So do we like RID2015 or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Mar 16, 2015.

?

How do you feel about RID2015 so far?

1. Love it.

79 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Like it.

90 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Indifferent.

40 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Dislike it.

33 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

I suppose it's possible that Filch isn't so much stupid, as she has a limited vocabulary - or maybe even a damaged/otherwise limited vocal processor. IIRC she had a "conversation" with Denny that only consisted of "shiny" but her mannerisms almost suggested, to me at least, that this is her "language."

Could also just be a Corvitron thing; corvids seem unintelligent to most people because they have no discernible language, yet are very intelligent. Perhaps it's only her birdmode v-processor that's limited.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I don't really care for any of the characters on the show. Ugly designs can be easily over looked if I actually liked the character but so far I don't like anyone.

If anything Bumblebee stands out as my favorite character... though he was my favorite character when I was four and was watching G1 so I have a history with him... Other than that we have a police bot who's obsessed with rules which except for her being female is nothing we haven't seen before and I've never particularly liked those characters. A kid friendly character who I believe is Sideswipe is this series... though considering it started out by arresting him I question their decision to make him the role model for children. A dude who's only interested in fighting. And a malfunctioning Mini-con... though he hasn't done it enough that it's gotten annoying... YET... He could still become very annoying. The Decepticons are much worse as they appear to just take on the roles of stereotypes. There's always a couple in every series but so far this seems like the entire cast is just stereotypes with no deeper personality than just thief, crazy, idiot, ect.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    We've just been so used to humanoid as the bot shape. I welcome the change. Just because sentience only evolved into humanoids on this world doesn't necessarily mean it would happen that way on cybertron. Hell they already are mechanical when we're not.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Except Go! wasn't a full series so that wouldn't have worked.

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how rid2015 is drawn is going to take some getting used to but the series so far is pretty good and a lot more enjoyable than transformers prime even though i really did like that series too

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Maybe add more episodes after the ones that were dubbed? Or we could do what Japan did with Headmasters... use the same characters but in an entirely different story than the one they already set up. Either way I really like the designs used in Go and wish we got those toys state side... Well the Predacons we kind of did get them but in a way we didn't. Some are straight repaints, others are actually retools of molds we got in the U.S. Grimwing/Darksteel got a new robot and beast mode head for his GO release. I already liked that mold to begin with but the new sculpt and colors of the Go version I think is the best version of that mold. Grimwing is actually my second favorite version of the mold. Not too big on the Darksteel colors but that is the one who actually ended up in Prime and I still like the mold even if I think he has the worst color scheme.

7. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've liked a few of the episodes. The characters and designs are really fun, but the animation and writing feel lazy. Everything looks really cheap and the episodes don't have very strong themes nor much of an ongoing plot. We've seen some stuff building with Steeljaw's budding Decepticon group which to be fair, I think the show has done a good job with keeping that low key. I think a lot of cartoons would've blown that by now.

I think it's entertaining enough, but I feel like Beast Wars and Animated found their groove by this spot. RiD hasn't and that's a shame. For all its faults, I think Prime was simply a better action cartoon than this has been. The fights looked nice and it had some big ideas even if the execution wasn't perfect. I was more interested in tuning in week after week. RiD is a much better toy ad though. This isn't snark. I mean I really want to buy toys of all of these neat looking Decepticons, but they don't have any.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the second half when we're apparently dealing with Prime's mystical journey, as well as, perhaps, the fruition of Steeljaw's plans. Might be more to chew on then. Not going to lie, I'd probably have dropped this if I wasn't really into Transformers right now, but for now, it's at least a bit better than Marvel's current awful cartoons which kind of makes RiD the best action cartoon on TV right now.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Marvels cartoons aren't awful... Well Spider-man is... but I'm more looking forward to seeing the Avengers than Transformers right now.

The best episode of Spide-man is the Deadpool episode. I'm kind of interested in the current Spider-verse story line but it mostly seems to be a cheap rip off of how the 90's Spider-man cartoon ended.

1990's Spider-Men: Spider-man (Main Universe), Man-Spider (Also known as the 6 armed Spider-man), Doctor Spider (Spider-Man with Doctor Octopus' robotic arms), Iron-Spider (Spider-Man from an alternate universe where Peter is rich and everyone knows his secret), Scarlet Spider (Ben Riley/Clone), Actor Spider-Man (From our world where Spider-Man is a fictional character), and Spider-Carnage (Peter Parker from the same universe as Ben Riley).

Current Spider-Men: Spider-man (Main Universe), Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara), Spider-Girl (Petra Parker), Spider-Man (Noir Peter Parker), Spyder-Knight (Medieval Peter Parker), Spider-Ham (Peter Porker), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), and Spider-Goblin.

The 1990's version is better because it's more realistic. All those other universes are actually possible variations of the main one except for the real universe which is forgivable because it's our reality.

Spider-Man 2099 is cool but set in the future. They flat out said that time travel was never involved in going to that universe so he shouldn't even be there. That universe would still be in present day not in the future unless time travel is involved.

Spider-Girl is from a universe where everyone is gender swapped which is really stupid. Also fighting sexism with sexism is really stupid. The women in that universe seemed to be totally against the idea of a Spider being a man. I'm not against the idea of Spider-Girl if they had used Peter's daughter as Spider-Girl instead of turning Peter into a woman. Though again that would cause the problem of no time travel being involved.

Noir Spider-Man is cool but takes place in the 50's... Why is there so much time traveling going on if there is no time traveling going on?

Spyder-Knight takes place in Medieval times which again, THERE IS NO TIME TRAVEL IN THIS SERIES. They also show Merlin as being that universes Doctor Strange which is impossible because they're two different characters.

Spider-Ham is just plain stupid. That was created as a joke and should not have been made cannon.

Miles Morales is the only character in this mess who actually makes any sense.

Then finally we have Spider-Goblin which makes me question why they did this whole alternate universe thing at all. Couldn't he have just used the DNA from his own Spider-Man to do the exact same thing? DNA of the same person from one universe to the next would be exactly the same. Although two of the alternate Spider-Men are not Peter Parker so that might of had some effect... but really if all he wanted was Spider powers he still could of gotten it from the main universe Peter Parker. The dimension jumping doesn't make any sense.

The reason for the dimension jumping in the 90's series is because Spider-Carnage had a device that threatened to destroy every reality. Makes a lot more sense than collecting the same DNA from the same person over and over again.

So yeah if Ultimate Spider-Man is the series you're comparing RID to I don't blame you for thinking it's stupid but the other Marvel cartoons aren't anywhere close to being as bad as all that nonsense.

9. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'm indifferent as of right now. There are things that I do like and think works well stylistically such as the overall visual renderings and the animation itself seems to be top notch. In terms of the Autobots, I'm actually pretty down with their characterizations, even if it feels like Bumblebee is just a yellow Rodimus Prime in training (to which I kind of wish that they would just give us Rodimus outright). I think that the immediate cast is well balanced.

My gripes however, are primarily with story/world-building and the Decepticons. With the cons, I'm not overly pleased with the idea of making them animals that transform into vehicles, (though I do like Steeljaw) in part because it really doesn't mesh with what the Decepticons have been in Prime (seeing how these two series are supposed to be set in the same universe). Storywise, this has been kind of bland and I'm waiting for it to pick up the pace a bit. I mean really, outside of a few rogue cons getting tracked down and captured, not much in the ways of plot have actually been advanced outside of a certain Cybertron visitor.

I see that we still have about half a season to go, so I won't write of PRiD just yet, but I do hope it picks up steam.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm watching it, and I'm not turning it off. It's a fun show, but I could take it or leave it.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I would just like to ask... does anyone else find it odd that Steeljaw is apparently the new Decepticon leader in this series. A character who's name originally belonged to an Autobot is now the Decepticon's leader. We've had names reused for the other side before, Steeljaw was also the name of Lockdown's little dog minions in AoE, but being the leader really doesn't sit right for some reason. I keep picturing Blaster's Cassette popping out and speaking in Starscream's voice shouting "Decepticons I am your new leader!"

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm still not sure yet. I've only seen the first half hour pilot. I was hoping the second episode was going to be available for On Demend on cable, but it's been almost a week, and still not available.

13. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

More than Prime and Animated? What? Why?

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It might bug me if G1 Steeljaw had done enough for me to care about him. I expect by time the fist season of this show is over, I will barely remember the G1 character exists.

15. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I love it, it's very clear - cuz Bunblebee is here!

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I always kind of remember Ravage as the Autobot version of Ravage so having him as the Decepticons new leader is a bit like having Ravage lead the Autobots.

17. soundwaverulls

I can understand that, but Steeljaw was only in one season of the cartoon, compared to Ravage's two (and an appearance in TFTM and Call of the Primitives) and simply wasn't as prominent a character in the one season he was in, as Ravage was in his two seasons. Ravage's fame could rais him up as they never fought, so weren't rivals, they were just very similar.

18. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Steeljaw had more character in one episode than the old uses of the name ever did, so as far as I'm concerned he's the rightful new owner of it.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Ravage was in three seasons as he was introduced in the pilot. He didn't just disappear for an entire season. Also Ravage and Steeljaw did actually fight at least once. In the movie both Soundwave and Blaster ejected all of their minions at the same time.

Steeljaw wasn't a prominent character but neither was Ravage... Except in Beast Wars... I think Beast Wars is really what made the character popular as neither of them did very much in the original cartoon. They couldn't even speak so really their entire characterization was reduced to being ejected out of a larger robot and growling.

Still I more easily remember Steeljaw being one of Blasters cassettes than a lot of other G1 characters who didn't get a lot of screen time. He may of only been in the show for one season and did little more than growl but that's still more than the Headmasters got.

20. soundwaverulls

I know Ravage was introduced earlier. That's the point. Being there for longer gave him more appearances, making him easier to remember. It may not be fair to Steeljaw, but it's the truth. And yes, Blaster did send his cassettes to fight Soundwave's in the movie. And they pitted Ravage against Rewind.

You actually bring up a good point with Beast Wars. Ravage has been reused in several different series. BW, movies, IDW. Steeljaw has barely appeared since the eighties. Plus, even when only looking at the G1 cartoon, I can remember a lot of things Ravage did in the original cartoon, while I can remember one, maybe two things Steeljaw did. But that's just me.