So...does anyone else like the Universe Galvatron mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZeroEdge, Jul 28, 2010.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Very much so XD
    Really have no idea how that happened.. o.o

AHEM
    on subject XD
    I kind of think the mold sucks... he falls apart if you breathe on him, and his a-symmetry Failllzzzz.
    I'm modding him to be better... but... even with what I've done thus far, he still sucks HasBlow

2. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I like him, shame about his size, but I still like him

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Well, my Universe Galvatron arrived this morning (courtesy of FatMick Prime) and I can kinda see where the complaints are coming from, especially the joints. But I only buy a Transformer if I'm sure I'll like his robot mode - as I only collect the Transformers I like from the series/movies - so if the robot mode looks like the character, then I'm just as pleased as punch. Universe Galvatron pretty much fulfils this requirement, but whilst I love his tank mode I am never transforming him back ever again. The size doesn't really matter to me as I tend to go for smaller Transformers anyway due to space constraints, so he fits in with the rest of my collection perfectly.

Oh, and he's one of the few figures I own whose light-piping actually works. He's standing on my bedroom windowsill now looking very threatening and glowy and stuff.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I was one of the few who actually got one with no QC issues. So mine doesn't fall apart on me at all. :p 

I'll agree, it's a flawed design, but I think a lot of the bashing of the figure is unfair. It seems it was doomed with a wide spread case of bad QC, add that to the few notable issues with the design and it was enough to sour most of the fandom's opinion of it overall.

I think for what it is, it's a fine transformer. And he looks great standing next to Universe Cyclonus. I'm looking forward to Generations Scourge so I can complete the trio.

5. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I like it, but the figure has its flaws.

Like alota people in this thread, I didn't like the orange joints. But its not that big a deal for me. His feet annoy me. Very flimpsy and just weird looking.

In the early stages of design, galvatron was going to be a larger - a triple changing one at that. Hasbro's Transformers Q&A December 2008 - Raving Toy Maniac - The Latest News and Pictures from the World of Toys so alot of the fiddley bits are left overs of that.

I think to keep him in scale with the voyager prime and megatron, he should have been bigger.

We can always hope the future will bring us something bigger and better!

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i like the mold; the one glitch is the size; i agree, it's a very complex toy, and it would of been great if they hadn't taken the design, and shrunk it one size class, or two.

but all with that; it's not a bad toy. in my opinion :)  i mean it might fall apart yes, but it is still nice looking. :)  and fun to transform, even if it becomes more of a parts former :lol 

7. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I like him, aside from the size. I've had two and one was a floppy mess that could barely stay together.

I do like the sculpt though. The paint apps/orange pieces don't bother me at all.