SNES Classic Edition

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by optics, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Somebody out there knows how to do that and the fact they aren't doing it kills me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    We would need someone who could hack into those bots. We could probably find someone on the dark net. We would even find someone on the dark net who could just kill all those scalpers. But maybe let's try Plan A first, where we find one hacking into their bots. Plan B is just the failsafe. While we're at it, we should maybe also assemble a squad on the dark net who could assissinate IS all around the world :D 

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Or who could hack into the retail sites and make changes to misdirect the bots without interfering with human users.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I knew my older brother really wanted this so I hounded Reddit's mini SNES forum to see updates. Having post displays set to "New" I was able to view the carnage in real time and attempt (unsuccessfully) to order it online with each new emerging retailer pre-order. Things were looking grim. Then when Gamestop announced via their Twitter of in-store Pre-Orders, I instantly called my brother and DEMANDED him to run to a Gamestop store. I began calling up the local stores to obtain the stock status of their store allocated systems. Only one store was not already sold out, all the others were already flooded with people, lines wrapping outside the door and around the buildings/mall hallways. The clerks on the phones sounded frantic and panicked, like they were in a goddamn war zone. The clerk at the one store we chose was cool as a cucumber and didn't seem swamped with customers. Luckily, my brother was was able to leave work and get one by going to that specific store and he got the last one they had available for pre-order. We paid it in full to ensure no takesie-backsie pre-order pickup shenanigans. We are very lucky to have locked one in. I am glad he got what he wanted for Christmas.

As for the handling of this whole fiasco, *maaaaybe* fuck Nintendo??? Maybe in time, more stock will show up and supply will meet demand??? But currently, FUCK scalpers. I am sorry for folks that truly want this and can't get it. I felt your pain with the NES mini and couldn't get one for my brother. I don't even want one myself, but these shouldn't be a problem to get. As a gamer, I am glad I stopped bothering with Nintendo and their forced scarcity/demand. This would've driven me mad if I had to fight for every game/system/accessory I wanted.

Once the DS hit, I ignored them. Not for any negative reason, I just ignored them. I still love my original Super Mario/Duckhunt NES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Color Pikachu edition, and Gameboy Advances (original and SP backlit), but I just couldn't warm up to the gamecube, wii, wii U, and the many DS variants. Either I didn't like the systems or I didn't find many good games. Now though, the switch does look neat but only for Zelda, and the 3DS xl whatever looks fun (I wonder if that can play all types of DS games? I liked how my Gameboy Advance could play all the GBA, GBC, and GB games region free.). I'm glad I didn't jump into the DS gaming because with so many system upgrades, I'd feel buyers remorse having a better system come out repeatedly in such short times. I've been Sony all the way since PS2 and have been happy with that. I have a PS3 but my time is more limited and I barely touch it so I have no desire to even buy a PS4 right now.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    People should not need to do that, but cool it worked out for you =)

6. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Man, that's nuts! It's not for the in-hand system itself, but a PRE-ORDER. I don't want the unit that badly. I'll go to my storage, dust off the Black Widow webs and unearth it from a buried box before I do that.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly guys, I'd just play the in-browser virtual Nintendo games I'd want at this point ( Play NES game )( Play NES game ). If they can't make their products available for me to buy when they should be available to buy, then they lose a sale from me. I'd rather play all the games for free to try them out before I buy them, and then whatever I find worthy of owning, I'd try to buy a physical copy of. Blockbuster is gone and Gamefly doesn't have retro games to try, so I gotta do what I can to meet my needs if the official company can't fulfill that. And I don't do/trust digital games because if support drops years from now, then you could lose your games. At least, that's my fear with them.

Good luck to you all in your search.

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

as i said, im camping at TRU. the only bad thing right now for me waiting for September 28th to come by. today is August 24th...

...gonna be a long wait but i got a small stack of games i haven't played yet to pass the time.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It should be noted that these were just pre-sells - it will actually be released in a month in stores like the mini NES was.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I... I... yes, we can move on.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I said IF. I don't have a second NES Classic.

Last Tuesday, my coworker was throwing a tantrum because he was told that SNES Classic was on preorder when it was too late. But he told me today that Tuesday he was picking up another game until the guy in front of him was trying to preorder the last SNES, but they only allowed $50 deposit, when he onlt wanted to deposit $5. The customer was so mad he wrecked some thing in the store and stormed out. So then my coworker was able to preorder it after that customer walked out. So he was lucky. However, he said he was going to take the day off to hunt for more SNES Classics to other friends. I asked if he can get me one and he said, "I'll try."

Anyways, I was thinking. If the N64 Classic had Pokémon Stadium, do you think it is possible they will also install Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow to have in playable in Pokémon Stadium?

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    No. Because they would be saved for the Gameboy Classic if it ever happens.

If there would be a N64 Classis I think the line up could be like this

Mario 64
    Mario Party 2
    Possibly Party 3
    DK 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Ocarina of Time
    Possibly Majoras Mask
    Star Fox 64
    Kirby 64
    Wave Race 64
    Pilot Wings 64
    Super Smash Brothers
    F Zero X
    Yoshi’s Story
    Bomberman 64
    Mario Tennis
    Mario Golf
    Pokémon Snap
    Pokémon Puzzle league
    Paper Mario

I don’t expect any original IP Rare games become Microsoft. That also excludes Diddy Kong Racing because Banjo and Conker is in it.

Don’t expect Golden Eye because there is way to much legal stuff there.

I don’t expect any M rated games so no Resident Evil 2

There is also a lack of 3rd party gems on N64

I don’t expect any Pokémon Stadium because there is way to much to modify to get it to work even with games preloaded.
    Nintendo never done a Virtual Console release of the game ever.

All of these “Classic” games before have been on Virtual Console, Well except Star Fox 2 but bundling a never released before game sells units. Which has been proven from the craziness of pre orders.

13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    What you mean like a captcha that would render these bots useless? Yup, that's all they need to do right now, one captcha "I am not a robot" check mark.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just thought it would work if the games were installed in the controllers, just like the original.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The issue with that is the controller becomes more expensive. The controllers would need a flash storage chip to hold the game info.

The selling point of the “Classic” consoles is that it is a cheap nostalgic rush for people who aren’t into video games anymore.

N64 is famous for its party games.
    The selling points for it will be Mario Party and Mario Kart.

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    At this point, to me the Classic Minis are just collector items. But if N64 has Pokémon Stadium, it is definitely an open and install to my TV. That's if these Classic have HDMI plugs. Never opened one.

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Yes they have HDMI.

It is 100% a collectors item.I know people who are going crazy for these consoles who don’t play video games anymore.

They sell on nostalgia and also sells to crazy Nintendo fans who must own everything Nintendo.

I also don’t expect Stadium because it lacks a following. You don’t hear many asking for a Stadium 3.

Pokémon Snap will be easier to port plus there is more of a nostalgic following. I see more of a demand for a Snap 2.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Ugh, fucking Nintendo...shit show part 2 electric bugaloo has started then.

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    When I collect these type of rare collector items, I have hopes they will go to Museums (even though that hardly happens).

At first, I wasn't sure about the SNES. But I have 3 options of getting one.

1) Hopefully obtain a NES and see if someone is will to trade.

2) Wait till September 28th, when some preorders were not picked up, and what's left will be on sale then.

3) Hopefully my coworker will find me one, because even though he preordered his, he's going to hunt for more for friends.

20. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Of course! It is the fact that it is an official Nintendo release that will be able to connect easily to my current tv with all SNES games available without the hassel of obtaining cartridges. I would not camp out on release day though. I am satisfied that I got one easily a few days ago for retail price.