So what do you think.......

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Is the best Tformers toyline to have ever come out? Honestly since I started collecting in 2007, I have to say Rotf through HFTD. Only because it seems like they knew what they were doing with the toys. They weren't cheap and actually felt like cool action figures. This I my opinion. So whats everyone eles's?

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Classics, Classics 2.0, Generations, and all that. Henkei and Transformers United by extension.

I **LOVE** the classic G1 characters, and I love how Classics has re-imagined them in more modern form. I've liked other Transformers lines before, but my no.1 love is and will always be CHUG, hands down.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated. Almost all the toys were good. They were accurate and had simplistic yet fun transformations. And it was back when the gimmick and action features were actually accurate to the characters instead of being SUPER MECH TECH LIGHT UP AUTOMORPH slapped on.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Anything between late movie (2007/AllSpark Power) to the tail end of RtS/HFTD. Those were great times to be a collector, almost everything was a great toy in those days.

5. AutobotJazz1

Nice. I just really want to know how earlier toylines did with you guys. Since I missed out on em.

6. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just started collecting this year so I don't have a whole lot of different lines, but I think I have to agree on ROTF and HFTD. I only have a handful of them, but they are some of the more impressive looking, feeling, and transforming Transformers I have.

7. AutobotJazz1

Nice. When I started collecting in 2007 they had a few unique modes like Salvage in my opinion. Bumblebee and Ironhide also. I felt like they couldve done better with Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide. But yes though Rotf through HFTD had the best unique modes. Bludgeon took the cake in my plate.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Masterpieces. By far, they are superior.

9. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

G1. I liked Transformers growing up but only had 2 toys. I started collecting TF's during Armada and have collected just about every line at some point or another except G1. G1 was always too expensive and expansive of a line for me to collect and now that I'm pretty hardcore of a Mini-Con collector my focus & funds end up there. Yet as the co-owner of a secondhand shop I've found myself experiencing more and more G1 toys. Is it rose colored glasses? Could be.. might be a rose colored Astronaut helmet I'm looking through, who knows. One thing is for certain, G1 toys are awe inspiring and possess a magic and wonder that make them a thrill to behold. Truly something special. I feel the same way when I get a new Mini-Con for my personal collection especially something rare I'd been hunting a long time but Mini-Cons aren't a toy line they're a subgroup. G1 for the win:) 

10. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. I may have been on a hiatus when Classics came out, but man starting up again these have been my main addiction. There have been some duds sure, but there have been so many others that were just full of awesome. Cyclonus is just one example. Man I just love that figure enough to hunt down those crazy exclusives.

I'd also with ROTF through reveal the shield or HFTD whichever came first. I'm not huge on movie toys, but they did have quite a few nice molds.

11. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

My favs would have to be;
    1) Masterpiece
    2) G1
    3) Binaltech

I grew up with G1, still got a truckload from my childhood, so I really enjoy picking up figures from that line that I wanted as a kid, and the Masterpiece line is exactly the sort of thing I used to dream about when I was young, as in a fully detailed representation of toon-accurate figures. It is literally the line I've waiting twenty-odd years for, I hope it runs for another twenty!

12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I have a fondness for RiD and Armada. RiD/Car Robots was a wonderful "best of" series, showcasing all the lines and many of major gimmicks of those lines. It had cars, jets, beasts, combiners, a Headmaster, and representatives from G1, G2, Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines.

Armada, for all the flak it catches because of the show, was a wonderfully experimental line. Apart from Minicon compatibility, every figure had a different gimmick or feature. Some worked, some didn't, but Hasbro and Takara were trying lots of different things, and the line, whatever other flaws it had, at least had lots of variety. Only ROTF, with some of the novel altmodes (biplane, toaster, etc.) comes close.

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

G1 all the way for me.I just can't get enough of them.

14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    My favorite lines would have to be G1, Classics, and Masterpiece. The latter is hitting it out of the park here lately. I cannot wait to get Soundwave, perfect does not even begin to descibe him.

15. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Maybe the first LA movie. Great times.

16. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

Generations all the way

17. AutobotJazz1

Only thung u never kijed about G1 was that it was liw tsch......

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron/Galaxy Force.

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    The greatest has to be G1. Nothing has been bigger or badder since.

20. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Animated. I was just messing with the Dinobots this morning, and I was reminded hiw awesome they are (Swoop in particular).