So, you think Hasbro has any opinion on the Powerizer weapons not really working?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Dec 22, 2012.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Aside from the fact that not giving us a way to lock the majority of them (especially the genuinely good ones like Thundertron's) out being a ridiculous decision, the whole point of the gimmick just straight does not work.

That was the reason for the LED, all the translucent plastic on the robots and on the weapons, right? The gimmick was that they would have some sort of..energon glow or something, that the led would light up the weapon or something. That uh..that doesn't happen, on any single one of them.

From what I understand Hasbro's never addressed this or given an opinion on it, and from what we've seen none of the figures have really improved upon it over the course of the line aside from Ultra Magnus' weapon actually locking, and some of the weapons at least looking somewhat decent minus the stupid battery compartment that they have to have attached to them.

2. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does work. Or it works well enough for Hasbro to take them to market. We may never see that style of pack-in accessory/gimmick again, but that's the only indication we will ever get of Hasbro's level of satisfaction with it.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Since Beast Hunters seems to be dropping them, I'd say they are unhappy with it.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think so. It doesn't look like it will work well with the aesthetics on which the direction Hasbro is headed with the Prime line.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except for Magnus and Thundertron, I've handled all the Powerizer weapons. They seem to do what they were intended to just fine. The light travels down the length of the arm and makes it kinda look like the arm is glowing and the weapon is extending out of it.

I don't like the fact that the weapons look like crap when not "active", but I'm not exactly the target audience for a playful little gimmick like that either.

Dropping the gimmick for Beast Hunters doesn't mean much of anything. That's typical for brand relaunches. Allspark Power mostly dropped Automorph, and HftD saw a massive drop in complex Mech Alive features.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Really? I have NEVER seen the gimmick actually work like that on ANY of the powerizer figures.

7. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    They work just fine when I turn all the lights off, take them in my closet and close the door behind me.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I play with Dreadwing's like every day, and I'd say it works just fine because something lights up when I push the blue thing down.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Probably not. the toys have sold, there has not been any issue that forced them to do a recall so id say they are satisfied.

10. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

That's probably how the idea was pitched, but in practice its far from reality

Me either.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    No particular gimmick seems to last more than a line or two: Mini-Con-activated weapons, Mech-Alive, Combination, Automorph, C-clips, etc.. They always get replaced by something new next time the brand is re-marketed, making it hard to tell what sells well or not, or what Hasbro thinks of them (which we'd never hear regardless, but alas).

12. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it was a rough draft of the future to be quite honest. I still think the day where every Transformer deluxe-scale and higher having OLEDs is coming. Imagine all the "neon" parts on the FoC / WfC figures being LEDs instead. That's what i'm talking about.

But I think the implimentation of them was poor this go around. They barely worked or were too weak. LED's in Voyagers is a step in the right direction, but it wasn't executed well.

Most of all, they need to stop with these over sized, overcomplicated weapons that are pushing Voyagers smaller. They were lousy in DoTM and they were lousy now.

13. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

They care as much about that as they do the hollowness of their latest figures.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Works fine when you peg the weapons into the arm, rather than the fist. Megatron's arms even have a small channel for the LED to travel through.

15. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most also work if you plug the weapon on the back. This will typically light the chest up. Works on thundertron, starscream, Magnus, and dreadwing.

16. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i dont understand why you guys think its "not working". its a little light that turns on, and theres clear plastic to see it through. there were no promises made about it illuminating the weapon like a beacon of shining glory. kids love light up toys no matter how lame us adults find them. if you want something that looks amazing lit up, get yourself a Hot Toys Iron Man or Tron Light Cycle, those look incredible.

17. Junkion

Junkion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was with a few of my nephews (ages 5-10) they went crazy over those things, just as crazy as the mech tech weapons. They would open and close them for hours, we actually had one of the batteries die in Primes weapon! (I think it was a bad battery to begin with though, ours seemed like a defect) Though, I could care less about them, I think the target audience was well amused. Not my wallet though, I just got back from toysrus and the new Prime Weaponizers (Ultra Magnus) were $29.99!?!?! That's just crazy, the Generation voyagers (soundwave and soundblaster) were priced $22.99, which is even weirder...

18. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's just a way to justify downsizing. They make the toy smaller but put in a large chunk of plastic to "offset" it.... Then just remove the gimmick.

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I thought they were ok in DOTM. At least they look like weapons before ad after activation. The ones in Prime look like a mess of parts before you activate it.

20. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? This is out? When did it come out? Are there pics?

On Topic.. I hate the Mech Tech weapons.. just give me either, weapons that don't do anything and are close to accurate, or give me something that shoots... but this folding crap sucks..

In DOTM, at least SOME of them looked decent before pressing the buttons/gimmick but some looked good after, which sucks cause you can't pose them with them, if they have to be pushed in to look good.

In Prime, they suck even worse, cause unless they have the locks, they look like crap all the time, unless you mod them..