So who is cancelling orders for reissue Warbot Defender, or selling theirs?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Feb 10, 2013.

1. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just that people have different reasons for keeping him. Also, even for someone who prefers the new Springer over Defender, selling the latter now, presumably at a loss, may not be a very attractive alternative. So getting the new Springer and finding reasons to keep Defender is not completely out of the question.

In other words, my points are

Keeping Defender does not necessarily mean loving him, or finding him without fault.

Keeping Defender does not necessarily mean one thinks he's better than the new Springer, or that one would not consider buying the new Springer.

Heck, I'm now even considering also getting Springer if only so that I won't have to transform Defender to get an alt mode. :) 

2. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cancelled my pre-order of Warbot Defender. At 144 on TFSorce vs 20 to 30 ish for Hasbro's Springer when it gets listed it was an easy choice. Both toys look good the price is key here in deciding it for me.

I didn't save much, as when I cancelled Defender I pre-ordered the two remaining Airialbots at the same time to take it's place on the order.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I say "awhile", I mean quite a long time. If I sell Defender, it wouldn't be until at least a year after Springer is actually released.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Defender is a good figure and thinking about it quickly, with a few mods to the vehicle mode and a new paint job and head,you could have a passable Not-Sandstorm.

As for me, I'm probably going to keep mine for now.

5. CBII

CBII Well-Known Member

Well Now that I have MP10 I MUST SELL ALL VERSIONS OF OPTIMUS PRIME

That state is just as stupid as the one purposed here.

*shakes head in disapproval of the fandom!

6. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Will be keeping mine.

7. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'll be keeping Defender, AND buying this new Springer, for one simple reason(a reason no one has really pointed out yet, really). The new Springer is a really good representation of IDW Springer, but not a very good representation of G1 Springer. Except for the head, Warbot Defender is a good update to G1 Springer, who fits in size wise with many of my other toys.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, would it be interesting to see the results of a poll on the matter:popcorn 

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    defense is a great toy on its own right. After you add Process's feet stablizers its amazing.

I mean, I bet the new springer cannot take his gun from his own storage area :p 

10. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Im fine with Defender, I collect the warbots so im definitely not getting rid of him. I'll wait for reviews on Springer

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Defiantly keeping mine this new Hasbro one looks bad, he has a very anorexic look to him.

12. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I never ended up buying one, and haven't pre-ordered the reissue. I was kind of hunting for one up until this weekend. I'll pass on him now.

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I have no intention of selling mine. Fantastic toy. There is no reason there cannot be two Springer's on my shelf.

14. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I picked a second one MISB up for trading fodder for a good deal. I'm definitely keeping my opened one though :D 

Edit: I'll watch the reviews and probably pick up this new Hasbro version though. I agree the legs look a bit skinny but I really am a bit of a sucker for the triple changers :lol  :tongue: 

15. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I have no intention of selling my Defender.

Firstly, until I have a figure in-hand, or at least see some in-hand review pics of him, it's hard to judge. Springer does look cool, and I have every intention of getting him. But whether he takes over as the leader of my Wreckers depends on how well he fits with the current members.

Defender is part of an important FP trio, and regardless of the figure's flaws, it is an impressive bit of engineering and construction.

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No way I'd sell my FP Defender. I'm not getting the dismissal of Defender all of a sudden. We've seen pictures of a Hasbro Springer and now Defender is a piece? Na, I don't get it.

17. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't really get why people would sell him either. Suddenly many people seem to be of the "only one version" mindset too.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So yes, I'm still keeping Defender, but the Hasbro version pulls all 3 modes much better.

19. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

How many Primes do I have? How many Starscreams? I can have two Springers. If the Hasbro one matches up to Defender, then it's just more win. I hope it does!

20. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Standing up without buying separate parts seems like the more important ability. :lol 

I still like the look of Warbot Defender, but nowhere near as much as the Hasbro Springer. The price and the diecast metal were the only things I didn't like about it, and if it weren't for the amount of third party and MP stuff that's been coming out I might have bought the reissue. Glad I didn't! :) 

~Matt Booker