Some more new Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Aug 22, 2021.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    So wait correct me if I'm wrong but is is true that we may be getting Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus or at least Magna Convoy in the Walmart subline?! If so then sweet glory I'm getting more into this!

2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    lighting incense and waiting wont do shit. if you want help from the spirits you have to take some drastic and direct action.
    get naked in the woods, slaughter a chicken, and pour the blood and a bottle of rum into a hollowed out tree stump. then you gotta carve out the entire enochian alphabet onto someone's back and throw a hornet nest at them.
    each letter that gets stung is part of the message. have fun decoding.

• Like Like x 6
  3. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it could be Magna Convoy, since the SG leaks were talking about a SG UM, which (despite what some think) would be a skull-headed variant of Delga Magnus Siege or Kingdom, so with a Magna Convoy included...

4. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

What

• Like Like x 1
  5. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

But here's the thing, diaclone fans wouldn't be satisfied by sg magnus and sg fans wouldn't be satisfied by magna convoy. A separate release for each character should satisfy everyone

• Like Like x 3
  6. DarkSkull

News Credits:
    Two figures of the same character? I really don't think Hasbro is so magnanimous, rather he will make one that to try to please both of them he will displease everyone... By the way, the diaclone fandom would never forgive him if he jumped Delta Magnus again, and given how much money they made him make last year with the recolor inspired by diaclone I don't think he wants to risk...

7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Nah, they mainly wand red-colored exclusives for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NexMix

Here's what I'm thinking, armored sg magnus will represent delta magnus, inner sg magnus will represent sg Magnus (hopefully with the right head), and magna convoy will be a blue repaint of er op to represent magna convoy, assuming magna convoy isn't a red herring

• Like Like x 1
  9. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Magna Convoy and Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus aren't the same character.

They will officially represent the character whose name is on the package unless stated by a Hasbro rep. We can headcanon it if we want, but that doesn't translate to them *being* that character objectively.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think having SG Ultra Magnus be either a straight up recolor of Kingdom Magnus with the Autobot insignia a different color then purple or heck have SG Ultra Magnus be a repaint/retool of Laser Optimus Prime like the original while having a more traditional Diaclone Delta Magnus/Powered Convoy be made from the Kingdom Magnus mold would be the best option to giving both fanbases what they want.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Thunderclash Fanboy

Thunderclash Fanboy "the greatest Autobot of all time" - Rodimus

So by this logic when they change names for copyright, they're completely new characters? Since the packaging doesn't reference the original character, no matter what they look like, they must be new ones! No Slags! Only this new similar looking dinosaur, SLUG!

Let people have their fun. There's no 'objectivity' about this. It's simply the joy of collecting and the decisions of a capitalist corporation.

• Like Like x 4
  12. DarkSkull

News Credits:
    In the few images where you see an internal robot for SG UM he is identical to Magna Convoy, only he has blood red eyes, so I don't understand what you mean by right head ... By the way there is already a safe convoy in this line, Black Convoy (Scourge)... No, I think it will be another one. Then for heaven's sake if they did both, so be it, but it seems to me too much grace...
    For the others, SG UM is this, with those colors, the same of Delta Magnus, if Hasbro use the UM mold of Siege or Kingdom
    [​IMG]

13. NexMix

What internal robot? SG Magnus doesn't have the usual Magnus armor (so already this new one will most likely be a compromise) and he has a skull face.
    Screenshot_20210825-140818_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    He's probably the most important character in the end of the Multiversal era of Transformers, so I really hope he's done justice, at least with his unique face

• Like Like x 5
  14. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Is Blue Bluestreak part of this subline?

15. Smokie

Smokie Banned

News Credits:
    Nah he’s target exclusive

• Like Like x 2
  16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    You're putting the cart before the horse. If Hasbro means for Character X to have a different name, that's going to reflect on the packaging. So Character X will have more than one name associated with them. That's different than two distinct characters that are both homaging an older toy. Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus is the Ultra Magnus from the Shattered Glass universe, while Magna Convoy was a mindless drone given sentience.

Basically, you're comparing one character having more than one name(Slag/Slug - only one character) to more than two characters having their own name - neither of them are Diaclone "Powered Convoy", but merely homage it.

That "capitalist corporation" gets to decide who their own characters are. They own them, we do not.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have we only confirmed Burn-Out and Hauler so far, from the codes? We'd kind of guessed those two already...

18. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Those and RiD01 Scourge.

19. Thunderclash Fanboy

Thunderclash Fanboy "the greatest Autobot of all time" - Rodimus

Until I buy them, own the toy, and call it what I want.

I kid, I can see where you're coming from. I hope you can see where I come from as well.

• Like Like x 7
  20. DarkSkull

News Credits:
    Yes, but it has the head of Delta Magnus, not that of Magna Convoy... As I said, if Hasbro use the mold of Siege / Kingdom UM (IF HASBRO USE THE MOLD OF S/K UM), and this seems confirmed by a shadow seen in a comic table attached to the first figure of the SG line, it is obvious that the skull head will have the robot in armor, so the internal one remains only the head of Magna Convoy, which in some costom interpretations (the only ones existing today) is always normal but with blood red eyes