Some more new Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Aug 22, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    They already pay factory employees...

2. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

A December release does put us close to when the reviews start popping out. I'd be surprised if we haven't seen a review by Pulsecon.

3. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

If they manage to get a big titan character off the factory floor that easily anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optimalprimal

True. Maybe they are smuggling him out piece by piece like the guy who mailed a jeep home from the war. Takes a bit longer.
    Or less likely, the QC is SO good that there haven't been any rejects to find in the dumpster.

Ok, sorry, as I look at my Kingdom Tracks that last one is seeming pretty far fetched.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Tracks is a cautionary tale of poor qc

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optimalprimal

Agreed. I can live with flipping Galvatron's shoulders around, as Hasbro is always leaving pins showing so it doesn't faze me. However, I HATE dealing with loose joints and pins. I know it's not a big deal, that it's an easy fix, but it's become a pet peeve. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I understand why they were originally the size that they were, but I want to feel like they belong alongside my other figures is all.

Don't make me use the S-word

• Like Like x 9
  8. Optimalprimal

It's not just you. I want them to be in... You know.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be standard deluxes.

• Like Like x 4
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of these leaks are Hasbro's own doing. I don't believe it's the case necessarily, but I would not be surprised at all since I don't see how a company as big and established as Hasbro could be this incompetent when it comes to preventing leaks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got him standing in as my lone Omnibot.
    It wouldn't be as simple as just mixing and matching parts, they wouldn't all fit together stylistically or mechanically. They should just reshell the vehicle mode based on a Ferrari F50 and use Gigawatt's engineering for the doors, and maybe tweak the legs so that you flip his waist around and the top of the rear portion of the car becomes his shins rather than the underside.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You have never worked for a large corporation then. The bigger they are, the more moving parts and the less any one person knows what is going on.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Optimalprimal

This. Seriously, I've worked for 4 major US corporations and there have never been less than 4 major disconnects, executives, home office, regional, and local. No one on either end has any idea which way the worm is turning. How anything gets done is beyond me, except for the 50-60 hour weeks worked by the leaders at both ends. For no good reason.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. I worked in management pretty high up for both Target and Wal-Mart and... yeah, how they can actually accomplish anything is beyond me. It's infuriating. It's also one of the reasons that store managers' heads are almost almost kings of their own little islands that can get away with a lot of shit (yes, there are policies in place that supposedly stop any real bullshit, but if complaints never make it to Corporate...).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Optimalprimal

Oh we had the opposite problem most places where I worked. We couldn't do anything unless directed by corporate and signed off by the DM. I couldn't make a decision in my own store, but was held accountable when sales dropped. One August I had a DM tear down a display that was making $500 a week and then he turned around and got on me for the store missing plan by $2000. :p  So glad I do what I do now and got out of retail.
    That's why that Hasbro makes the decisions they do, however. Too many cooks and the ones making the decisions aren't in the loop. The ones who know, like the designers, have no power.
    You want infinite Optimus Primes? That's how you get infinite Optimus Primes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    This is the most reasonable assumption anyway. Why else would the leakers play guessing games so heavily like they have been in this very thread? I gotta give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just working for Hasbro and *trying* to build hype.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Optimalprimal

In regards to HasTak, I try never to ascribe malice that which can be explained by incompetence. :p 
    Hasbro makes a lot more sense when you assume they are as clueless as most big, established corporations.

• Like Like x 6
  18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't buy that Hasbro aids and abets leaks on any conceivable level.

And what's so unbelievable about leaks? In order to have security you need control, accountability and oversight. COVID means less people in factories. Less people means less oversight, less people to be accountable to. Less people to exert opsec.

Less people to do any of this means people are likely to get away with it. People who SHOULD have control and oversight might be more tempted to get into it, or perhaps feel bullied by groups who conspire to make money on the side with info or product leaks. With everyone tight on money it's no surprise that people will find any way to make extra.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not to mention leaks and factory five-finger discounts have been happening since before COVID. It's only gotten worse in a lot of regards from what I've heard. Also, a friend of mine from overseas who works as a state inspector for some of these factories... well he told me that the problem with the physical copies getting out of the factory is that almost everyone in the factory is involved because there's that much money in it. From the people who work the line to the highest-paid manager on site.

• Like Like x 5
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It's not the leaks themselves it's that we have had a line that wasn't at least half leaked since Titans Return, at one point does it just become top to bottom idiocy, or Hasbro building the hype? Especially when toys are leaked then on sale the next day like Battle Trap.