So, I've begun to watch Beast Wars...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Sep 16, 2012.

1. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away

The show was also helped by the fact that it originally aired on UPN, which had looser rules about what was appropriate to show children. Remember when Fox Kids got hold of it, they would cut out certain things, like Rhinox's Chainguns o'Doom, any scene of Inferno making a bot BUUUUURRRRN, and they added fade-outs to cover up the impact of blows during hand to hand fighting.

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This made me laugh. So. Hard. :lolol 

Anyway, I just finished the first episode of Beast Machines. Boy, it's going to take me a while to get used to the new designs. TBH, I don't like them, but I will keep watching.
    Another thing I noticed- they don't "transform" as much as they do "morph".

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Awesome! Beast Wars The Complete Series just arrived today (it was supposed to arrive this coming Wednesday)!

4. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Do you have eidetic memory?I still remember the code of Kre-O Scorponok that I bought on Thursday August,23 at about 8:30 pm(and lost). at my local Walgreens.Its code number is 315111.

5. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

You're right that there are mostly boy TF fans but the are girls to here , but lets just face it,it is plain and stupid for a(teenager or grownup) to cry about a show.Leave that to a little kid whos' favorite pony died in a show or something.Can I ask somebody this,why was I one of the only ones that didn't cry in class when we talked about bullying?

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I read the prequel comic it came with last night. Pretty cool!

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Staff Edit - 2005 Staff

Obviously I agree. It's a scene of intense emotional turmoil. Anyone who doesn't feel something (assuming they are interested in the series at all) just isn't right. I have ZERO issues with my manhood and admitting that scene at the end makes me cry every single time. Not hysterical bawling, but at least a single tear every time.

Only children are afraid to admit they cry. It's only when you are a child when you feel that admitting that something moved you is a negative thing. Once you grow up you realize that you can be who you are and it doesn't matter if some random person thinks less of you.

Staff Edit - 2005 Staff

8. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Let's just try to ignore the little kid clamoring for attention here. Pardon my language, but he's not making any sense and he's just acting like a douche. I don't want him to ruin this thread.

It came with a comic? I had no idea.

EDIT: Oh, it comes it Dawn of Future's Past. Nevermind.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Have you seen the prequel video about the golden disc?

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Wise idea. My apologies.

I didn't love Dawn of Future's Past (if I've even read it completely). I didn't like the idea that Tigatron and Airrazor were running around before being protoforms.

11. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Neither did I. It just seemed kinda forced, but I guess that they had to incorporate both toys (as Tigatron and Airazor got figures that year) into the comic somehow.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Yeah, Tigatron and Airazor being there seemed forced and stupid.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what- live action stuff rarely, rarely makes me cry or even tear up. Animated stuff does. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because I know the actors in live action stuff will just go on to do other projects and I'll see them around again. But cartoon characters like Dinobot and Transmutate (and others that I won't spoil) are gone for good when they die.

I don't know. Maybe it's because cartoons still treat death like a big deal as opposed to live action stuff where people get offed all the time with little regard. So many movie and TV shows today revolve around death so much, that it becomes part of the landscape instead of a pivotal moment.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Fucking perfect statement right there.

15. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I really did like the little thing with Optimus and Protoform X. The little hints that Optimus was involved in it. Really, never thought he was until I looked at the comic and remembered what Depth Charge said in his debut episode.

Definitely.

16. Slyest Fox

Slyest Fox Well-Known Member

See, I actually like to believe all the protoforms did have lives on Cybertron prior to Beast Wars. If coming out of stasis pods is literally how people are born then that's... weird, and doesn't explain why Cheetor is portrayed as a youth in comparison to people like Tigatron and Silverbolt. I think just the crashing of the stasis pods screwed with their memories, and they're just amnesiac.

So for that reason I liked Tigatron and Airazor's role. All in all, I was fine with Dawn of Future's Past although I found the Razorclaw bits lame, and felt that the whole thing was just rather workmanlike and not super revelatory.

17. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

If we're talking about Beast Wars comics, allow me to just say that the unfinished universe comics set after Beast Machines were extremely forced and insulting to Beast Machines. It was just trying to dry the tears of those who hated Beast Machines.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It doesn't help that they never made a pre-bw Tarantulas, Terrorsaur or Scorponok figures.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely. Those comics represent fan-pandering at its worst. I'm a harsh critic when it comes to the BW comics though- I don't think any of them are good. They tend to miss the mark when it comes to all the elements that made the show good.

20. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    tigatron was probably done for money reasons, since they could use the same mold twice.