So No Ferrarris or Porsches in Transformers...cuz of profit margins?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, May 24, 2009.

1. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Fictional war is awesome. Real war, where real people with families and lives are dying, is not awesome. Did you think the Vietnam War was awsum?

2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Wait, wait... Audi is owned by Volkswagen? Then... if that's true... does that mean they're giving Revenge of The Fallen a chance for their brand, to see what happens?

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe. That means Lamborghini could be on the horizon! :D 

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you admit that you didn't even read your own script?!

Now that's some confidence!

P.S. the ONLY GM ACCEPTED thing is darn true, even if you want to moan so much you won't accept it, Hasbro's Alternator line couldn't use many vehicles as Transformers due to Volks and Co. saying no.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for the record look at the toy for sideways and Dead End

no badges and they remove the trademark side vents so clearly they don't mind the film but toys I'm guessing they drew the line. Not the most silly licensing issue ever I might add.

Also I'd like people to put aside this idea that Ferrari and other big name cars are some how superior. Fact is they aren't any more and the price tag is mostly for the brand. Just look at the GTR and ZR1 in their price brackets their the kings and both can take down cars that are sold for 3 times as much.

but again its clear the peeps who are nerd raging over this clearly are not car people and their just brand whores I guess

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention earlier on. Most people spell "Ferrarri" without the last r.

The toy of Sideways has no Audi logo on the hood, and the back is different as well. It's no longer an R8 but a car that looks rather like one.

I'd hazard a guess that Audi have some form of autonomy from VW. Something that may be particularly important now that VW are under Porsche control, a company against whom Audi are direct competitors in some respects.

7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Afaik, VW and Audi are basically 'family' .... for several VW Passat & Audi A4 lines shared a lot of the same technology & even chassis parts.

In a way the Spanish brand Seat is also 'family'... several models almost looked identical to VW's Bora model.

Anyway, if they are too 'affraid' to license their cars because of the WW2 background, then maybe French & Italian brands might be an option. The Peugeot 407 Coupe really looks great imo.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Hey now, the French and Indian War was the shitznit.

9. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

The most delicious part is someone with the name "Conceptron" has no concept of how things work.

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This is truth.

11. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Sadly, there is no way to prove this but I give you my WORD, that I took three days at most to write it.

I was just trying to prove what Orci and Kurtzmann are doing to this great creation, by thinking up a story that took them two seconds...for a MULTI MILLION MOVIE WATCHED BY THOUSANDS.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    How about the Caveman-Giant bison war?

13. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

can some1 tell me what's goin on in here?

14. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I've got that one on tape.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I guess my question is...So what? Look I'm not a big fan of the writing either, but the film could have been a lot worse. It could have been LXG or Fantastic Four 2 worse. This great creation is designed to sell toys. Could they have told a better story? Absolutely, but right now Transformers is making itself into a movie franchise. If it takes Michael Bay to get that done, so ten to twenty years from now we get TDK of Transformers...well, I'm patient and will enjoy the ride. Perhaps you should be too.

16. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you just now finding about out this? Honestly? You say "it would seem" as if this wasn't the status quo that we've openly known since, what, 2006?

Michael Bay's job isn't to go over-budget. It's to make a movie with the resources he has. Large corporations (and I mean every large corporation, including Hasbro/Takara, etc.) exist to make a profit. Expecting them to actively work against their own financial self-interest because it would be really, really nice of them to read your mind and know what type of crippling decisions you would like them to make is never going to happen. Don't be delusional.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but Porsches, Ferraris, and other "truly great cars" will never give me the feeling of "walking down the street and seeing cars that I saw in the latest Transformers movie". Volkswagons, maybe, but never the high-end luxury cars one imagines when discussing Porsches and Ferraris.

And what are the sales figures for General Motors outside of the U.S.? Zero? Interesting, I never knew that.

I really don't get how you can complain, knowing what you obviously know. Movie-threatening financial problems and a complete lack of cooperation with the companies that would need to sign off prevent us from having your Porsche/Ferrari/Volkswagon fetish sated. If you have anyone to blame it would be those car companies, not Michael Bay.

17. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

LOL! Snipped for idiocy, but this sentence is the kicker.

Conceptron, dear, nothing ever happened to it. It has always been a bad idea to run roughshod with someone else's money. :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

But, but, but...Conceptron is the gift that keeps on giving. Must you begrudge us this by chastising her.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dang it! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Almost two years after the release of TF1 and weeks away from the premier of the sequel and you courageously continue your crusade. Young lady, we need more fine citizens like you.

Prove it? Why do you want to prove it. Your Conceptron! That should be all the proof anybody needs.

MMMMMMM...tempting, but NAH!

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its actually even more then that

the mk4 golf chassis is used in alot of VW cars like the new beatle, TT, A3, loen, etc etc etc also their engines are pick and mixed out of a parts bin like most of the interior fittings

20. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sigh*
    The closer the movie's release date gets the more trolls crawl back out of the woodwork for another attempt.