So...does anyone else like the Universe Galvatron mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZeroEdge, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Personally, I like the mold quite a bit...granted it's a bit small, but it fits in scale pretty perfectly with Classics Rodimus...I had a few issues with mine though, like how the right arm loves to fall off...

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I like it. I've always been amazed at the amount of bitching that goes on about it. My only issue if I had one would be its size. Galvy deserves at least a Voyager mold.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it, though I wouldn't call it my favorite. I think whether or not someone likes it is, at least partially, due to the QC of the Galvatron they have. Mine is pretty good, with nothing popping out at inopportune times.

Of course, the other reason to dislike the toy could be its size, and while I agree that the mold would have been much better at a bigger size class, I'm ok with what it is.

4. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    You can't drink that mold pretty...

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    It's such a fiddly figure that once a part pops off especially the arms you'll be lucky to get it back on and for it to stay there.

The arms and the fact its top heavy completely ruin it, in my opinion.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    While the mold does have QC issues I like it well enough. Really the only issue mine has are it's leg pegs not being 100% secure, as is common, but I can transform him back and forth without issue. He looks good in a crossed-arms pose, and looks even better with Cyclonus and Unicron.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
  8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

The transformation is terrible and some of the joints suck but the mold LOOKS amazing in both modes. I just leave him in bot mode so i dont have to transform him.

9. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I like him well enough, yes the arm does fall off but hes good for what he is.

Glad for the recent trend of deluxes as well, makes it easier on my wallet.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The only issue I have with mine is that his left arm (the non-cannon one) will always pop off during transformation, but it's an easy fix since it's on a simple ball joint. It's not even all that loose of a ball joint, I can pose it easy enough and it'll stay in place...it just likes to pop off when I transform him.

Other then that, and the size, I love the little bastard. He goes from badass looking tank to badass looking robot in an involved, slightly complex but pretty unique way. Most of his kibble folds up neatly out of the way, he has decent articulation and a massive cannon on his arm.

Though I agree that Galvatron should have had a bigger toy, Voyager at the least. But I actually prefer to think of Uni Galvy as Quake as opposed to Galvatron (just look at that face, it's totally the same as Uni Galv's!), it just works so perfectly I'm surprised we haven't seen it as an official repaint yet.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like it, it's not in my top 5 or anything, but it's ok

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never want to transform him again, and his posability is unacceptably limited. That said, he looks awfully mean on the shelf. And hell, I'm buying another one (mostly to get Rod and a second Cyclonus but still).

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My biggest issue is the horrible tacky looking little neon orange bits on the figure. Is is too much to ask them to switch it to purple or gray?

14. Ravage_Eject

Ravage_Eject Soundwave's Favorite

I like mine and haven't experienced any of the problems that most have, so I would say it is a decent figure! : )

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Galvatron was the only G1-themed new mold I didn't buy from Universe (I didn't buy the BW guys, but I did get Hot Shot in the form of Dion. And I bought several of the recolored Cybertron toys, but I wouldn't buy Galvatron). People keep saying "he'd have been better as a Voyager," but even if he was, I think I still would've been disappointed with him. As others keep pointing out, "he's a floppy mess," and I'm not sure if upscaling him would fix that, unless they completely re-engineered the joints his arms are on. Plus, I just really hate the way his legs look. I mean, that's the ACTUAL reason I didn't buy him. Because I think his legs just look stupid. The fact that I came to that conclusion, and THEN read a bunch of negative reviews of him, was enough to justify my decision.

16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I think he's alright. He would've look much better at voyager size. He's way too complex for a deluxe Transformer.

I had the Universe Galvatron and he was a floppy pos. My Henkei one is way better, no floppiness, and tighter joints.

17. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    I like him, the head scuplt is pretty good for being kind of small.

18. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I like the mold as a decoration/background piece, but I feel hasbro should have experimented with a voyager mold before they made it into a deluxe because I feel if the mold was on a bigger scale it would be easier to make it durable/ see the flaws. Kinda like how they did human alliance Bumblebee and then did HFTD battle blades bumblebee.

19. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I like it a lot. Mine is pretty loose and flimsy, which sucks, but I do like the look of the mold.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got one with good joints, and I absolutely love him. Would've been cooler as a Voyager, but at Deluxe scale, when it works, the engineering is doubly impressive. Absolutely love his right arm/turret transformation.

I do like him as a deluxe, though. Fits in with Cyclonus better, and the upcoming Scourge.

I think he's my favourite Universe 2.0 deluxe, gaining merits for an ambitious, creative design. While slightly limited in poseability, he looks absolutely badass.