Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by JackKnife, Jan 29, 2023.
Top G of all time cant wait to see it, power master prime i’m guessing?
Your making a battle mode for Optimus prime... Out of wood. It's beautiful
Also which op is that?
Mp 01 from what i can tell
Yup, it's going to be Powermaster Prime. And that is MP-01Plus (my custom MP-01 rebuilt to more closely match the look of MP-44, within material and design limits).
The idea is to build the Powermaster trailer using the original version as a guide (with input from the back of the box artwork as well as the Magnus Prime version (Titans Return, I think). I'm also planning a Hi-Q figure that will attach to the cab in some manner without needing to modify the grill.
Yeah, this is gonna be a BIG boy alright... but in some ways, that makes things easier.
Still working on this folks; right now, figuring out the waist/ pelvis joints and the trailer/ main body interface with the cab.
If your struggling with joints, I'd recommend Lego ball joints with a friction adder piece. Excited to see how this works out!
If you dont mind i’d really like to see that modified Optimus prime
Normally I would, but at this size I think they wouldn't take the strain.
Of course; here's the entire project, including the trailer, artillery/ combat mech, transforming Roller, Deck Gun and Autogunner minibot:
I know the project looks a bit rough here and there; time and my skills (I suffered a TBI back in 2007) limit what I can do. But this is just a sample of what to expect with the Powermaster Trailer.
Stay tuned folks...
Now this made my day! This is amazing!
Did you use foam board? Transforming roller is awesome and the pop out turret is a cool addon this is really good I wanna do things like this!
For the trailer, I used two plastic "tilt bins" that I removed the bins and dividers from, trimmed to the correct width and used door hinges to fasten to the main deck. Meantime, for the artillery mech I carved the body out of wood, did a "heat and smash" mod of the canopy using clear plexiglass and a wooden mold, and mounted it on two G1 Ultra Magnus trailer arms plastic-welded end to end:
Roller began life as Transformers Cybertron Clocker, to which I simply added on sheet styrene and the wheels from a broken Transformers Armada "bendy" Optimus Prime:
The stabilizer arms for the trailer were legs taken from a junked Alternators Battle Ravage (2004), and added to using scrap pieces of styrene and salvaged parts of a KO Dairugger XV (Vehicle Voltron), specifically the leader of the Land Team (black thingy towards the back in the pic, next to the big yellow and red one):
(Note: pic courtesy of CollectionDX)
The rear wheels on the trailer were taken from a junked MP-01 that a friend had sent me in order to fix Prime's knees, while Roller's hand pistols were from the Built To Rule series (which also contributed the armature that the pop-up screens and MASER Deck Cannon were attached to). The MASER Cannon (the HUGE honkin' gun that comes out of the deck) was from an old Gundam kit and a few other kits. Most everything else was scratched together, using Devcon/ Permatex Plastic Welder to build it all.
UPDATE: nothing too earth-shattering, just starting the joints for the knees:
I'm not counting on the wood alone to hold the bolts for the joints; that said, after I drill the holes, I will be oversizing them as to put in plastic sleeves that will provide some resistance as well as mechanical isolation of the metal from the wood. Another panel will be added to the inside of the leg so the knee joint won't merely be "floating" on one end and add stress to one part of the wood.
The plan is to overbuild the joints and reinforce where I even think too much stress may occur; we'll see what happens. I just didn't want anyone to think I had forgotten about this.
UPDATE: had to slow down on drilling the joints, as I need to change gears here and buy some wood glue to hold the wood together where the bolts will actually go. Meantime, I'm still cutting components for this; the waist/ pelvis is largely cut and just needs to be permanently fixed together.
On another note: the lower legs looked a tad too short to me, so I added some materials to them to bulk them out. Here's a "slap-together " of the parts I have so far:
I put MP-01Plus in the pic for scale, with a 12 inch ruler in the second to give you an idea of how long a foot is in this.I estimate this project will be about 18-20 inches or so, amongst the biggest I've ever done.
Oh, I remember that one! The idea of remaking the MPM01 design to cartoon accuracy, with the bonus of being from the older, but bigger MP scale is quite impressive since it achieves the look without having the painstakingly transformation of the 3.0/Sunbow mold. Sure, paint looks kinda rough on the photos, but the truck's fixed front cab and the amount of detailing put to reference the G1 toy decals on the trailer made a lot of difference. Great hopes on how the Powermaster suit will end up looking!
Thanks! I plan on fixing the paint the first opportunity I get; just a matter of finding the right metallic red that doesn't have that "dull" look to it. Also, moving a few times since I built it did a number as well.
Yeah, diecast parts on TFs are just a magnet for paint chipping, pretty hard to keep it intact even from transforming it.
(Owner of an War Within Prime figure here, which also I have to find better paints which stick better on metals...)
Yeah; I'll probably redo the paint when I paint the trailer, so it matches overall. Then I'll repaint parts of the classic trailer so everything is consistent.
Then I'll paint the walls, and my fingers, and my nose, and the windows...BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! *cough sputter groan!!!*
Sorry... painting can get me a little mental at times...
Separate names with a comma.