So does anyone have pics of TF's in toy aisles from the 80s

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FreshDebesh, Aug 24, 2010.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Can't imagine why. I had the damnedest time just getting retail when I sold on eBay. On the flip side, I don't shop on eBay anywhere near as much as I used to and it's _never_ my first stop for current products. "I bought everything at Target to flip for profit on eBay" sounds like "I put this screen door on my submarine to keep owls out electric yellow brain banana."

• Like Like x 1
  2. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

We will never see that type of stock again, until we start chopping off the hands of resellers (figuratively, if possible). It needs to be illegal to purchase a product at retail for the purpose of reselling it. It's too lucrative, too compelling, and too toxic for society.

Have anyone really ever been far even as decided to go want to look more like?

• Like Like x 2
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Sounds more like a stroke. Anybody else smell burnt toast?

4. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    This. Needs to be world wide law.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Looks like we both have the same memories. I can't recall a time as a kid when I went to TRU and didn't find what I was looking for. In that training video 18 seconds in, I remember the Transformers section at my local TRU looking just like that; minibot figures just popping off the pegs: All versions of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, Brawn, Huffer, Gears, etc. Everything was equally-packed and there were no store exclusives to drive up prices.

Way back before Fry's was an electronic store, it was a grocery store that sold Transformers and GI Joe in their toy aisles. I remember seeing a TON of Jetfire figures and other deluxe figures on the shelves and they were always fully-stocked. A far cry from what we see in Target and Walmart today.

• Like Like x 1