Some MP-09 questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fsfeedback, Sep 25, 2013.

1. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

Well my Hasbro MP Rodimus' right arm broke today, I don't feel bad though as I knew of this issue when I bought it, and I bought it for spare parts to fix my Takara Rodimus who had two left arm sets of pipes.

My question though is has anyone had their Takara Rodimus break at the arms, and was yours a first version or a second version?

The other question is for the gearheads/customizers out there who work on MP figures. Is the shoulder assembly on the MP seekers the same as MP Rodimus? I ask cause they have the same kind of grooves for the ratchet joints.

2. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the Takara MP-09 v2 and it hasn't had any problems breaking at the arms.... yet

3. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    someone just posted about this issue in last 2 weeks. don't remember the details. but i'd imagine they may have asked the same questions.

4. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with my Hasbro version, knock on wood, but then again, took him out box, put gun in hands, and haven't touched since

5. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    So far from what's been reported, thankfully no.

It appears that Takara molded MP 09 out of a different grade of plastic that proved far more durable to these specific breakage tolerances on the figure. Of course, the Takara mold had it's own host of problems all its own.

Very sorry to here that your Hasbro MP broke. It appears that all of the State wide releases of this figure are breaking at the arms. So very disappointing as this was a amazing and expensive figure.:( 

Hasbro needs to learn a golden rule here: When producing premium figures, do not cut corners on the plastics.

6. fsfeedback

I am less worried about the Rodimus than I am about the seekers to be honest. The shoulder joint looks too similar to be comfortable.

7. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I'm thinking that the Rodimus shoulder joints are a timebomb. I'd never even transformed mine, posed him a couple of times and the arm fell off. Now I'm left with a useless heap of junk.

8. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    Very aptly said. Their is no way to avoid it, not even non-use. The problem is in the plastics...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my takara v1 has no issues, but I got lucky, never did get the hasbron one, though I only wanted it for the targetmaster

10. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    I have the Hasbro Roddy, and no arm breakage yet. I was transforming him back and fourth for a while, even recently. But I started seeing all the posts on here, so now he is just sitting on my shelf.. not being touched....

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Takara version can also suffer from this problem. The person who posted the topic wasn't alone either.

It's not limited to the Hasbro version exclusively.

12. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No shoulder problems on my Hasbro version.....yet!! Where mine is having problem is in the left arm elbow joint. The plastic tab in the front doesn't work right and causes it to bend. My Rodimus is now just a show piece and Indare not transform him.

13. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here is what happens. This piece pops out when bending his arm. As you can see, it has a crease and has turned white.
    [​IMG]

14. fsfeedback

So no one else is worried that the seeker shoulders look similar to Rods? If not then that is good enough for me to stop worrying about the MP seekers.

15. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I thought its left arm that falls off. I've had mine for about 6 months and I never move him. Prior owner had him about a year

16. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own Takara v2 and my friend owns Takara v1 (which was mine before I bought v2), they've been bought on release and both of them are still totally fine.

17. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    After all these years, there haven't been widespread (or any?) reports of Seeker arms falling off, so I wouldn't worry about it.