So is it time to give up finding FE Prime at TRU?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    As the title reads, do you guys think it is time to give up on good old Prime at TRU?

Up to this point I was holding out because of the paint issues with the BBTS release, but the more time ticks by, and the fact that this has 0 sightings in the US so far pretty much is sealing the deal that the FE Voyager figures will not be released in the states.

So is it time to give up?

2. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Every TRu I've been to the past two weeks Didn't have them, let alone know what they were

3. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    They're just not out yet.

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Yeah, I'm a little worried I won't be able to use that TRU Groupon too :tongue: 

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went to my TRU for the first time in several months on Friday, and their TF section was miserable, even worse than I expected it to be... they had fairly old TFP Deluxes (no new ones), still some DOTM figures, still some old Generations figures (but no GDOs aside from one Voyager), and no FEs aside from the two-pack. They did have one of each of the MPs, though, which was a bit surprising.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hear you, but the problem is 2 fold.

1- If they are not out by Christmas, TRU will not order them to come in. Between Jan-Apr all that TRU will do is try to sell their overstock of unsold figures.

2- Being that this is a collectors line and that Prime will no longer exist as we know it, I don't see them stocking the Prime Toys and the Beast Hunter toys on the same shelf.

I mean, they didn't even stock the FE figures with the PRiD figures last year. So there is no chance in hell FE Voyagers are being stocked with Beast Hunter toys.

Especially since there won't be any sales to clear out said Voyagers.

Only question I have is, has there ever been any TRU exclusives who made it to the shelves at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross?

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Actually, yes.

The Cybertronian Warriors pack made it to the overstock stores.

It's also one of the only TRU exclusives I've EVER seen clearanced in my life. It was actually a pretty good set. Definitely the best version of Cyberverse Ironhide, and the Barricade and Crankcase were pretty cool.

Helps that I live in DC and they're painted after DC police cars.

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    My tru has tons of FE Arcees, Cliffjumoers, and vehicles. Which is weird, because my TRU sucks

9. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I have only seen Arcee once and I make the trip there every week. I would say yes.

10. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    If you're talking Voyagers, I'd say yes...since I haven't seen any sightings on the board for those yet.

In my State, two TRU's have received their FE Deluxe figures. One around the middle of October, and the other a month later.

So either your store is being hit by scalpers/collectors...or they are way behind in ordering/receiving orders.

BBTS still have them available though...but the Voyager figures have QC issues that you probably know of.

11. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'm not worried. My local TRU currently has Generations, DotM, PRiD, First Edition, and GDO deluxes as well as PRiD and GDO voyagers and DotM HAs (big and small) so it's not unheard of to see multiple lines on the shelves at once. When the first movie toys came out in June 2007, there were still 10th Anniversary Beast Wars toys and Cybertron ultras and deluxes in stores.

It's easy to panic when we're eagerly anticipating a new release. The fact that just three weeks ago people were paying $200+ for Hasbro MP Prime and insisting that the initial run of one or two cases per store was THE ONLY ONES we were getting is testament to that (now look at the cases sitting on top of shelves and all the reports of 15-20 MP Primes at single stores). I'm fairly confident in most cases it's just a matter of when they'll show up. The FE voyagers were specifically brought back for the US market as TRU/BBTS exclusives, so those retailers have already committed to selling them. The extent to which they'll show up in stores will vary, with some stores getting many with frequent restocks and others just a case at a time, but they will show up.

One thing that helps is to talk to other members and see if they'll hook you up. Collectors tend to be really competitive, but the hobby can be so much more rewarding when we're not trying to trample over each other to get first dibs on toys. Me? I'm only looking for Bulkhead, so FE Prime can go to another home at cost plus shipping. I'll even throw in the gift receipt so the buyer can return/exchange him if needed. All somebody has to do is ask nicely. Point is, it's a little early to panic.

12. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The Only TRU FE's I've seen were the Deluxes

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    The longer TRU US go w/o stocking these, the more likely it would seem to be they ordered not many, and that you're going to get the exact same items as BBTS, complete with stress marks and missing paint.

IF they turn up at TRU....
    Both are fixable though.

at this point, should probably just buy them from BBTS and be done with it, the combined price doesn't seem to be far removed from retail.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yup. Give up now.

Seriously though, I'd just order the FE Prime from BBTS. Paint issues can be fixed for the most part, no?

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    luckly for me we have them here in Guatemala

16. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    While I see your point, it is valid. Though I tend to disagree. I work at a ToysRus store. They don't clearance off everything they don't sell before Christmas after the holidays. It will not dictate weather or not they order them. It just a matter of when.
    They could be ready to go our now, just not because their getting the next "next truck" treatment.

Though, I feel First Editions COULD be stocked with Beast Hunters, as the "definitive" versions on shelves of the previous looking characters. Actually makes some sense. Though that's not God send.

Also I don't know! I could be wrong, but I feel like maybe let's just chill and wait to hear/see something, is all. I appreciate your opinion, though, it's founded.

17. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

TRU? Don't ever walk in EXPECTING to find anything! Just take what you can when you can.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah in Canada that was ages ago. I forgot the last time i saw a FE figure that wasn't Bumblebee.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hm. Maybe. If you want one though, I can sell you mine. (opened)

20. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    ive had no trouble getting the prime line from tru, the only one i havent bought there is breakdown, and that is for the obvious reason