Snyder's Justice League

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Scourgatron, May 20, 2020.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Sucker Punch was an assault on humanity. If there is an even longer version and it is shown anywhere outside of the United States, it may actually constitute a war crime.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    What, you don't think the inclusion of single scenes for Vulko, The Atom, Martian Manhunter, and Iris West will improve the pacing of the movie?

3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Do I really need to sacrifice over three hours of my life only to say that it's about as bad as it was before, except probably better looking and even LONGER?

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excuse me, sir... I want "Single Scenes: The Movie: The Zack Snyder Extended Extended Director's Cut, Part II Produced By Michael Bay"!

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Well, good thing there is this advanced technological invention called the pause button so you can pause the movie whenever you feel like it and resume later. I mean, it's not like you're going to watch this in theaters and force yourself to stay on your seat from start to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Indeed. Given how protective bubble the world has become, I'm surprised the current versions don't have "May Lower IQ" warning labels on them. But I suppose if the majority of Bay movies don't either, Snyder has nothing to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    doesn't really negate the fact it's long...

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    To be fair, this insane run time probably accounts for his gross overuse of derrrrr dramatic slow-mo, so if everyone just plays it a 2x speed, it'll only be like 43 minutes long.

Barring that, I suppose everyone can go make dinner or mow the lawn once WW starts one of her cringe worthy over-the-top jumps into action and be back in time before she finally lands it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Was there ever any good Snyder movie? A friend swears Sucker Punch is her favorite movie, but after having seen Mos and bvs I can't believe he's able to do a great movie. The biggest pain was the first part of Mos, which was basically like an hour of just reaaaaally quick recap of superman's whole life up until now, as if he was on adderol while cutting that and while it was a big info dump, at the same time everything felt cut too short, while also being too much information I could have lived without or would have preferred to have left out. I have no comprehension why they would let someone like him do movies about big superheros like these at all... WB must've been really desperate.

Still interested to see the new version, but having Whedon finish Justice League was probably the smartest decision, as now that movie was the only enjoyable movie right with Wonder Woman and Shazam. Although I loved suicide squad the first time around, but recently rewatched it and suddenly it felt boring. I saw Harley Quinn at the theater with a friend and didn't even know she got her own movie, but I also enjoyed it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that everything I did not like about JL would probably still be in the Snyder cut, like the stupid looking Flash costume and that Barry Allen now looks even more puny than the CW version.

They could have topped that clip show first hour of Mos if they would have put caption bars everywhere, that would tell you everything else, they could not compress into the shown scenes :lol 

Or like putting caption bars into bvs "Martha was important to him..." "... But to him as well! Now does that make them friends?" "An uplifting feeling surrounds the now united friends and former foes" :lol 

Basically like a commentary version of the movie as the main release, I could totally see that. And he closes with the words "And that's why I'm awesome" which Batman interrupts "No, you're not. I am." which Snyder replies with "why would you say that?" "COS I'M BATMAN" Batman declares. :lol 

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    300 and Watchmen are pretty good, Dawn of the Dead as well. Snyder is good when he adapting a story by a competent comic writer. If he has a finished story he's directly adapting it stays close to the source and has good visuals. Whenever he writes the story himself it goes off the rails. Some more than others.

I can think of a few stories that would be good if they were direct adaptions, but WB doesn't seem to want to do that anymore.

I think he might do a great Kingdom come movie. As long as it was word for word like the book, I could see him making it look almost as visually impressive as the Alex Ross art. But if he wrote his own narratives it would fall apart.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I had fun watching 300, even if it's a fairly dumb movie. It's pretty and action-y enough.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, you're right. Watchmen was good. 300 was way over the top, but entertaining. Like legendary journeys of Hercules, only that it took itself more serious than Hercules.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I didn’t care for Watchmen. He made a lot of the action scenes over the top. The hero’s should be very grounded except for Dr Manhattan. But when you have a time skinny woman and a over weight man having a back street brawl kicking people like they are made of paper it loses the humanity of what those characters were.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the upper lip looks good

shocking that needs to be stated...

• Like Like x 1
  16. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It's exactly the sort of movie the real Spartans would have wanted about Leonidas and his men, based on how theatrical the historical records of Thermopylae turned out.

It's also just as homoerotic as the real Sparta would have been, but I'm not sure if that was intentional.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I laughed so hard when, of all people, a SPARTAN king tried to slur Athenians as "boy lovers". :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Clearly the difference was that there were no boys in Spartan society. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Might not be worth reminding the Spartan fans like Miller of certain things their icons of manly manliness liked.

Or how those icons got themselves heroically killed at Thermopylae but for a change Athenian boy lovers actually WON at Marathon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    From what I gather, Athens and Sparta loved to give each other metric tons of shit. And never in human history has hypocrisy gotten in the way of a sick burn.

• Like Like x 4