So where are they?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Nighthawkblack, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Its crazy, so I had mech ideas twin twist and top spin. They looked great but didnt fit in my MP vision.

I still think the Omnibots were some of the best looking and most fun to play with G1 cars, no one has touched them.

Then there is roadbuster ad whirl. Great G1 toys with no MP love. I think roadbuster got an IDW style but thats all I can think of.

I dont get it, seems like companies intentionally try to trump each other with the same main street characters and flood the market with their take on a few of the same.

Those are my wishlist top picks. What do you think? Why havent they been given an MP treatment? Who would you like to see try them? What are your less popular MP development picks?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Or Sky Lynx, Battletrap and Flywheels.

• Like Like x 2
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thread title needs adjustment to provide more information, context to your question. Clickbait is probably against the rules.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skids says hi.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

*Cough cough* Arcee *cough cough*

/axetogrind

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nighthawkblack

k

I dont think Arcee is less popular but it is odd she hasnt gotten more attention by some of the bigger players in the arena.

I like skids but Im sure TT will make him and include the scooter. Still a 3p version wouldnt be nice.

Id guess skylynx is on fanstoys radar.

7. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I kinda like it that they all do things in unison. It's a good way for collectors to have decent choices

8. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    To hell with MP, I still want an IDW MTMTE Whirl!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i'd do unspeakable things for some chug scale omnibots, but since third party chug has gone the way of the dinosaur i'd settle for some 3P MP versions

10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I need a damn Devcon! I bought a chug one last year but the guy tried to fuck me by having a custom head. It was uglier than the selfie duck lips one that came with it. Haven't even looked for one since then. Didn't really like the generations Scourge mold for my boy. Devcon!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree on the thread title...

As for where are they... none of the characters mentioned, excluding Arcee and Sky Lynx, are actually legitimately popular characters.
    None of the characters mentioned in the OP even feature in the cartoon.
    Runabout/Runamuck where in a single episode.
    Battletrap and Flywheels were only in Headmasters?

Skids had two G1 episodes so a little more popular but even then he's a minor character in G1.

Arcee and SkyLynx both received a lot more air time, but Sky Lynx is a big and complex bot who's MP treatment is probably dependent on FT Omega being successful enough. Arcee already has Toyworld MP, plus an oversized Generations KO, and has been rumoured by MMC and FT at least.

Not really a mystery at all frankly. Obscure toy's that a few people are passionate about are way lower priority. They may possibly get attention after the main G1 stuff is exhausted, but with IDW and BW stuff moving into MP, minor nobodies will probably struggle for attention. What will sell more figures : Arcee or Topspin? (hint, the answer is one of the most popular fembots in TF lore, not the random guy from the comics who's gimmick is...he transforms quickly?)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nighthawkblack

Not every company bases it on selling the most. Badcube made warpath, a character that was not as popular. We have seen perceptor by FT, two or three Cosmos are coming. Mmc made the djd which as cool as they look they dont scratch my MP itch as they were not intended to. Granted, all the ones I mentioned had more screen time but they arent super popular.

Like others mentioned, runabout and runamuck would be cool. The omnibots to me are a no brainer. Still shocked they get zero love. How about the pastel seekers in a new mold?

After seeing how many are with the hobby, I'm sure companies realize many of us want at least one great rendition of each character. So I cant understand why many of these good but less popular ones get no attention. Even the ones that didnt have screentime, often had commercial animation for a source. I could get into the characters that had more screen time and no toy version but thats another discussion all together, Im looking at you fembots.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Biggest ones I care for that are still missing from MP :

Arcee, Elita 1, Windblade, Chromia, blackaracknea, Jetfire, Powerglide, cliffjumper (no xtb), beachcomber (no xtb).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

... the impatience for obscure MP figures that many collectors hardly recognize is laughable to me.

I don't think anyone knew that Masterpiece was going to possibly fill out the ranks until MP-12 at the earliest. The official line that only started releasing a few molds a year in 2013 w Soundwave, the Cassetticons, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. Obviously the official line isnt going to fill out ranks anytime soon.

The first 3MP figure was Quakewave in 2013. I don't remember what the next 3MP figure was, but it may have been FT Scoria in 2014?

So in 2 years, we've gone from on one company making quality MP worthy characters to the oversaturated bloodbath of a release frenzy that we see today. And despite the incredible competition and shear volume of 3MP efforts, we still don't have a G1 Jazz released yet (yes I know MT's and TW's will be put soon).

A lot of the more centric characters were released only last year with other versions coming next year.

And people are impatient enough to complain that obscure characters that didnt even get official Classics versions havent been teased yet?!

Amazing. The MP Line has been filled out incredibly well by 3MPs in the last few years. Perhaps obscure characters will be touched eventually, but to expect it before the S1-2, and Movie characters seems really odd to me.

Its proposterous even. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. BottleOfFuture

BottleOfFuture Weaponizer

We just need more CHUG stuff again. I'm a bit tired of every company focusing just on MP style.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tcmjuk87

Tcmjuk87 Well-Known Member

Whilst i'm primarily focused on collecting Season 1-4 characters, i would not say no to any 3rd party companies who move beyond that with a half decent MP interpretation of the more obscure characters.

Susanoo (aka Bludgeon) is an example. Heck, if someone were to make all the Pretenders like him (cutting out the whole middleman, and just do either shell to vehicle) i might bite, but i realise that is wishful thinking, as only a small minority of us what probably be interested.

I'm still waiting on a Marvel Comics Scale Scorpinok/Fortress Maximus (about Ultra Magnus height - to coincide with Powermaster Prime)

17. StriderHiryu

StriderHiryu Well-Known Member

As someone who loves carbots, particularly these cars, I would jump at the opportunity to get my hands on mp omnibots. I don't care that they didn't exist in the cartoon. They had relevance in the toy world. They wouldn't come with any toon accuracy debates, rather the question would be does the aesthetic match the mp line.

• Like Like x 1