was revealed that the Ginrai transtector was originally supposed to head to Optimus Prime, who was waiting for it on planet Master.

That made me wonder (not only how he was among the living, but also) what kind of _____master he was supposed to be. I suppose it could be assumed that he would be a Power Master and look something like Ginrai/Hi-Q, but maybe this headmaster could also fit in the story of what was going on on Planet Master during that time.

As for Soundwave, I think it would be cool to blend this with the Machine Wars Soundwave. Using a G1 Hardhead as a base and adding a rocket, you might be able to customize a cool mid-way Soundwave.

The only real trouble I have with these Headmasters is that they don't quite fit the design aesthetic of a G1 toy, but require one to be of any actual use. I would rather see fan-made stuff fit with the toys it is intended for. I don't want parts that stick out because they use ball joints while there were so few of those in G1 (Whirl and.....?).

Bring on more Headrobots like the Snake.

13. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

I really want to know more about that Constructicon prototype. If a third party (TFC, was it?) is making an upgrade set for Classics Devastator I'm going to have a major headache tracking one down on eBay....I think they go for $200 or something insane.

Luckily, nice people here sold me the ROTF Superion, Bruticus, and TF-Crossfire sets at fair prices after they became hot items! Thank you, nice people. You know who you are. :) 

14. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    I will! I will make Hot Rod the Brainmaster of Rodimus Prime! :D 

15. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    It's part of the thing on the right. It is from TFC and I don't think it is an upgrade kit.
    [​IMG]

16. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I think those HMs look nice, but I would have preferred new characters or rehashes/remakes of HM characters like Spike and company. Again, I think they look fantastic for what they are. I just don't like the idea behind them. As for Soundwave, I'm not sure he will work for MW Soundwave. This HM clearly has the stat tabs. Would take a bit of customization to make that head for the MW body.

17. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brightened up the pics for everyone... looks like Lugnut has the windows in this nosecone after all, that's good I liked that element of the animated design.

EDIT- Uploaded better ones

Attached Files:

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    How do you feel about the HM's being Optimus and Soundwave again? ;) 

While I do agree that Optimus and Soundwave were strange choices, I do appreciate the brilliance that these are the first triplechanging HMs we've seen. I'd buy them just for that fact.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been looking at the Legends class figures, and while I'm not sure why, I really like them.

Prime looks to have great articulation and sculpting, while remaining a perfect G1 homage. Also seems to incorporate a faux stomach piece (makes me think of Classics Prime).

Megatron has a surprisingly good and accurate gun alt-mode. Bot-mode isn't perfect, but it works. Having his fusion cannon be the barrel of the gun turned out better than I had expected.

Starscream is a nice combination of G1, Classics, and just a touch of Animated (the chest and leg proportions). I've got most of his transformation figured out, and I like it. Especially since one could easily kitbash the mold into the coneheads without needing to mod the head of the mold. I'd love to see this guy repainted as Skywarp.

Goldbug is a nice repaint. Almost looks as though he has a new head (though that's probably just the fuzziness of the pictures). Not sure I'll get him, but he does look good.

Should be interesting to see how the Legends Prowl, and any others they have planned, turn out. Galvatron, Rodimus Prime, and several others would be interesting to see, imho.

As for the Optimus and Soundwave headmasters, it's an odd concept, but one I like. Would be even better if they designed new bodies to go with them.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all these great figures, how about a Voyager HFD update for Tidal Wave? Sure it won't be the size everyone wants, but having a more realistic looking Tidal Wave update could reek of awesome.. :D