Snyder's Justice League

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Scourgatron, May 20, 2020.

1. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

Considering the questionable nature of his portrayal of Superman and the utter trainwreck both versions of Dawn of Justice are, I don't really expect the Snyder Cut to be any better than the theatrical cut.

• Like Like x 3
  2. kazukun

kazukun Well-Known Member

While Snyder didn't do a good job with how his portrayal of Superman, I do want to see some other better director/creators out there that show Superman's more conflicted or moral dilemma he might face, instead of just a good guy who does no wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for all the Darkseid is rip off of Thanos talk when we see him for the first time in live action. Haha

• Like Like x 2
  4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Enough time has gone by that general audiences may not even connect the two, as long as the design is different enough. Thanos is way more human and borderline sympathetic at moments. Darkseid has none of that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My wife wants Friends back, so she wanted us to get HBO Max. I was like, "uh, no. It's $15.00!" and then this came along and I said "well, it's currently on preorder discount for a year at $12.00 a month, what the heck?" and so that's the story of how we got roped into HBO Max. Kind of glad I did, got access to HBO Now and I'm quite pleased with the current film selection, plus we can watch Last Week Tonight, again. :D 

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

So is every movie in the DCEU going to get a director's cut now? They did it with Batman vs. Superman and that didn't make it any better.

8. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure all the reviewers on YouTube meant a complete cut doesn't exist which it doesn't hence they they spending the $30M to finish it.
    Campea has said that many times on his channel but people keep using his words out of context.
    But the ones that are going after the people that wants the Snydercut and got it can go fuck themselves.

9. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Movie Thanos. Comic Thanos is about the stupidest villain in the history of comics. Ironically Darkseid is a much more interesting villain in the comics and WB will never make him anything other than some generically stupid super-evil. I mean Christ, did you see Steppenwolf in JL? Sweet character development. Marvel takes this utter turd of a character Thanos, real bottom of the barrel thoughtless Jim Starlin creation and the MCU makes him one of the most interesting CGI villains ever. Weird stuff.

10. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    A good rule of thumb is anything Snyder can do in 3 hours, Paul Dini could do better and in half the time. Case in point: TAS Superman had zero patience for Darkseid or Lex Luthor and it made for a compelling character flaw.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I mean, I'm morbidly curious. It won't be a better movie than the theatrical one - as many say the Extreme Edition or whatever of BvS is. But it will probably be a more worthy topic of discussion than that movie. I actually thought JL was fine, in the sense that it had been sedated down to a level that it couldn't do anymore harm. It's a low bar, and it's a particularly hilarious movie playing opposite Thor Ragnarok, but it's fine.

I expect the thread to gradually devolve into discussion of the more important topic in the immediate future: how this is going to effect fandom going forward. There are already calls for an Ayer cut of Suicide Squad (which, to be fair, might be more of a thing that actually exists than the Snyder Cut), a sequel to Solo, etc etc. I'm not sure where it ends, but if we're kowtowing to fan pressure now maybe we can get a second Episode IX.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I’m very excited for the new cut.

My only concern is the original rumors were JL 1 was going to be 2 movies, not just 1, and then there might be a sequel or 2 after that? So we are only getting the first third of an arc perhaps?

So what kind of resolution will we get at the end of this movie? Will this mess up the cliffhangers that we’re planned? Will this just end with storylines not tied up?

I think this was a unique case, I don’t expect an Ayer cut or a return of the Snyderverse.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  13. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I just don’t really care about DC movies, I love the characters in the DC Universe but I am still waiting for a movie about them.

14. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Respectfully disagree on the comic part, and I’m going to end it at that in order to avoid a derailment with a debate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    3AED2423-6600-4946-9C32-F9D233F4F98C.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Jim Starlin lifted the New God concept from Kirby, and proceeded write it like ass. His motivation? He’s killing people to impress a chick... And that chick is... Death, literally. It’s so fucking stoooopid. I respectfully disagree with your disagreement. He’s idiotic.

17. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I for one can’t wait to see the added musical number of Granny Goodness singing “New Gods Rock!” and Robert Pattinson’s face digitally replace Ben Affleck’s.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Okay, I think we can all agree that his motivations in the comics are dumb. However, he's generally portrayed as such a badass that most people look past that. He can be pretty damned awesome. His list of accomplishments in the comics are pretty big beyond just trying to impress Death as well... not to mention in recent years (before his introduction in the MCU even) he decided she wasn't worth his time (though some writers forget that little bit of character development at Marvel because a shit load of the new writers suck).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Off topic, but to me the best thing about Infinity Gauntlet, besides the fun of wielding the infinity stones, is George Perez totally killed it with the art.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    It’s fine, I am mostly joking. It’s just one of those things I cannot comprehend. He’s just so basic, a ripped off character who has zero point but hey sometimes people just want plain cheese house pizza.

• Like Like x 1