So who's not going completely gung-ho for the new line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobotic9, May 17, 2011.

1. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the movie, but I find myself passing on most of the toys in the line. Some I want, like new characters, except Leader Sentinel. Anyone else having the blues?
    Saving money on this line justifies my latest haul of Generations and RTS Wheeljack, Warpath, Bumblebee, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Thundercracker, G2 Prime, and Kup. Needless to say I'm happy :p .

2. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    just not liking their size..i mean you have a monster sentinel prime to display with a with a tiny optimus and the rest of the bunch..leader bumblebee..for what?? and then the decepticons get voyagers of the two most awesome characters shockwave and megatron.who are the same size as some of the deluxes and then you have that georgeous crankcase whose suv mode is tiny next to the wreckers and bumblebee..that ultimate optimus will hopefully be the right size next to sentinel..give me a leader shockwave and megatron and i will be a happy camper..but so far the scales are sooo far off..: (

so the the line so far cool but way too small..my movie one and revenge of the fallen displays are not perfect but look pretty badass because the scales are way more on the money..heres hoping

3. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Same here. Caved in and bought roadbuster, topspin, and sideswipe. Completely unimpressed. I've seen better plastics on KO's. Only ones I bought were megatron, sentinel, and shockwave that I'm keeping. Going to sell the rest off.

4. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    meh. Even when I only buy a few of the movie toys, the fascination only lasts a few months and I end up selling them all. I'll just skip that part this time around. The wallet needed a break anyway before the upcoming FP stuff puts it back on life support.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Save for Voyager Shockwave & Leader Sentinel, nothing else from this line has even remotely caught my interest yet. And after seeing all the Wave 1 stuff in person yesterday, I'm even less interested. I hate the MechTech gimmick, I hate all the MechTech holes & plugs on the figures, I really don't like the watered down paint jobs, I'm tired of 100 different Bumblebee's, and I'm really disappointed in the higher prices for smaller toys (ie: scaled down Deluxes & Voyagers) since that instantly kills any chance for impulse buys.

Ironically, these Movie 3 toys remind of what happened in Season 3 of G1 - everything became overly space-agey & gimmicky and are a far cry from the consistency of the originals. Hopefully another one or two figs eventually come out that I also want for my very small & select movie collection, but I'm not holding my breath.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not. I haven't collected any movie lines yet. Just don't like the aesthetic. I'm a blocky g1 guy since the beginning. Nto bashign the quality of the figures, just not into them myself.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The line has a couple of winners but nothing exciting. I will be skipping the entire movie.

The first two lines did very little for me so to see the return of a poorer version of the same character was a happy and sad occasion. Sad for skipping my first line ever and happy about the money I will be saving.

8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Only planning to get HA Basics, Shockwave, and Skyhammer (and I'm probably going to wait to see what Skyhammer's inevitable repaint will look like). Oh, and Takara's Vortex, if I can find him for a decent price.

9. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I got all that I'm getting of the stuff we know about.

Voyager Optimus
    Voyager Skyhammer
    Voyager Shockwave
    Deluxe Starscream
    Deluxe BB
    Cyberverse Powerglide

I can't see myself buying any other movie stuff unless somehting comes out that blows me away.

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

When the pics first came out I only wanted Skyhammer, and some HA basics for the tasty weaponry. And since the lines been released, I only want Skyhammer, some HA basics for the tasty weaponry, Cyberverse Powerglide, and the Ark playset for Roller.
    Of which I acquired one HA basic, and Powerglide

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I have no plans to buy many of the figures at this time, after seeing the movie if a character really clicks with me i may but that figure but until then i will likely be going with vintage figures and trying to round up the remaining Voyager and RvS figures i need.

12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I'm going to buy Skyhammer, Space case, Vortex (japanese exclusive).
    Probably all new Human alliance that is in scale to the HA from the last movie/alternator-size, about 1/24 I think it is, not buying any new redecos of Bumblebee though. The one from the last movie will suffice.
    I will probably buy Leader class Sentinel Prime.
    That will probably be it for me (my wallet prays for this at least), if any more toys will be released that looks sufficently Geewunny (like Vortex, Space Case) I will buy them.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an honor to say that I haven't gone this gung-ho since Botcon 2010!!!

14. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i'm excited for everyone getting their dose of plastic crack but for me i need only the good stuff and i want em' cheap. on sale, i mean.

15. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm excited for the inevitable Post Movie-Movie 3 line, but not so much these first waves. I like keeping my Movie Autobots in Leader/Human Alliance scale, so most of these new deluxes and Cyberverse figs aren't doing much for me.

I'll probably end up getting Sentinel, Ironhide, Megatron, Shockwave and HA Soundwave.

The rest that I may be interested in, including the HA Wreckers, I'll pick up on clearance.

16. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I only want a couple of the new line and that's it. I want more CHUG stat.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be buying most of the new characters, and Ultimate Prime, but that's about it. The characters we already had toys of seem to have better toys in the ROTF line.

18. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

In '09 I bought a bunch of ROTF figures before seeing the film. After, I didn't buy very much at all.

I have no interest in any of the DOTM line at all. Part of it is that I'm tired of movie toys. Part of it is I only like really well done movie toys that truely represent the detail of the movies character designs. Most of the 'Moon' toys seem to lack the wow factor of say Human Alliance or Leader Prime from ROTF. I was tempted a bit by Sentinal Prime, but in the end decided against even getting that one figure. At this point the only movie figures I'd buy are a Voyager Bonecrusher or Leader Blackout. Neither of which will happen.

So instead of DOTM I've opted to focus collecting other lines. Like the New Star Wars Vintage Collection, Saint Seiya, and Vintage G1.

So far in place of collecting DOTM I've gotten:

G1 MIB Swoop
    Kiss Players Convoy MISB
    Kiss Players Hotrodimus MISB

I must say I'm happier going this route. :D 

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

im buying for my son and myself, so ive managed to buy alot of stuff already.

roadbuster
    topspin
    crankcase
    megatron voyager
    5 cyberverse commanders (missing megatron)

waiting to find

ironhide leader
    shockwave voyager and leader
    sentinel voyager and leader
    megatron leader
    HA roadbuster
    HA Topspin
    HA and deluxe Leadfoot
    maybe skyhammer
    maybe more cyberverse
    wheeljack
    mirage
    other dreads

20. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i only "really" want Sentinel Prime and Skyhammer. i also wanted HA Basics but guess what? they're charged for 19 dollars here. too pricey for scout sized figures.