So do we like RID2015 or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Mar 16, 2015.

?

How do you feel about RID2015 so far?

1. Love it.

79 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Like it.

90 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Indifferent.

40 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Dislike it.

33 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Since 9 episodes of RID2015 are now readily available to be viewed in English online, I feel that it's time to gauge the fandom's response to this new and different take on the Transformers franchise.

Personally, I love it. It's a nice change in pace compared to the typical modern TF formula, and all the characters thus far are, at least, good. Some of them, like Bumblebee, Grimlock, Denny, Steeljaw, Underbite, and Springload in particular are great. And the rest are still pretty good too. Very few leave much to be desired. Even Filch was cool despite only saying like two words. :lol  The interaction is clever, funny, and overall entertaining. So I really don't have any complaints in that department.

Plus, I love the art style. I wasn't too sure watching it in SD on Dailymotion, but after seeing the US premier in HD on my TV, I'm sold. It's fun, unique, expressive and most certainly bound to draw kids in. Even though it's visually way different than Prime, I find it to be superior in the respect that it's actually eye-catching like a cartoon should be and not grim and gloomy like Prime always seemed to be. Plus the cheaper cost of production allows for a greater diversity of characters and a much more lively and populated world. Polygon really hit a home run with RID2015 and I'm sure they'll receive some kind of award or recognition for it.

The blending of animation styles doesn't bother me at all either, like it seems to some people. Sure it's wacky and unrealistic, but that's really what Transformers has always been. In my opinion, a Transformers show should never take itself too seriously, or else it will set itself up for failure. Only Beast Wars has really pulled off a dark tonality well imo, and it still let itself be funny. Prime on the other hand just....well, you know.

Both visually and storywise, RID2015 knows how ridiculous it is, making for an engaging and self-aware cartoon, despite it obviously being aimed at young children.

For kids programming, this show is top notch. It's not perfect, but it's miles ahead of Prime and I'm confident kids will love it so long as CN doesn't murder it. :redface2:  It should be great for the brand as a whole as I'm sure its success will bring in profits to be put towards the more adult fan oriented stuff like Generations.

Plus so long as some of the quality control issues are nixed by Hasbro, I'm sure kids will love the toys too. I recently picked up BB and Steeljaw, and I'm proud to have them on my shelf. They both have a lot of character despite being so simple.

So, as I'm sure it is evident, you can all count me as "loving" RID2015. I feel like it may even beat out RID2001 as my all time favorite series. I look forward to what future episodes bring to the table and I'm curious as to what overarching plots this series has in store also.

So, what say you?

2. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I love RID, also loved Prime, and continue to be "eh" on the fandom. So basically business as usual.

3. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

I love it so far, I just love how new the cast is :D 

4. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    i like it, its not the best, but i seen worst...

5. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I love it! It's not Prime material, but it's really good!

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I only saw the first episode which aired on Cartoon Network, and I liked what I saw.

7. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Like it as a show, but do not see it as plenipotentiary TFP's successor. On its own.

8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    So far I love it!

9. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if i was 8 i'd probably love it..but im not so i find it boring and not interesting at all

10. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it a little bit.

11. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm somewhere between like it and indifferent. But I'm definitely leaning towards 'like it' more.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I like it. It's fun. It's not the most amazing work of fiction ever written, but I don't really want that. I like how it's lighthearted and goofy. I'm really diggin' watching Bumblebee grow into his role, too. I don't LOVE it, but definitely like it. It makes my inner child happy. :) 

Best part is that it doesn't star Optimus Prime and Megatron. I've been wanting a show to do this for a long time. I don't mind if they come back later on, now.

13. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Apart from the latest episode I'm closer loving it than liking it.

14. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I'm still at the like it phase, I feel it still needs a big defining moment to make it into a series I can say I love.

Though from what I hear the next story line involving a certain Prime may be that defining moment I need.

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I watched the first two episodes. Did nothing for me. I think I'm done.

16. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

The first two episodes are the weakest.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying it. Unlike TFP we're getting to see the characters properly hanging out between missions and it's making for some fun interactions and development which also carries over into when they're out in the field.
    It feels a lot more rounded than Prime was. Just needs to get more into an overall arc than capturing the monster of the week, although the basic set-up of scattered prisoner pods is a good one for ongoing missions and bringing in new characters (like the stasis pods were in BW). Hopefully whatever Steeljaw is planning will be interesting.

Even the humans aren't that irritating. Hopefully at some point the girl character will come back and join the team proper.

18. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Love it.

19. Natephoenix

Natephoenix DoodleBot

Ebay:
    I'm loving it. Just saw the Thuderhoof introduction.

20. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was clear they had to rush everything in order to reach the status quo by episode two. The hamfisted introductions didn't really help, nor did the insanely fast pace that breezed through Grimlock's introduction without a single member so much as questioning having him around despite his apparent allegiance. Then there was that deus ex machina at the end of episode two...