So how big is Unicron exactly?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Proud Nintendo, May 29, 2020.

1. Proud Nintendo

Proud Nintendo Well-Known Member

His size tends to... vary I've noticed. It's pretty obvious that the scale of a planet sized Transformer, like he's capable of standing on Cybertron, but then in certain images, he's depicted as holding the Earth in the palm of his hand.

So... is size changing a thing? I mean, he is a Dark God so...

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    What continuity are we talking about? You can't make an across the board answer for him any more than you could for any other character.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unicron is exactly 1 Unicron tall/wide/heavy.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Balance

Obviously, Prime Unicron and Movie Unicron are the size of the Earth, not that it matters considering we never see either of them transform.
    Marvel Unicron was presumably supposed to be the same size as Cybertron, which was supposedly around the size of Saturn in Marvel G1.

G1 Cartoon Unicron is anyone's guess.

IDW Unicron actually grew in size until he could hold Earth in the palm of his hand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Nobody will likely give you anything other than generic responses so here are all the specific sizes I can provide:

In animated G1 continuity scale charts for Transformers The Movie show that Cybertron and Unicron are larger than Mercury but smaller than Mars in diameter. According to production info from Floro Dery, Unicron was modeled on Saturn and we also know that each orb in his rings is intended to be Earth-sized, indicated a much larger size than the film's size charts show. Lastly, in Japan publication Hobby Japan, Unicron in robot mode is juxtaposed next to the planet Jupiter for comparison.

For Marvel continuity, Cybertron is the size of Saturn and Unicron is similarly sized.

In Dreamwave, judging by the Ultimate Guide, Cybertron and Unicron remain in scale with the Marvel iterations: Saturn-sized.

In Dreamwave Armada continuity, Cybertron is smaller than Earth and so would Unicron be. I didn't calculate the diameter but I can provide the reference if needed.

In the Unicron Trilogy, it's up in the air. Nothing indicates Cybertron's size exactly but we do know Unicron disguised itself as Cybertron's moon in Armada. In the Cybertron series the planet Gigantion was supersized thanks to the power of the cyber keys so perhaps that would indicate most other planets were regular sized while that one became saturn-sized. Then again in one episode its readings had the Autobots initially thinking it was a star or a supernova so yeah...

In the FunPub Cybertron comic, Unicron is no bigger than a big Transformer, becoming a tank. Though this tank body was forged by collapsing a victim world his essence landed on, effectively making him a planet shrunken to the size of a tank.

In the Bayverse, Unicron is Earth. In TF Prime Unicron is the Earth's core.

Lastly, in IDW comics, Unicron grew exponentially by eating the Transformer colony worlds. The largest size he's recorded in-universe is being compared to an entire solar system.

It's also worth noting that in most continuities, Unicron can either eat planets to increase his size and power, or integrate himself said planet effectively making them his new bodies such as in Beast Wars Neo, Marvel UK stories and an episode of the G1 cartoon. And considering Unicron has killed countless timelines/universes... it's not impossible he's devoured and outgrown entire universes and timespace continuums.

• Like Like x 6
  6. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    27 inches tall, apparently. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In G1 Cartoon, he is only a few miles tall. It varies by shot. The Dinobots flew from down below him, up over him and down to his butt very quickly. In season 3, they show them interacting with his head and his head on Cybertron. He has humans proportions so compare their size to his head and now use that scale next to your own head. Figure the average Transformer is 20-30 feet tall.

In the cartoon, Cybertron is a pretty small planet. Easy to see how it compares to Earth when Megatron brought it into orbit. When on Cybertron, you can often see the curvature of the planet when really close to the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well hes a planet and soon to be a giant figure. Which i missed out on but hoping that Hasbro gives people another chance that couldnt make the money in time. I really want to own a copy of this figure but only time will tell and the powers that be at the big H will tell all in time I'm sure.

9. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 IПƧƬΛПᄃΣ ΛBЯΣΛᄃƬIӨП

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    In most continuities? About the size of Cybertron, which, in most continuities, is about the size of Saturn.

10. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

he's the size of a planet. He's made of metal so probably pretty heavy to

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s a bit horrifying.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram: