Snyder's Justice League

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Scourgatron, May 20, 2020.

1. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those of you who seem actively *angry* about this movie, can you tell me why? Didn't like Whedon's JL? Don't like Snyder's movies in general? OK. Just don't engage. There are tons of properties that don't do it for me. I just don't watch. The new She-Ra, for example. It's OK, I guess, but too far from the source material for me. I don't like it, but understand that lots of folks do. Kudos for them! My displeasure doesn't invalidate their enjoyment, and vice versa.

Besides, it sounded like Synder had a pretty ambitious three-movie story outlined. I'm genuinely curious to see how it would have played out. Would it have been a dark, brooding mess? Quite likely. But let's be honest, when you're talking about Darkseid taking over the Earth and enslaving the world with Anti-Life, that's not exactly rainbows and kittens. Sure, it likely wouldn't have worked, but aren't you at least a little curious?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I feel that’s the driving force behind this, the curiosity of it all. To see what we would’ve gotten instead of the final film.

Also, had no idea this was going to be so long.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I just can’t believe this is actually happening. I didn’t think Snyder had finished enough of the movie for there to even be a Snyder-cut. I definitely want to see it, good or bad. At the very least, this version should fit in better with MOS and BvS.

Couple thoughts though...
    If WB thinks this will get a bunch of people to subscribe to the HBO MAX app, well, maybe. But how many of those twitter folks will just pirate it?

This will be interesting if it ends up being worse than the Whedon cut, because you have this sub-set of fans that were so sure that Snyder’s version is better — which is a great take to have when it can’t be disproven — but now we’re all going to get to see it. If it’s trash, will some of them pretend to like it, out of some sense of obligation?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Yes.

• Like Like x 6
  5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    So this movie is supposedly 90 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, supposedly only 10% of the nearly 5 hours of principal photography were used in that version (which is consistent with the "25% of my movie" figure that Snyder uses, about 30 minutes). You can tell based on the more egregious edits in the theatrical cut that Superman's resurrection was originally much more of the film. And Darkseid was supposed to show up. It has to be a wildly different thing.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Also Green Lantern talking to Alfred.

7. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder will they re-cgi Steppenwolf to the more monster like look of the drawings and BvS and not an old man? Also, would be funny if they cgi some stubles on Affleck since he looked puffy and weird compared to BvS Bruce Wayne which he looked perfect as an aging BW.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    So, this is happening. I'll admit I'm curious because it can't be any worse of a train wreck than what we already got. I imagine even if this is terrible the Snyder fan boys will try to claim it isn't. The thing that has me surprised here is that... if what's been reported about how much of Snyder's version was actually finished is true... WB is going to probably be spending another couple of billion dollars to finish this version. Which is crazy as hell when you consider how in the hole they were after Whedon's version.

9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    They’re spending 20-30 million to finish what wasn’t done. Bringing the actors, the crew, etc. back to finish too.

This is unprecedented. I don’t think has ever been done for a movie before.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Okay, so not a billion or two like I thought, but dropping another 20 to 30 million on something that already bombed for them? Seems like it fits the definition of insanity.

You're right, this is very unprecedented. I have to think this is happening only because one if the higher ups thinks that Snyder's version of the film could actually end up being better and thus replace the previously abysmal version we currently have in the DCEU. I'm not optimistic about that, but clearly someone has to believe this version could indeed be better besides just the Snyder fan boys or else this kind of money wouldn't be going towards this project.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'd like to see it. I'd like to own it. Why not? If they do indeed break it up into a series, it might do alright.

I'll take my nice Target deluxe edition of JL, smash the disc with a fucking hammer, and put this in there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a macro level, this is incredible. Something like this will likely never happen again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Exclusive behind the scenes footage from Burbank -

granny2.gif

• Like Like x 5
  14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Josh wanted to delay the film to help make it better but dc movie head wanted his bonus check!

From the sound of it they may use stand ins and body doubles otherwise they have to pay "reshoot" pay to the stars. Plus I don't think flash will get new scenes with the same actor after he chock slammed a woman!

• Like Like x 1
  15. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

...I personally want to see The Snyder Cut to be able to compare the intended edition versus what we got from Whedon.

16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The main two improvements I’m hoping for is that they cut out some of the Batman comedy and add some sort of depth to Steppenwolf. I’m fine with comedy and having a Batman with a dry sense of humor, but the jokes like “something is definitely bleeding” is not really a Batman sort of line. I know Steppenwolf won’t have the same development as a character like Thanos, but the Snyder cut should at least give him something. As it stands now, Steppenwolf has the depth of your average of early 2000’s video game villain.

Did they ever say if they were going to improve the effects that were already in the movie too?

• Like Like x 1
  17. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

18. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ghostbusters thing is obviously a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I did see the extended cut on the blu day which does fix some plot and pacing issues the movie has. Three hours is definitely excessive, and a joke as MX pointed out. Sometimes more time to breathe is a good thing.

• Like Like x 1