So... what film do you own the most physical copies of?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tikgnat, Feb 14, 2017.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Right, so we're all Transformers fans here (allegedly) so I'm guessing we all own multiple copies of Transformers the Movie right? For me I have something like 7 or 8 copies of it on disc. And that got me thinking, what film (aside from TFTM) do you have the most multiple copies of?

It sounds like a stupid question but when I thought about it I actually had 4 copies of Resident Evil Apocalypse at one point. Seriously. I bought the DVD, then I got another DVD bundled in a multipack and then I bought the Blu Ray and then finally another Blu Ray in a RE 4 film pack... I gave away the 2 DVD's and first Blu Ray so now it's just the multipack copy but what the hell? How'd I end up with so many?

I think Star Wars Original Trilogy are there too... I had the VHS Special Editions, then the DVD, then the Blu Rays but I believe I gave the VHS away years ago and the DVD's went after the Blu Rays came out... so I guess that doesn't count.

I think the film I have the most copies of is Conan the Barbarian, my favourite film of all time. I bought the US R1 DVD ages ago, it has the best extras (and menus) but the picture is only 480p and mono sound. So I bought the UK R2 DVD which had 576p and 5.1 sound, but weirdly, shitty extras. Then the BD special edition came out with 1080p, 5.1 HD Audio and great extras, but weirdly omitting the spring wind chat Conan and Subotai have just before prepping for the Battle of the Mounds... so I have 3 physical copies of that film! I really should get rid of the UK PAL DVD...

Anyway, what's yours?

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Embrace your contradictions

Ebay:
    Probably the Star Wars Original Trilogy, with the VHS releases (which are long gone but I'm counting them), two different DVDs (we thought we lost them at one point and bought a second set), and the Blu-Ray release.

I've also got the '86 Transformers movie on DVD and Blu-Ray. I think that's it, though.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, the SW OT, for me. Not a crazy amount, though, just two sets on VHS (original and Special Ed.), a DVD set, and then the Blu-Ray collection.

TF:TM would actually be next with the VHS, DVD, and the recent Blu-Ray.

Anything else would be no more than two copies, like I originally bought an HK bootleg version of the Berserk Anime series, before eventually buying the Eng Dub by Anime Works, when it came out.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think TF:TM is my most owned movie as well: VHS, original DVD, 20th Anniversary DVD and now the new Blu-Ray.

Runner-up would be the G1 collection: Rhino silver books, Shout Factory Matrix of Leadership boxset and Shout Factory individual DVD's w/ slipcase.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Star Wars OT for me, too.

The first 16 Bond movies, I have on VHS as well as DVD, and I re-bought 4 of them (so, up to three copies for these four movies) on special edition DVD. But nothing beats Star Wars for getting me to buy and buy and buy the same dang movie over and over.

That said, I've decided never to buy any more Star Wars movies on any format, physical or digital, until Disney releases the original versions of the OT. Can they do it? Is it even possible? I'm guessing yes. What I do know is that I am done watching the Special Editions. And I'm definitely done with buying them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Easy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. I've got the VHS copy I watched as a kid, a DVD copy on it's own in a white case, and a copy of it in a 4-pack of the first three live-action films and the 2007 CGI movie. All I'm need now are a copy of it on blu-ray and the laserdisc release.

7. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

:confused2 ....... tropic thunder

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    3 copies of TFTM, the new blu ray, the 2009 1 disc release, and a pre-2007 uk release with gongman.
    Girl who leapt through time and Summer wars, both on dvd and blu ray.
    Wreck-it Ralph, Lego movie, Pacific Rim, Avengers, Back to the future, The 90's TMNT movie, and Nightbefore Christmas, also fall into the DVD/Blu ray combo.

9. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

In terms of completely separate purchases of the exact same version of the same film, the only movie I've got multiples of (so far) is Superman: The Movie, primarily because I just caved in and picked up the 4-disc set at a discount in order to get the copy of "Superman & The Mole Men" included in it (the fact that it also has a few Fleischer shorts in it sweetened the deal for me, too); I've also the bargain-bin set of all 4 movies.

That doesn't count the DVD movie edits of the various season premieres/finales of TF: PRIME, in addition to all the seasons of the show.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I rarely have more than 2 copies of a film. Usually it is a different or special edition. I got Evil Dead collectors edition and the special one where the case looks like the necronomicon. Evil Dead 2 it is limited tin dvd version and a blue ray.

11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    star wars 1-6. must have at least 7 versions of each.....

12. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Ernest Goes To Camp

13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

My most owned film is Jurassic Park. Have both a dusty VHS and a DVD. I don't really go beyond one copy of a film both because I see no reason to have more than one copy unless the copy I got is outdated (such as the Jurassic Park VHS) and am not that big of a movies/television buff. I think that I have two copies of Evil Dead, too.

14. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's actually a draw between the original Star Wars trilogy and Ghostbusters 1 and 2.

15. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably LotR trilogy. I know I have it on DVD and Blu-ray.

16. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

The LOTR trilogy and Watchmen

17. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I believe it's the Indiana Jones films on VHS and DVD.

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

We've purged most VHS copies of films, however as most Blu-Rays include the DVD you're going to have at least two of any film purchased in the recent years. That being said I currently own the most copies of Lilo & Stitch, I have the original DVD release and the DVD Blu-Ray two pack which included the sequel Lilo & Stitch 2 Stitch Has a Glitch, which I got from Costco for 10$ because I wanted the sequel which I still hadn't picked up yet.

19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Star Wars (original trilogy) and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. For Star Wars, I used to own all but Revenge of the Sith on VHS. Then, I got them all on DVD. I wore out some of the DVDs, and then bought the Blu Rays to replace the ones that wouldn't play. I have the first two Lord of the Rings movies on VHS. I have the theatrical edition DVD for Fellowship, and I have the extended editions of Two Towers and Return of the King on DVD (which obviously include the theatrical edition as well).

20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Probably Indiana Jones trilogy (yech to Crystal Skull), LotR, and the original Star Wars trilogy. Conan the Barbarian and Excalibur are favorites of mine too. I also have two copies of TF4: AoE (English and the Japanese versions) not because I like the movie (far from it; I thought it was tediously boring and ranked nearly as badly as ROTF) but because the US version was on sale and included a nice Grimlock t-rex (ridden by Optimus) statue that was a free extra bonus, while the Japanese version was necessary to purchase an Amazon.co.jp exclusive (more screen accurate repaint) Voyager Hound figure.