So...does anyone else like the Universe Galvatron mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZeroEdge, Jul 28, 2010.

1. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a trick to the legs? I can't get mine to stand up, the back leg tabs like to sort of just flop back up which makes him fall. Is there a trick im missing? Honestly there's not a ton I can't get over save for the legs not really doing their job holding him up.

My QC was pretty good but the chest/head don't like to stay completely up. Its minor compared to the legs though.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I'll find out soon enough. I never bought it when it was originally released. But I did just put one in my order for the hell of it as I ordered my SDCC Mighty Muggs Prowl Monday morning. Figured it'd be something to make the shipping a little more worth it.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Maybe that's why I don't mind him, I have the Henkei version too. I've never had the Universe version to deal with the floppiness everyone's always on about.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Mine is fine, I dont find that he's all that floppy. There has been times when I'm transforming him that parts have popped off but they easily pop back on so it doesnt bother me. And I'm glad he's deluxe scale, he looks great with Cyclonus and hopefully with Scourge when he comes out. If he was a Voyager, I would not have bought him and he'd look way to big next to Cyclonus.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks ok in both modes. The problem with this little bugger is the transformation and all the flippy floppy pieces that keep falling off. There are somethings like the weird feet and the back kibble rocket pack thingies that are kind of too bad, but if you're planning on keeping the character standing on a shelf there is nothing wrong with him.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    yeah. Its good. The Gribbly mecha bits from the tank kibble help the overall look. And there are some neat Transformation steps. I like that you can flip the right hand out for the missile pod. The backpack makes for convinceing Anime Jet boosters.

Looking forward to the Repaint three pack that has him.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I haven't got this figure, but if it counts for anything, I'm going to buy him. Regardless of the negative aspects. Both modes look wicked and I'm sure I can forgive the shortcomings.

8. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

galvatron is my favortie character so for me, it's the worst action figure ever
    :horse: :deadhorse:  :lol 

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really like the Galvatron mold, actually. I don't mind the difficulty in transforming him.

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't want to transform him again (the instruction confused the hell out of me at the very first stage) but I like the mould a lot as a bot. Though I am not a big fan of Hasbro version's colour scheme (I have Henkei). The head sculpture is so badass, he looks he's forever in rage.
    [​IMG]

Glad to know he's not so universally hated.
    [​IMG]

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Atrocious QC. The orange bits are so spongy and the balljoints can't hold anything. He feels like a KO to me.

12. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think it's great. I would've preferred it to be a Voyager size for the sole purpose of accommodating a few of the joints better. I, however, don't have as much problems as some others have stated. Aesthetically, he looks great. His design and sculpting really shine.

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:

SydneyY dude! You really captured the essence of why I like this mold (though mine is the Universe one becuse I find the random silver turret kinda 'wierd'.

14. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    This is the Transformer that got me back into Transformers figures.

Sit down and let me tell you a little story: I had collected Beast Wars figures back in my younger days and had always loved the 86 movie. Yet, as I got older, my attention focused more on mature, grown up ventures (Pokemon and Gundam mostly.) However, once the Pokefad had died down a little and Gundam was taking a strange new direction, I found myself in need of some new diversion. Then one fateful afternoon in a Walmart, I noticed a few Transformers in the toy aisle. "Oh yeah," I recalled, "I liked those things" as I recounted the many hours I'd spent watching Beast Wars. And only $7? Why I couldn't resist this urge to splurge. But which one? Why there was Ironhide, a classic character now in the form of a stong looking SUV with an interesting weapon and Silverstreak, a fast looking almost 350z that I'd never heard of. Then there was Galvatron, the main villain from the 86 movie now incarnate via a tank with a huge orange turrent. How could I resist the more powerful reincaration of Megatron (that was voiced by Leonard Nimoy)? Well I purchased him and thanks to that little toy purchase, I now have over 200 Transformers.

To say I like this toy is an understatement. I know it's not the best figure around, but it defined how I would look at future Transformers (in terms of Transformation and pose ability). Thank you for your time.

15. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Aside from that secret 4th altmode (extreme battle damage), I have no complaints, even though size-wise it does seem a dowqngrade for Megatron. But when it comes to the character himself, this thing just oozes g1 Galvy as I remember him from the toon...cept now, instead of his circuits being in pieces, it's his 4th mode: Shattered Ass Galvatron! Just have him in pieces laying around as Rodimus aims his gun... makes a nice display scene and if I had a camera I'd take a pic. Hell, I can't wait for the 3 pack and hope it hits stateside.

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I think it's good, but I would've preferred of course, a Voyager sized figure. It would've definitely turned out to be a better figure. I bought the Henkei version; the paint job on the Hasbro version was just atrocious, and the one in the 3 pack is definitely even worse (don't know how they managed that). But ahh well. Here's to the idea of a Fansproject upgrade for this guy!!! :drunk 

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I. Do.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't love it as much as I wanted to, but I do like it ok. I wish it had been released as a Voyager as originally planned. Hopefully they'll do Galvatron again in another line.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Battle Blades Bumble Bee, which is one of the best movie figures I own. Or own in total...
    And PPC Huffer, who happens to be epic... can't wait for the Rally bots to be realeased, so I can make my make shift Stunticon

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wrong thread?