So, we will never know...

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Arashistorm, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been absent from the PRIME forums for a bit, so excuse me if this discussious was brought up elsewhere.

Anyways, when Megatron raided the Prime's tomb and took his arm, we were all wondering what Prime it was...some were saying it couldn't be previous Prime's we knew about in the aligned continuity like Sentinel Zeta (because of the lack of matrix) but also that it couldnt be one of the thirteen, since they were titans and also were mostly off world.

So now that Prime has cut off Megatron's arm and Megatron doesn't see a need to own a Prime arm anymore without the forge (which is probably gone in the base's destruction), do you think we'll never find out ever and it iwll be forgotten (probably like the relics left behind on cybertron) or will the design of that prime come into the show at one point or another and we'll see?

2. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    why would we actually need to know who's arm it is if it's not necessary for the plot?

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With how this show is going I'll be surprised if they even mention it in season 3.

4. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Because Primes as a whole have a prominent role in this series' backstory and the original 13 keep coming up as the series progresses.

Secondly, with all the name drops we've been getting this season (Wheeljack naming the wreckers, Smokescreen introducing Alpha Trion's existance at one point), why shouldn't they mention the Prime that Megatron stole the arm from?

The whole 'new arm' thing didn't really contribute to the plot either...Megatron only resorted to it to create a sword the inexplicably broke the star saber but couldn't do it again--and him attaching the prime arm kind of contridicted 'needing to be a prime' to use such relics...since in essence, he still wasn't a prime.

So I figure if they're going to go that far, they might as well name drop a Prime to give us an idea of whose tomb is still on Cybertron. It's the least they can do considering that if there are multiple tombs there, there are many other questions that can be asked (like why that Prime's arm and not another's? etc etc).

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    It's probably Sentinel Zeta since Megatron would know where he was buried.

I don't think having the Matrix is what makes the Primes be able to use those weapons. Otherwise, only Prima and Optimus would have ever been able to use those things.

6. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree totally! hence the title...it's just kind of annoying that certain things are ignored...but then I will give it to the writers for giving a reason as to why all the relics were on earth. So there's still hope... albeit low, for an explanation or a name

7. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    That makes sense, from what we've seen, but then what makes a Prime a Prime, other than name alone? Like, outside of the original 13 (who were holy in their own way and can probably get away with having a mystical power or w.e), what about the successive primes after that? If Prime is like a class--it just seems weird-- that amputation and give you the power necessary to be such a thing..

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

You're putting too much thought into this. This show will explain trivial things like Fowler not needing a pilot suit or whatever, but it won't explain why having a rusted corpse hand will let you use magic items. Some things you just let go man.

9. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    That the show will likely not explain. I'd just take it at face value that having "Prime" in your name makes you get weapons of mass destruction.

10. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've accepted that there won't be/most likely wont' be an explanation on the 'Prime status' becoming available through limbs exchanging, but I really want a name drop or something for the arm Megatron stole...just because...meh though.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We've gone this far without the show telling us who's arm it was so my gut feeling is that they aren't going to tell us in season 3 when new things will need explaining instead.

Maybe we will find out if they do commentary for the episode on the DVD release or perhaps they would answer the question if someone asks it a panel that takes fans questions.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron's Prime arm was severed and on Cybertron so we ain't going to know who it was ever.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:

Well played, sir. Well played lol

15. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

It could still be Sentinel Prime's arm. In the Exodus novel the Core of Cybertron tells Optimus Prime that Sentinel hadn't been worthy of the Matrix for a long time, not that he had never been worthy. It's very possible that the Core deemed Sentinel Prime worthy to hold the Matrix at some point but simply took it back when Sentinel started failing in his duties as Prime.
    IIRC Sentinel became Prime by repelling a Quintesson invasion. It's likely that could have made him Matrix worthy in the eyes of the Core.

So that, plus the fact that the arm matches many depictions of Sentinel Prime's colour scheme leads me to believe that it's his arm.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Since that Prime is dead, I'm betting he was an old guy like Vector Prime but not a warrior like Optimus.