So do we like RID2015 or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Mar 16, 2015.

?

How do you feel about RID2015 so far?

1. Love it.

79 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Like it.

90 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Indifferent.

40 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Dislike it.

33 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Is that what we call it?

I never knew that before.

2. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Not in my neck of the woods. Naughties. What i heard for 10 years

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Any new opinions?

I still love this show, if it maintains this high level of quality and charm, and continues to develop its story coherently without falling short where Prime did, I may call it my all time favorite TF series.

God, I wish this show was more accessible to children. My cousins (ages 5, 7 and 11) love this show, we watch it together every Sunday when it gets put on V.O.D.. It's perfect for them and sure to draw kids their age into the franchise, except CN really screwed RID15 over with the time slot and advertising... :redface2: 

Nonetheless, I'm enjoying it, and hopefully I'll be able to continue to enjoy it...

4. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Maybe I'm biased towards anything Japan, but for whatever reason I like Adventure more than RID, despite both of them being the exact same show. I guess it just pushes my "it's different so it's cool" button. Also, Adventure's opening is pretty good while RID's opening is horrendous. It sounds like someone's first remix if they were given five sound clips and fifteen minutes to work with. The robotic background voices and random guitar solo at the end conflict with the music, drowning it out and cancelling out an otherwise fair tune. They showed the long version of the opening in one episode (which didn't have all the extra noise mixed in) and never did it again, which is a shame because I prefer that version. I have to skip over the opening for every episode it's so bad. On another note, the ending theme for Adventure is hilariously amazing!

As for the show itself, I kinda have to pretend it's not Transformers to sorta enjoy it, but otherwise it's not doing anything for me. So much could have been done with the characters, but they all feel really flat to me. Strongarm and Sideswipe are salt and pepper, Grimlock is Knuckles from Sonic Boom, and I don't even know what to make of Fixit. I guess it's too early to make any major judgement but they don't feel like fully fleshed out characters. Bumblebee's running gag of coming up with cringe-worthy catchphrases is really not doing it for me. It has that "it wasn't funny the first time, so why do you think it will be the next twelve times" vibe. The standalone episodes themselves are okay, with some being better than others.
    Steeljaw, however, is an amazing villain. His lines are delivered in a way that makes him both sympathetic, but also untrustworthy by how charismatic he is. Animated Megatron came close, but Steeljaw's lines are delivered so well that it's hard to tell at first if he's really sincere about reforming. I'm also digging some of the Decepticon designs. (Springload, Filch, Clampdown, Thunderhoof...) I might just keep watching just for the Decepticons. I want to at least wait until the Windblade episode comes out, but given how the past two new Autobots only stayed for one episode I doubt she'll be a permanent member on the team.

5. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watched what's aired so far, and I've decided it isn't for me. The 'hunt of the week' is a tiresome plot line, the humor is redundant, and the characters hold very little appeal. It's also rather juvenile. I never got into Rescue Bots, and this isn't much above that show.
    Good for those that do like it, but I just can't watch any more.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm glad dislike was an option instead of hate since I don't hate the show but I don't really enjoy the show either.

I like that the art style means they aren't limited to just a few designs. I like the idea of a thriving Cybertron instead of going down the same worn out trail of dead/mostly dead Cybertron. And hey Decepticons instead of say nothing Vehicons is a welcome change.

But it just lacks the stuff I normally like in a cartoon as well. I don't think it helps that Fixit is the only Autobot I really like on the show so far and I watched a lot of episodes just to give the show a fair shot.

7. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Like it well enough.

8. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

I like it

MORE THAN ANIMATED

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So through seven episodes, I love it. There's just something charming about this series, a series that has decided not to take itself so seriously, but still have enough in the tank to get you pumped up when the action sequences occur.

In a way this series feels like a comic book, it's got all the right elements: comedy, action, plot, and just enough character to set things up for the future.

My hope is that this feeling continues. I remember saying Transformers Prime had the potential to be the BEST series we've ever had after the first 5 part mini-series, and boy did that opinion change for me. So we'll see.

10. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

I like it a whole lot. I wish that the humans' animation was 2D, leaving the Transformers being the only 3D characters present, but other than that I like the animation. I really love the characters' facial expressions, especially Sideswipe, Bee and Grimlock.

I also think that the editing could be a little better. Sometimes the sound effects cut out and there are odd moments of silence.

I love the ideas the show presents and wish that it wasn't a sequel to TFPrime.

The only thing really lacking in the show is the opening sequence. It looks thrown together like it was an after thought. The song is kinda jank too.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Just imagine the Japanese dub opening as the english opening. It's what I'd do. :p 

12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Very poor writing so far, mostly ugly designs too. A major step down from Prime and almost in the Armada territory. Goes out of its way to be funny when it could just work within the framework of the stories. Pacing is terrible, and characterization has been one dimensional.

13. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

Id need to hear it first. Where do you watch it in Japanese?
    Id love a link c:

14. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yes, a Decepticon leader who actually has a character rather than Megatron must suck. And his design? There's no way a wolf is more intimidating than a somewhat realistically sized gun held by a traitor! Oh and his voice actor?!? Don't even get me started on him!

:rolleyes: 

15. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Personally I find it to be way too wacky. I find the opening for RID to be awesome (why all the hate guys?). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Uyw2NRKFM

16. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
  17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Because it's an all out assault on our ears. Best example of this is after the first time they shout "TRANSFORMERS" we get them shouting "robots in disguise", music playing and the transformations sound all simultaneous to each other. It all adds up into a cacophony.

18. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think it's pretty good. It's much better than Primes slow theme song. I love orchestral music, but Primes theme was too much like Star Trek's theme and was too slow. No drums, no guitars.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Slow, but nice to listen to. Plus, I feel the Beast Hunters version really improved it. I just can't stand how muddled the RID intro sounds.

20. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Beast Hunters intro was so much better. A louder guitar solo and it would be really good.