So, why do a AOE Deluxe wave 2.5?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tonyformer, Jun 11, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are a total of 12 AOE deluxe toys being released that we know of so far.

Wave 1 is- 67 Bee, Scorn, Slug and Crosshairs.

Wave 2 is- Slash, Strafe and Drift.

Wave 2.5 is- slash, Strafe, Drift and Lockdown

Wave 3 is- New Concept Bee, Stinger, Snarl and "Rally Car"

So why the 2 and 2.5? Why not just wave 1-3 and 4 toys per wave?

I wonder if they had a problem with the lockdown toy during its creation process or if they changed/added something to it and took it out of wave 2 to later add it back in and so the wave 2.5 was crested?

2. SFSE

SFSE "Autobots inbound..."

News Credits:
    Yeah, "WTF to that..." :) 

3. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It's not to sell more toys

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Usually technical stuff. It's possible Lockdown's toy wasn't finished by the time production started for everyone else, due to changes to the movie model?

5. SFSE

SFSE "Autobots inbound..."

News Credits:
    So is Lockdown released yet?

6. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Well yeah they can sell more toys but you would think they would not clog shelves with more Slash, Strafe and Drift toys again. To release wave 2 and 2.5 back to back with the same toys just the addition of lockdown is a bit overkill on the other 3 toys. If you can't sell wave 2 and 2.5 collectively on the shelves because there are now many of the same toy, most stores won't order wave 3 until shelves clear. And if sakes don't pick up to clear wave 2 and 2.5 than wave 3 won't be picked up.

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I believe wave 2.5 which lockdown is in, will be early July.

8. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Rally Car? Did I miss something?

9. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    It was on a leaked toy list several months ago. It's supposed to be part of Wave 3.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  10. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Weren't there rumors about voyager Lockdown or am I mistaken?

11. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Voyager Drift. Voyager Drift and Voyager Dinobot Slog are Voyager wave 3.

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm wondering a lot of this toy line. I mean why 2.5, why reveal Snarl when you are not revealing any others, and will there be something else in the future.

13. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Didn't Hasbro say they where releasing 10 Deluxes?

14. Autobots14

Man I was hoping for a voyager Lockdown or at least an leader class Lockdown.

15. tonyformer

News Credits:
    No, 20 "new" total AOE generations toys in 2014.

12 deluxe
    6 voyager
    2 leader

Not counting the Takara re-releases from other movies.

16. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with lockdown simply being in a revision wave.. and not in the first or second waves.. do you think we'll get a voyager or leader lockdown?

it just seems odd that they'd give lockdown a huge smash n change figure and a one step changer, yet only give him a deluxe as part of the main line. i'm probably grasping at straws here.. but hasbro has to have a bigger bad guy in mind. we've got a deluxe lockdown and voyager galvatron. there has to be another bad guy figure.

personally, i REALLY hope he gets a leader figure and i REALLY hope that hasbro gives us a great looking lockdown. one that has all of his visual cue's like those bullet looking things on his arms and shoulders, his helmet, and a detachable head gun.

in every single movie line thus far they've given us three leader molds and at least one bad guy. the first movie we got megatron and brawl. in rotf we got megatron. in dotm we got sentinel (sure he started good, but was a main bad guy by the end).

so, as of now, we've got leader prime and grimlock.. two good guys. and we know that we're getting a repainted leader bumblebee (man it's hilarious that the figure needs a completely new box because it's so much bigger than the leaders for this movie).. so, i would think there's going to be another leader. and i would think that it has to be galvatron, lockdown, or some mystery bad guy that we're not privy to. still, i'd prefer lockdown.

plus, i REALLY want a big accurate transforming lamborghini aventador.

or.. we only get leader prime and grimlock and part of hasbro's HUGE cost cutting effort with this line (cheap packaging, less screws, smaller figures, etc) that much like the human alliance line, the third leader mold has been cut so that hasbro could set aside more of their budget for the one step changers, smash n changers, power battlers (or whatever they're called), dino riders, construct bots, and those large plastic "garden gnomes" that no one wants and don't sell.

i really hope hasbro has some more special stuff in store for this line. we still need the rally car (if it is in fact a transformer) a couple of the different vehicons, stinger, and a larger lockdown.. and HOPEFULLY voyager versions of scorn and slug.. but, i'm starting to think that we've already seen the gist of the line and whatever comes next will just be repaints/remolds. and i'm certain that we won't get voyager versions of slug and scorn even though they are DESPERATELY needed.

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It reminds me of the stigma that existed in some action figure lines over 10-15 years ago.

While you'd have 2-3 of each of the good guys (and their multiple paintjobs/costumes), the bad guys often were limited to a small allotment in a box.

I could see this as some move by Hasbro figuring that everyone wants the good guys since we're introducing a whole new wave of Autobots.

...or maybe they just figure parents groups are going to get really mad they're selling a figure that has a gun for a face and shoots the hero.

18. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    their cost cutting is really starting to piss me off.. this will be the first time we only get 2 leaders.. that's ridiculous. they got rid of human alliance.. there's only two leaders.. all because they want to cut costs and release TONS of little kid shit that isn't selling. wonderful.

hopefully there will be a HFTD type of line where we'll get some more molds.

19. Autobots14

We already have an Dinobot Slog and Grimlock as an voyager, earlier there were rumors about an voyager Lockdown mentioned by someone not sure who I forgot, we're already getting an deluxe Stinger in wave 3 same thing about Snarl, and I don't think Hasbro or Takara will be releasing an leader class Decepticon even though I want one at least Lockdown or Galvatron, and I also want deluxe Vehicons I wish they could toys of them.

20. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    i doubt the parents group has anything to do with it.. plus, lockdown doesn't NEED the gun head.. he simply needs to oppose prime.. and he REALLY doesn't do that well as a deluxe going up against a leader.

2 leader molds pisses me off even more that primes robot mode is pretty awful and grimlocks dino mode is TERRIBLE.. with only needing to focus on TWO leader molds, you'd think they could've done a MUCH better job.. ESPECIALLY when you compare leader grimlocks dino mode to scorns.

unbelievable.

these figures have their good aspects to them.. but overall, i think this is a MAJOR step in the wrong direction.

what a way to celebrate 30 years by pushing away collectors with a little kid centric line.

i understand the need for all of the superfluous stuff.. but when it starts lowering the quality that we've come to expect, that's when i have a problem.

rotf leader prime set the bar way too high. they need to get back to that.