So who is cancelling orders for reissue Warbot Defender, or selling theirs?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is about Warbot, not about selling Animated. And if you're expecting to make money off of TF's, good luck. Very few from any recent line will give you profit, not just Animated. I made no argument against your claim on that. But again, Peaugh comment on selling his animated wasn't serious to begin with. So the argument is moot.

As for Warbot, I'm sure some will still keep their pre-orders and have no plans on selling theirs simply because they might light that toy design. For me, I am glad I held-off. It was a wild gamble, but it was worth it waiting for Hasbro to come through with a legit triple-changer Springer and not some lazy repaint of a past mold that could pass for a Springer like they've done before.

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Defender is an outstanding figure, and I greatly prefer his aesthetic to the new voyager.
    I have no desire for the hasbro release.

3. zebramatt

zebramatt Well-Known Member

Neither is the perfect Springer but Hasbro's is a third of the price - Defender is closer to what I want from Springer, but not three times closer (in my opinion) - so I'm going to pass on the Warbot for now and just pick up the 'bro version.

4. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

Ebay:
    Sold my Defender yesterday. Took it on the chin a bit, but what do you expect with news of the "REAL" Springer dropping.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    i was going to sell a month ago, saw one go for $122 a few weeks ago so i figured the market was rips. I waited three days like an idiot and then hasbro announces.
    mine has been out there 6 days at $65 with one bid.
    thinking of cancelling the auction and just keeping him. got him in the bundle, already sold steelcore so Im pretty much ahead. still got a steelcore, and two assaulters to keep, in addition to springer.

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other people spoke of Animated, so I joined that conversation. I have that right, you're just going to have to deal with it. Whether or not Peaugh was serious or not, my point was still legit and wasn't a waste.

The only one arguing, moot or otherwise, is you. And for no damned good reason. In other words, when it's pointless to open your mouth, just don't do it.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Keeping Defender as Springer and picking up the retool that will be Sandstorm.

That way I will have both characters and they won't have to obnoxiously share a mold.

8. ninjaslacker

ninjaslacker Well-Known Member

I fiddled around with defender today and i dont see why some people dont like it. Im in love wirh defender now n im thinking about taking him off my sales thread lol! i have a feeling that the hasbro release will be alright but will not top off defender.

9. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad I offloaded my Warbot shortly after the first run sold out. I wasn't trying to gouge, I just wasn't thrilled with the figure, and for once I made a few bucks on the transaction. Doesn't even look like Springer, really. I think I'm stuck with this GDO guy though; it's not even worth the shipping. The initial pictures of FoC Springer look *incredible*.

10. Prime_816

Prime_816 Well-Known Member

Except you won't be getting $120 if you sell right now.

11. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

I don't have either but I see no reason anyone should get rid of Defender just because Hasbro has decided to do a true triple-changer. There's room for both.

12. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

100% correct. I like Defender I like the hasbro springer why sell either.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I might trade Defender for one of the upcoming FP toys. I opened Code today and WOW, these are on the next level for sure.

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Theory debunked: defender demand is still out there, mine just went for 120 even. With the bundle I technically paid $84 dollars each for the three.

15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to trade my Defender so some other 3p release that I don't have the money for

16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How come no one asks who is selling their Botcon Springer because of the upcoming Voyager? Would seem to be more a replacement for him.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have WD, GDO Springer, and I hope to get the new one Hasbro releases. I'm happy with . . . all three? Yes! :) 

18. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'll eventually sell mine, but I'll probably pickup springer first so that I don't have a hole in my display.

19. Plastikkrack

Plastikkrack The Newbie

Mine was $10. :) 

I'm keeping it!

20. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he and the voyager helicopter versions left the building when defender came out is why....for me