So do we like RID2015 or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Mar 16, 2015.

?

How do you feel about RID2015 so far?

1. Love it.

79 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Like it.

90 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Indifferent.

40 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Dislike it.

33 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ben 10...yes. Ultimate Spider-Man...Hell No.

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Man, I loved Ben 10 when I was younger.

And yeah, now that you mention it, this show gives me the same kind of viewing experience. It has a similar vibe.

That's a good thing, too! :lol 

3. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    So far I'm a bit indifferent about the series. The first 10 minutes of the pilot seemed promising but after that it devolved into what I feared it would be. What was considered kiddie 30 years ago is different from what its considered kiddie now. The tone of the show leaves me cold. I'll watch the first 7 episodes to get a better picture of the series but what I'm seeing is not promising imo.

4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    ^ This.

5. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Yeah, almost everything 30 years ago was only made to sell toys and nothing else. :p 

6. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is definitely not a TF show for the older teens and above.

7. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I'm 28 and loving it! Also know someone in their 50s who is really enjoying it too...so I'm pretty sure it's enjoyable for all ages like a Disney movie.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed.

9. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    It really is.

I'm hoping kids will eat this up...because I want seconds.

10. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i'm not a big fan of some of the cons designs but other than that i think it's great! :D  i really thought i wouldn't enjoy it from what we'd seen before the show was out but i've been really pleasantly surprised.

looking forward to how it's all gonna pan out. i wanna know what our favourite big bad wolf bot is up to, i'm sure there'll be more to it than he's letting anyone know.

11. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd like to know why they've chosen to make all the Decepticons different 'cybertronian' animal types?

12. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Late 30s and absolutely loving it.

13. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I guess they wanted to show that Cybertron has animal types of characters, that and make the Decepticons more distinct from the Autobots that you could tell one apart from each other.

Personally I don't care for this and kind of wish their were more normal Decepticons and animal like Autobots.

14. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I love it!!! I can't stop watching this series is so perfect <3

15. bungalox

bungalox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great models and art wasted on horrible writing. Some things are great like Steeljaw, and Bee's team minus Grimlock (too silly stupid for me, not to mention I cannot unthink Cyborg when I hear him). It has made me laugh a few times, but most the jokes are just embarrasing, like Bee's "transform and _____." I wish it wasn't beaten into the ground because it could have been a good joke if it was only touched upon every so often, and finally saying the right thing for the season finale.

I'll continue watching it for more Steeljaw and Fixit.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I'm kind of jealous of Japan right now. The toys look a lot better and having the Predacons as the main enemy lead by Predaking is much better than these weird Decepticons lead by Steeljaw that we're stuck with. Plus I actually like the Predacons designs and hate all the Decepticons except for Fracture.

I'm not too into any of the Autobots in the new series either. I don't hate them but I don't like them either. They're just in that weird grey area. I really like the designs and gimmick of the Transformers Go Autobots. I feel like we had to wait longer for a Transformers series just to get an inferior sequel to Prime.

I really wish we got an English dub of Transformers Go and RID2005 was a Japanese only series.

17. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I'm craving some Buffaloid wings. Where's Terrashock?

Also, I just thought of something. We know how some of these Decepticons have an animal and vehicle modes rather than the traditional robot/car or robot/animal approach. What if these Cons were originally beastformers but replaced their original robot mode for a vehicle mode rather than replacing their beast mode?

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It's okay. It hasn't done wonders for me yet. By now, other shows like Rebels, Clone Wars, Animated, TMNT 2003 and 2012, and Korra had really done something big that got me hooked. Clone Wars' Rookies, Animated's Thrill of the Hunt, TMNT's Gauntlet and the 2003 premiere, and Korra's Revelation, chiefly.

I don't mind the Decepticon of the week set up because we know that something's going on behind the scenes with Steeljaw and eventually Optimus' arc. It gives time for the cast to have fun. Little scenes like the gang watching some romcom in the Jazz episode, for instance. That was something Prime only had about twice. It's already got the little thing I love about any series, time spent for just chilling to develop the cast.

Bee's got an arc that's been done already, kinda like Rodimus or TFA Optimus. Sideswipe isn't remarkable. Fixit reminds me of Rung in that he's always abused; I won't put a betrayal past him with all the shit he puts up with. Strongarm, Grimlock, and Denny are fun. Russell's not terrible but he's not remarkable either. Love Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, Underbite and Hammerstrike (David Kaye!). Jazz was cool but rather generic compared to his Movie, Animated, and High Moon counterparts. Looking forward to Drift.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That's exactly why I don't like their designs. Filch and Fracture seem to be the only ones with robot modes. Though Filch has only transformed once and all we saw was a silhouette of her backside.

Also as a character how is Filch even labeled a criminal in the first place? They have her labeled as a kleptomaniac/thief except in the real world that is only punishable if the person is able to understand that stealing is a crime. She clearly does not. Her vocabulary consists of three words. "Shiny", "Mine", and "Not" as in Not Shiny. She should be in a home for the mentally challenged not a prisoner with a criminal record.

My brother is mentally challenged and lives in a foster home. Earlier this month when we went to see him for his birthday we found out one of the other guys he lives with has been going into his room when he's not home and stealing his things. So you could say I've personally dealt with someone just like Filch. I don't hate her design because she's one of the few Deceptions who actually has a robot mode but I find it offensive that they're portraying her as mentally handicapped and still treating her as a normal criminal. A person has to be aware of their actions in order to prosecute them as a crime. This would be like arresting a four year old for stealing gum.

20. RevenentPhoenix

RevenentPhoenix Decepticon DJ

Its kinda meh to me. It has its moments and I like some of the characters (Grimlock and Sideswipe are my favorites at the moment.) I don't particularly care for the cell shaded style of art it kinda feels weird like I don't know if what I am looking at is 3D or flat. I also dislike the pacing some times like its almost feels a little rushed and I get confused if I space out a little bit.

I have hope for it though.