So... what film do you own the most physical copies of?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tikgnat, Feb 14, 2017.

1. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Usually I don't keep extra copies of films unless the extended edition/special features are spread over multiple releases, and then I usually just combine them. I have a big physical film library and since the days of VHS, have been upgrading to newer and better formats, like Widescreen VHS, DVD, special edition DVDs, Blu-rays, remastered Blu-rays, etc. The new ones come in and old ones are replaced. Take Ghostbusters for instance; I think I've purchased that film about seven times now (being my favorite), and have finally settled on the two-pack with the sequel that was remastered. I just don't have the room to store everything.

2. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Star Trek (2009) and Avatar (DVD/Blu-ray combo)

Same here, this time with Please Teacher! (vol. 2 and the 3-disc Complete Collection), School Rumble and Rozen Maiden (season 1 for both series - HK bootlegs before buying the Funimation DVDs when School Rumble got released (along with the Extra Class OVA, which was never included in the bootleg set) and the Sentai Filmworks collection of Rozen Maiden with Traumend (season 2 which I never had) and the never released/licensed Overture OVA)

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's kind of hard because I get rid of pretty much everything once I get the latest version.

Upon looking at my collection though, I do still have

2 copies of Halloween, the 35th Digibook edition and the one in the Complete Collection set.

3 copies of the original Star Wars trilogy, the BD Complete Sagas set and the DVD set that includes the 2004 editions and the DVDs of the original theatrical versions.

2 versions of Transformers the Movie the new BD and the 20th Anniversary DVD just because I forgot to sell it off.

That's it. Everything else is either DVD or BD.

4. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Not including the Production Diaries set, I have the Theatrical DVD, the Extended Cut DVD, and the Blu-Ray. Thinking about getting the recent Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray to complete the set. :lol 

I also have two copies of Ghost In The Shell (2.0 and 25th Anniversary) and Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence (the out of Print Bandai Blu-Ray, and the Funimation Blu-Ray), along with the Star Wars saga on both DVD and Blu-Ray.

I also embarrassingly have three copies of Rob Zombie's Halloween, with the theatrical DVD, the Director's Cut Blu-Ray that comes with the Halloween Box Set, and the Theatrical Blu-Ray double feature with H2, because if there's one version of Rob Zombie's Halloween that's remotely watchable, it's the theatrical cut.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robotech is the winner unless I'm forgetting something. VHS (2 different versions), Laserdisk, 2 different DVD versions.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

honestly, the only films i have more than one copy of are films that i had previously bought on vhs.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I think Lynch's Dune, T2 and Predator are the only the things I still have multiples of. I could be wrong though, I have stuff in storage that I've not gone through in years.

T2 and Predator because the BDs didn't have the extras from the best DVD releases. Dune because I brought the US BD as it was better then the UK release, but ended up with a copy of the UK release as well because I had to send back a faulty copy of Fire Walk With Me and got an entire boxset of Lynch movies in return.

Dune is probably my most purchased film ever as well, brought it twice on DVD and had it on VHS as well. Similar for Blade Runner, but I've only had one BD of that. Haven't paid money for OT Star Wars since VHS for the obvious reasons.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, Blade Runner is another I have in all sorts of formats and multiple cuts.

9. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Transformers: The Movie and Ghostbusters

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The Terminator. VHS, DVD, Blu-ray.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I thought more people would have more than 2 (the classic DVD/BD upgrade situation). Thinking about it I have a right few weird upgrades, The Rock on VCD and DVD is one for instance.

12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never really bought VHS or laserdiscs, so mostly the DVD -> blu ray
    1986 TF movie 3x: Rhino dvd, Sony dvd, the most recent blu
    Also the G1 tv series 2x: Rhino + Shout
    Pretty much all my Disney movies got the dvd-blu treatment (Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters INC, et al)
    Godfather trilogy 2x
    Pretty standard stuff

Funny enough, I own The Rock on UMD (for PSP, remember those?) and blu

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ha! I forgot, I have a copy of TFTM on UMD as well! But it won't run on my PSP... presumably because it's the wrong region? FAIL.

14. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Friday: Bootleg VHS, VHS, DVD, Bluray
    T2: VHS, DVD, special edition DVD, skynet edition Blu-ray

15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I have two copies of Transformers: The Movie on Blu-Ray, since I already had Gregg Berger's autograph on my import before the North American version was announced.

16. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Tron
    1983 VHS
    2003 DVD
    2011 Blu-Ray

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    After TF Movie(s) it would still be TF related.. G1 series and Beast Wars.

18. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Blade Runner- The last copy I bought was because it had the Drew S. Artwork on the cover. I keep my disks in big metal organizers with felt pockets so the cover is pontless anyway.

Winter Soldier- wasn't paying attention and bought a version with a 3D disk I'll never use.

SW OTS

Tron

Clockwork orange- it was packed in with some of the other Kubrick films I bought.

Lots of Timmverse DC duplicates due to pack ins.

Movies I've had to replace more than once because of theft. Dune, Flash Gordon, Alien, The Jerk. I gave up replacing horror and independent films.

19. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Attack of the clones and reventh of the sith I have dupes because the kids left them on the floor and they got kicked around. And I kept buying harry potter movies for them and got the same one like 3 or 4 times lol

20. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have Transformers The Movie on VHS, DVD, and Blu Ray. I also have a digital version on my phone that sometimes watch at the gym while doing cardio. But do have a lot of DVD and Blu Ray copies of the same movie Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Ghostbusters, and Black Dynamite